Scottish press genuflects for Lisbon Lions

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While it does get grating hearing them talk about it all the time, I think they're quite within their rights to celebrate the 50th anniversary of it. Anyone that thinks we wouldn't do the same is deluded. 

And another thing - "first british club?????" That vile organisation are as far from being british as they can be.

They won't fly a union flag on match days, they completely direspect both our military and our monarchy and they've fully supported terrorist groups that have waged war on Britain for decades. Christ, trying finding a poppy in early November near the Stade de Gadd, and good luck with that one! 

Yet, they proudly claim to be the first when it suits them? No chance!! 

2 hours ago, Blueshoff said:

On train in Essex this morning - local edition of the Metro had a full page ad of a souvenir watch 

Just about to post the same thing, couldn't believe it on the tube this morning, cunts have been sticking it up all over the place to take the piss!!

8 hours ago, Mr Soprano said:

Get a grip you vile bastards.

'67 was an unreal year football wise for the best wee country in the world.

I apologise on behalf of the bigots behaviour.  

Anyway must dash, got to get ma skinny jeans on and get down to JD, my new huarraches are in

7 hours ago, Blueshoff said:

On train in Essex this morning - local edition of the Metro had a full page ad of a souvenir watch 

Was working in London and I noticed that too. It was the most horrifically, lurid looking watch I've ever seen. Green face and fake gold strap. Steins name at 12 o clock. £195........

No point in acting as if it never happened, but they haven't won any european trophies in the intervening 50 years. Scottish football has been on a decline ever since the tanner ball players of the 60s disappeared.

44 minutes ago, Shuggy said:

Looking forward to the BBC's 50th anniversary program on our CWC in 2022.

Yup, 5 minutes of our route to the final, 5 minutes on our being 3 up then winning followed by 50 minutes of interviewing people about pitch battles, blah, blah, blah

11 hours ago, dummiesoot said:

Yup, 5 minutes of our route to the final, 5 minutes on our being 3 up then winning followed by 50 minutes of interviewing people about pitch battles, blah, blah, blah

I recall there was also a pitch invasion in Lisbon.

Tommy Gemmell goal was offside....fact.

Offside rule at the time was "any player beyond the last two defenders when the ball is played forward shall be deemed to be offside and will result in a free kick to the defending team".  There was none of this active/inactive/interfering shit, if that was your position, you were offside.

When Gemmell shot, there was two of them on the 6 yard line, in clear offside positions.

Can you imagine the fall-out if the flag went up? :mutley: