Time to ditch Penny Arcade?

Dietspam

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bit random but if you think what is played now is shite I can remember years ago (must have been in the 70's), we were playing Vojvodina in a European game at Ibrox, before the game started the DJ was playing is usual playlist when for whatever reason he decided to play Rod Stewart's your in my heart, it took a few seconds before the crowd realized what he was playing and started booing and whistling, anyway someone in the depths of Ibrox must have twigged why the crowd were going tonto because just as it got to THAT BIT you could hear the needle scratching across the record, I could just imagine someone charging into the DJ's wee booth and pulling the record off the turntable LOL, that got one of the biggest cheers of the night.

14 hours ago, Brubear said:

Why tell him to fuck up when it is true. The club couldn't be seen to be condoning the add ons.

Yet they condone supporters and players getting attacked at Motherwell and the Cup game.

Watch out for the attack of the violent song.

5 hours ago, BluebearDory said:

I personally love Penny Arcade as it's tradition and  always gets me ready for a game but once a game is enough. 

Fucking hate goal music- it's the stupidest most childish thing of recent years. Detest it. 

My first game was in 1985 and Penny Arcade is not a tradition for me. It is an alright song but in my opinion does nothing for the atmosphere the way others songs did pre-match during the 9IAR times and after. 

Teams should be bricking it walking out the tunnel at Ibrox, walking into a cauldron and knowing they are likely to get turned over. Unfortunately stopping us singing certain songs or even Simply the Best (which was an anthem at Ibrox for about 20 years) is another attempt to try and keep us down in my opinion as it makes Ibrox less intimidating than it should be. We as a fanbase and a club need to try and get that intimidation back. It would help the team on the park too. Penny Arcade will never be never Hello Hello or Simply the Best no matter how hard it tries...

Just now, DrLaudrup said:

My first game was in 1985 and Penny Arcade is not a tradition for me. It is an alright song but in my opinion does nothing for the atmosphere the way others songs did pre-match during the 9IAR times and after. 

Teams should be bricking it walking out the tunnel at Ibrox, walking into a cauldron and knowing they are likely to get turned over. Unfortunately stopping us singing certain songs or even Simply the Best (which was an anthem at Inbox for about 20 years) is another attempt to try and keep us down in my opinion as it makes Ibrox less intimidating than it should be. We as a fanbase and a club need to try and get that intimidation back. It would help the team on the park too. Penny Arcade will never be never Hello Hello or Simply the Best no matter how hard it tries...

No I agree with most of that.  Penny Arcade is hardly intimidating and best for leaving the ground.

To be fair I think the whole atmosphere at Ibrox has been fairly poor for me for most of the season and if a change of music helps with that it can only be a positive thing. Staying motivated is as hard for the fans as the players just now ffs and a pumped up crowd can make all the difference to a game.

2 minutes ago, BluebearDory said:

No I agree with most of that.  Penny Arcade is hardly intimidating and best for leaving the ground.

To be fair I think the whole atmosphere at Ibrox has been fairly poor for me for most of the season and if a change of music helps with that it can only be a positive thing. Staying motivated is as hard for the fans as the players just now ffs and a pumped up crowd can make all the difference to a game.

Definitely. I've yet to see anything better than Hello Hello or No Surrender to visibly lift our players and fans while silencing away fans. 

6 minutes ago, pollok-bear said:

I was hoping this season the atmosphere would be pumping now we re back where we belong and after the treatment weve had from these cunts. It has been dreadful you really can hear the players shouting.

Performances play a big part as well.

Yes please ditch it it's happy clap shite same as blue sea of Ibrox 

away fans laugh hearing this shite as Ibrox is meant to be a fortress 

give the union bears a proper loyalist (but legal ) song book too instead of ole ole ole and ooo Barcelona shite