***The official Rangers vs Kilmarnock match thread***

Gaz52

Foderingham

Kiernan     Hill         Wilson

Tavernier                                      Wallace

Halliday Rossiter Windass

Waghorn Garner

If all are fit I`d like to see us give this a go, Waghorn isn`t clinical enough to lead our front line and Garner needs a creative partner to make runs. Full backs also have more freedom and less defensive responsibilities, particularly as Wallace has been piss poor defensively. Won`t happen but its just what I`d like to see, we`re that bad at the moment I don`t see the harm in experimenting a bit from the 4-3-3.

5 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

That, with Wilson over Senderos and Rossiter for Crooks.

I thought Rossiter was unfit tbh. And I'd play Wilson too, but no idea if he's fit or not either hence the forward slash.

Dunno if I'd play Crooks or Rossiter if both fit. Probably Crooks. Should be fitter as hasn't been injured as recently and we really need to see what he can do. Both need substantial game time though.

I'd like to see Garner MOH and Dodoo Uptop tomorrow. If we continue with the 4-3-3. 

Ideally I'd like to see a 4-3-1-2, with Holt Halliday Rossiter and Windass in the 4, with Miller and Garner up front. Never happen tho. 

Something really needs to change with the formation and tactics if not then MW deserves all the flack that comes his way if we don't get a win.

We are rubbish playing 4-3-3 anyway so why not give something else a try, it really can't get any worse.

4-2-3-1 for me short term.

Guest Lloyd72

Wes

Tavernier         Wilson          Hill         Hodson       

Rossiter

Windass                  Mckay     

MOH                                                Dodoo

Give me hope Joe Garner

Wallace really needs dropped, made more backwards passes than anyone on wednesday and isn't good enough. 

Halliday looks like he needs a rest and I want to see Rossiter back to build up his fitness again.

Mckay could be a good replacement in midfield for Kranjcar as his passing range is very good and direct.

Forrester didn't really impress me on Wednesday so I'd give Dodoo his shot.

3-1 win for us  :uk:

The 433 will never work because thenwide strikers srick to the wing and cut inside.

If they played a bit more through the middle it would be more effective but it would mean the full backs would need to push up which would take us back to our first problem with the defence being exposed.

352 would fix this imo

Flat 3 with tav and wallace wingbacks supporting the offense with windass in the midfield also supporting. Holt linking up with halliday dropping back to help the back 3.

Winner winner chicken dinner

Foderingham

Tavernier, Hill, Wilson, Wallace

Rossiter,

Halliday, Windass

O'Halloran, Garner, Miller.

If Rossiter is fit then we should play him. Holt gets in all the right positions but he has no final ball. O'Halloran seems to play well off Garner, so those two should start. Hopefully Dodoo gets on.

1 hour ago, Bellshill_Bear said:

The 433 will never work because thenwide strikers srick to the wing and cut inside.

If they played a bit more through the middle it would be more effective but it would mean the full backs would need to push up which would take us back to our first problem with the defence being exposed.

352 would fix this imo

Flat 3 with tav and wallace wingbacks supporting the offense with windass in the midfield also supporting. Holt linking up with halliday dropping back to help the back 3.

Winner winner chicken dinner

3 at the back gets raped every time when there are decent wingers, particularly when there is no pace in the CBs. 

See McLeish vs O'Neill. Had a field day against them, so much so that they completely rethought their system and went with a back 4. 

Just now, graeme_4 said:

3 at the back gets raped every time when there are decent wingers, particularly when there is no pace in the CBs. 

See McLeish vs O'Neill. Had a field day against them, so much so that they completely rethought their system and went with a back 4. 

We obviously don't have the players Chelsea possess but Conte has been making it work pretty well recently.

3 hours ago, The Monk said:

Foderingham

Kiernan     Hill         Wilson

Tavernier                                      Wallace

Halliday Rossiter Windass

Waghorn Garner

If all are fit I`d like to see us give this a go, Waghorn isn`t clinical enough to lead our front line and Garner needs a creative partner to make runs. Full backs also have more freedom and less defensive responsibilities, particularly as Wallace has been piss poor defensively. Won`t happen but its just what I`d like to see, we`re that bad at the moment I don`t see the harm in experimenting a bit from the 4-3-3.

I like that formation but I would play it slightly different to be more attacking at Ibrox, I like your team for playing them or the sheep away from home

Wes

Keirnan Hill Wallace

MOH    Halliday Crooks Windass McKay/Forrester

Miller  Garner

18 hours ago, writingranger said:

Kilmarnock had an excellent win but won't sustain it. We are clicking, even though it's not sustained over the whole match. A win. Definitely not a rout, but a solid win.

Can you define clicking. We were woeful against St Johnstone.  Our shots on target for the whole season must be on a par with Dundee. 

1 hour ago, Lloyd72 said:

Wes

Tavernier         Wilson          Hill         Hodson       

Rossiter

Windass                  Haliday   

MOH                                                Dodoo

Give me hope Joe Garner

Wallace really needs dropped, made more backwards passes than anyone on wednesday and isn't good enough. 

Halliday looks like he needs a rest and I want to see Rossiter back to build up his fitness again.

Mckay could be a good replacement in midfield for Kranjcar as his passing range is very good and direct.

Forrester didn't really impress me on Wednesday so I'd give Dodoo his shot.

3-1 win for us  :uk:

Fixed for u mate 

12 minutes ago, Boybluesy said:

Our shots on target for the whole season must be on a par with Dundee. 

Rangers shots on target for the full season (Including League cup games)

97 shots on target

Dundee shots on target for the full season (including League cup games)

48 shots on target

:pipe:  

Guest Lloyd72
14 minutes ago, He's blue he's white said:

Fixed for u mate 

I don't think you have mate considering you've changed Mckay out for a player who doesn't play for us.

Mckay is the best creative midfielder we have fit currently anyway so he should start in midfield rather than on the wing where he seems awkward and not as effective.