Barton suspension

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, jintybear said:

I sometimes wonder how well he would have done if there was a different manager in. 

I don't know if we will ever find out what really happened but from what I've read Barton seemed to criticise Warburton over training methods and Warburton didn't like that. If only the whole team had criticised him! Lol 

I think he was treated unfairly tbh and would like to have seen him play more. I think he would've done well.

He played 5 games for us without a pre season. Which is the clubs fault for allowing him to join late.

Look at the criticism Hill got after 5 games and now he's one of our best 3 players of the season.

38 minutes ago, Marky. said:

Like him or not, that is an outrageously big punishment from the FA.

If match-fixing is their concern, then you'd understand it to an extent, but wow, 18 months is a little excessive.

Yup. From an organisation that laps up the Ladbrokes dosh. It's the hypocrisy that burns.

http://www.thefa.com/news/2016/Jun/02/ladbrokes-strike-deal-with-the-fa-030616

Also, pretty sure Barton would have made most bets while playing in the SkyBet Championship, the Ladbrokes SPFL and the William Hill Scottish Cup.

'Dost thou have a gambling problem? Then we shalt poison thou, provoke thou, surround thou with extreme temptation and then finally reign down furious muthafuckin vengeance on your ass.'

- Ezekiel 18:72

Just now, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

I think he was treated unfairly tbh and would like to have seen him play more. I think he would've done well.

He played 5 games for us without a pre season. Which is the clubs fault for allowing him to join late.

Look at the criticism Hill got after 5 games and now he's one of our best 3 players of the season.

I take your point & he was right to call out Warburton, but just imagine this hitting the fan & him still being with us!!!!

He'd have had to single handedly guided us to the title for the fall-out to have been anywhere near worth it.

3 minutes ago, WadeWilson said:

Yup. From an organisation that laps up the Ladbrokes dosh. It's the hypocrisy that burns.

http://www.thefa.com/news/2016/Jun/02/ladbrokes-strike-deal-with-the-fa-030616

Also, pretty sure Barton would have made most bets while playing in the SkyBet Championship, the Ladbrokes SPFL and the William Hill Scottish Cup.

'Dost thou have a gambling problem? Then we shall poison thou, provoke thou, surround thou with extreme temptation and then reign down heavy muthafuckin justice on your ass.'

- Ezekiel 18:72

He's put 2 photos on Twitter.

1 showing bets where he places his team to win (Man City/Newcastle)

The other showing bets where he places his team to get beat (Man City/Newcastle)

He's not playing in any of the games where he bets his team to lose but he plays in 2 matches where he placed bets like first goalscorer and HT/FT.

1 minute ago, HG5 said:

I take your point & he was right to call out Warburton, but just imagine this hitting the fan & him still being with us!!!!

He'd have had to single handedly guided us to the title for the fall-out to have been anywhere near worth it.

Exactly maybe that's why his contract was terminated. We'll never know.

Its a shame he missed out on a chance to win the Ladbrokes Premiership the William Hill Scottish Cup and the BetFred League Cup!

All these decisions being made by the SFA in their offices at the William Hill Stand at Hampden

4 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

He's put 2 photos on Twitter.

1 showing bets where he places his team to win (Man City/Newcastle)

The other showing bets where he places his team to get beat (Man City/Newcastle)

He's not playing in any of the games where he bets his team to lose but he plays in 2 matches where he placed bets like first goalscorer and HT/FT.

'Fuck it... Crucify him!'

- Mark 15:13

2 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Exactly maybe that's why his contract was terminated. We'll never know.

Its a shame he missed out on a chance to win the Ladbrokes Premiership the William Hill Scottish Cup and the BetFred League Cup!

All these decisions being made by the SFA in their offices at the William Hill Stand at Hampden

?????

Had he been betting on games he wasn't involved in, it would be harsh punishment. 

But a professional footballer who is paid 10s of thousands a week, betting on matches he is actively involved in, is a sackable offence. 

You see investment bankers getting threatened with the jail for manipulating the stock market, and this is comparable. Fuck him