***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

1 hour ago, DennyBlueNose said:

Is disagree with the anti-catholic sentiment but the OP knew exactly what he was doing starting this thread. 

People are entitled to their opinions but if voicing that opinion is used by the haters to damage the club then keep them to yourself or share them with other like minded people. The stuff I've seen written here is exactly the kind of thing I've seen referenced when the haters are perpetuating the lie that Rangers and it's fans are a problem in society. 

I would never discriminate based on someone's religion even though I personally don't have any faith, I believe it all to be nonsense but if someone takes comfort from it or it helps tune their moral compass then I have no problem with it and neither would the vast majority of our fans. 

IS are pro catholic?  This I did not see coming. 

19 hours ago, Inigo said:

Sounds like a good shout to me, but would defer to fellow NI Bears on it. Don't know his background so would kinda depend on how they see it as to whether it could be a good idea or not. Catholic Northern Irish doesn't matter in itself.

So what say the Ulster Bears? (Siam69 seems to be pro so far)

I said I'd set myself on fire 

7 hours ago, Queen's_highway said:

I've not looked at comments cause three pages but fuck right off. I don't care if he walks about with a sash round his neck. .M o"Neil gers manager. Nawwwwww. PS, brand new members shouldn't start threads unless you thrive on abuse. N that's that lot. 

? yeahhh im finding that out, didnt realise there was a code of standards to posting... il just go back to reading

2 hours ago, BlueThunder said:

Yup. Highly suspect post if you ask me.

New accounts and low posters should have new threads reviewed by admin before being added. 

There's been a lot of this kinda shit recently and it really takes away from the site, I read this site every day and these threads attract a lot of attention and inevitably go the same way with OP being outed as obsessed. It puts people off posting and makes the place look hostile. 

As a low poster myself I don't have a problem with having to wait a few hours, if that, for my new threads to go up.

I really believe this drags the site down, does the admin have capacity to do this?

2 hours ago, spion kop said:

Did your mate pm you on facebook and tell to come on here, this a topic about MON happy to talk elsewhere on here about your clubs narrow mindedness, judicial reviews, lies and best of all telling people not to go to game at Windsor when the finical troubles started as they didn't want linfield to make any money out of it 

Your crack on there with your alliance voting mate in London and your clubs alliance with cliftonville 

The glue must be industrial strength in the Village these days.

3 hours ago, spion kop said:

Did your mate pm you on facebook and tell to come on here, this a topic about MON happy to talk elsewhere on here about your clubs narrow mindedness, judicial reviews, lies and best of all telling people not to go to game at Windsor when the finical troubles started as they didn't want linfield to make any money out of it 

Your crack on there with your alliance voting mate in London and your clubs alliance with cliftonville 

Quite possibly the biggest load of bollocks ever posted on a football forum, ever!  Unless you post again, of course, in which case you'll probably outdo yourself.

I wouldn't want O'Neill as manager BTW,  but for football reasons only..

1 hour ago, WMT said:

Quite possibly the biggest load of bollocks ever posted on a football forum, ever!  Unless you post again, of course, in which case you'll probably outdo yourself.

I wouldn't want O'Neill as manager BTW,  but for football reasons only..

Every bit of it true, ask Ian hoy about the boycott of the game when the finical troubles started

Just now, .Williamson. said:

You don't mean that my Spanish friend 

Not at all. I'm just trying to demonstrate some of your famous Scottish/Ulster 'banter' that I've grown to love since I came to these shores all those years ago.

12 hours ago, Siam69 said:

What?? :lol:

So on one hand you're saying you have no problem with tims at the club, but on the other because he grew up supporting Celtic in Northern Ireland, he's a rabid pape, and I'm the fuckwit :whistle:

So you have nothing at all to back up your statement he's a rabid Taig, except he grew up in Northern Ireland supporting Celtic, where being born Catholic or Protestant dictates what team you support. 

So was/is Neil McCann a Rabid Taig in your world, Jock Stein wasn't a Catholic and look what happened there. 

As I say, it'll not happen, but supporting Celtic does not necessarily make you a rabid Taig. You have no evidence he is/was a Neil Lennon type, because he isn't. I know plenty about him, you obviously don't!

I would not entrust the custodianship of this great institution and its future to someone of that background from Northern Ireland, no. I would not expect them to feel the proper level of hurt when we lose and be able to draw upon the required level of passion to dig us out of a tight spot. Look at Murty today, didn't look at all bothered in the dugout and looked like he was taking a youth team game. Could you imagine a Greig, a Bomber Brown, even a Barry Ferguson looking like that if we went 1-0 to fucking Morton? People from a background contra to everything we believe in and stand for should not be near the manager's job.