Dave King thanks supporters for season ticket uptake

Smile

230317_chairman_dave_king_08.jpg

RANGERS Chairman Dave King has thanked supporters for their continued commitment to the Club as season ticket renewals soared to a record high.

By the time the backlog has been cleared it is expected the renewals figure will have crashed through the 35,000 mark.

The current figure is 34,700 and is already a new high, meaning there is now the realistic prospect of exceeding the record sales of more than 43,000 achieved this season. This is despite it having been a tough season following four seasons in the lower leagues.

The Chairman said: “I can only marvel at the steadfast loyalty of our supporters. They are appreciated all over the world for the way they have stood by the Club in the past five years. On behalf of the Board and staff, I thank every one of them.

“The team didn’t perform to expectation this season but it is important to remember that some targets have been met. In particular, getting back into European competition was one of our non-negotiables for this season.

“We are now back on that stage and looking forward immensely to the Europa League qualifiers and our ongoing involvement in Europe in the years to come.

“Pedro Caixinha and his backroom team have been assessing the squad since having arrived at Rangers and will make the necessary changes in the summer so that we are as well prepared as possible for the qualifiers and the new season.

“All of our season ticket money will be invested in the football squad as we continue to work towards taking our club back to the very top of Scottish Football.

‘’The fact that we have already reached almost 35,000 renewals – against what has been a backdrop of transition and managerial change – demonstrates the terrific fan base that we have.

“Thank you again for your loyalty and support.”

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Smile said:

The current figure is 34,700 and is already a new high, meaning there is now the realistic prospect of exceeding the record sales of more than 43,000 achieved this season.

There is absolutely no way I can possibly see this happening after our abortion of a season.

EDIT: Having said that, if the renewals are almost at 35K, that's much more than I was expecting at this stage so what do I know?

I don't feel like a mug at all. King may not be the greatest chairman to have ever lived, but some of those that once were turned out to have feet of clay. David Murray and many many more. Anyway, season tickets are an affordable way for fans to go and watch their team, there's no rip-off in it.

4 minutes ago, Bydo said:

There is absolutely no way I can possibly see this happening after our abortion of a season.

EDIT: Having said that, if the renewals are almost at 35K, that's much more than I was expecting at this stage so what do I know?

It probably means that most season tickets aren't as staunch and critical as those on RM lol.

Hopefully, he's being honest here and he does invest all the season ticket money and another hope is Pedro invests it wisely. We really need to get in a position to spoil the scums party. 

Fuck king, get investment in and put your hand in your pocket or get to fuck. I didn't renew because of him or his cronies, I renewed because of The Rangers ! Now either shite or get off the chanty and take the fucking hangers on with you !

image.gif.49f9255c06dcd68d297746419a4e4550.gif

10 minutes ago, Bydo said:

Even less than me ya cunt and that take some doing :lol:

6 minutes ago, writingranger said:

I don't feel like a mug at all. King may not be the greatest chairman to have ever lived, but some of those that once were turned out to have feet of clay. David Murray and many many more. Anyway, season tickets are an affordable way for fans to go and watch their team, there's no rip-off in it.

David  Murray , feet of clay:mutley:. Seriously  though the chairmen  have all been ball bags.

Said it on the other thread, but just for clarity....

The money for season tickets will be invested in the playing squad.

35k tickets is about £10m.

Our wage bill is about £10m.

The ticket money will be invested in the playing squad by paying these wages.

Don't expect to see £10-15m worth of signings, however much we need them.

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Said it on the other thread, but just for clarity....

The money for season tickets will be invested in the playing squad.

35k tickets is about £10m.

Our wage bill is about £10m.

The ticket money will be invested in the playing squad by paying these wages.

Don't expect to see £10-15m worth of signings, however much we need them.

That's what it looks like; and it isn't acceptable, if so.

Seriously everyone, don't turn this into another king fuckfest. There's plenty of room for that on future threads 

this thread should be self congratulating. How the fuck we have sold that many ST at this stage with the season we are just finishing us utterly amazing. 

There is no other club on this planet with our support. To each and every bear and bearette who has or will renew I applaud you (and myself) ?

WATP 

13 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

So once again the funds for any signings comes purely from ST sales and not any form of investment from anyone other than the fans

jim-carey-the-liar.gif

5 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

So he won't be investing any of that money he promised, it all comes down to the fans again. I'm shocked

That's not what he says, as youse know fine well. 

It wouldn't surprise me though if that's how it turns out.