*** The Official Aberdeen vs Rangers Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

12 minutes ago, The Tavernator said:

Did you watch the last game we played there? We were the far better team.

Yes. MW team, played reasonably well, lost.

We've had a new manager since and are somewhere between transition and turmoil.

I'll consider how we played recently more relevant than a game months ago.

We've been shite in the last 2 games, and our starting 11 is there for the taking if it's the same as Wednesdays.

The sheep have improved a lot since then too as their form shows.

But aye, unlucky losers a couple of months ago...

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

No we didn't and we certainly never deserved to win either.

We definitely deserved to win, Waghorn missed sitters.. one from 5 yards he blazed over the bar, we lost a goal from a long ball..and they got a free kick that was dubious at best in which Maddison scored a worldy.

We are shit enough without slagging off good performances, we just had no steel.

22 minutes ago, The Tavernator said:

We deserved to win last time we were there. We played well, they were poor. Our poor strikers let us down again.

19 minutes ago, The Tavernator said:

Did you watch the last game we played there? We were the far better team.

That's one game. Over the course of the season I'd say they look a better team than us, from what I've seen.

On 06/04/2017 at 1:33 AM, Drunk and disorderly. said:

St johnstone must fancy their chances of third. 

Feel as if we are disorganised on the park. Our players are a mish mash of older guys, talents we dont employ and  guys who should never have worn the  Rangers jersey.

Pedro has a difficult  job in front of him. 

I'm genuinely intrigued to find out who you think the "talents" are that we don't employ.

P.S.... All I know is, it's fkn torture watching some of the "talents" that we do employ.

2 hours ago, Captain Hilts said:

Looks like Pedro is up for this one and knows what to expect. Let's hope the players are the same.

The only real way he's going to endear himself to us is if he starts picking up 3 points

13 hours ago, ronniescu said:

I'm genuinely intrigued to find out who you think the "talents" are that we don't employ.

P.S.... All I know is, it's fkn torture watching some of the "talents" that we do employ.

Hyndman and Toral.

31 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

The only real way he's going to endear himself to us is if he starts picking up 3 points

Absolutely.

Think some of the criticism he's had so far however has been ridiculous. 

Only chance of a win will be if hill is back in defence,  he leads the back line or at least tries to but going by this seasons erratic form were either due a win or a loss and I don't see us drawing 3 on the bounce.  Going for a hard fought 2-1 win with garner and hyndman the scorers.

Bad as most Refs are, one of the worst,  Kevin Clancy, combines extreme incompetence with tremendous levels of brazen ugliness, eyebrows with there own post code, in addition to giving us no 50-50s, no protection from Hatchet men he has a great desire to get the cards out for the Rangers lads.

At least 1 red for us tomorrow, probably Joe for exuberance  

One thing we have lacked and that is momentum. And it always takes for the other team to score for us to get the finger out.
Then we add into the mix, a list of injuries and players who don't have, or never had consistency to their game.

Sometimes, pieces of absolute magic are produced in our build up play but we don't have anyone who can score regularly or anyone who can bang it from mid-long range to threaten the keeper and add diversity to our game.

I really don't like digging the team like this, but I need to say it as I see it.

We could win this with a bit of luck and magic, so at our best I say 2-1. But that's a tough ask away to Aberdeen.

1 hour ago, loyalfollower said:

Only chance of a win will be if hill is back in defence,  he leads the back line or at least tries to but going by this seasons erratic form were either due a win or a loss and I don't see us drawing 3 on the bounce.  Going for a hard fought 2-1 win with garner and hyndman the scorers.

Pedro said that hill is out

2 hours ago, loyalfollower said:

It's the same defence as Midweek.

Archived