Credit to the Board and the Manager

Smile

Both seem to be doing what we require this season to compete and maybe even win(here's hoping).

The Flurry of Transfers is almost too much to handle and hopefully get us back to winning things this season.

I'm not a big Board Fan but still can Admit they seem to be stunning us all this season with their positive actions.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

King definitely deserves credit. I, like many others, suspected he wouldn't put his hand in his pocket this window. Fair play to him. 

Need to wait and see if the new signings are good enough before we go overboard though. If we're miles behind the tims again at Christmas, alot of money will have been wasted. 

Looking at the calibre of players we're signing, however, I'm fairly confident we can at least compete. 

Think DK deserves credit, whether the money has come from him or if he's attracted investors, he's certainly done something correct. Hopefully all the transfers are a success - and even players like Cardoso make us a few quid. 

Ultimately, he and the manager won't have been a success until we win the league imo, however this is a fantastic start. 

Play up the Glasgow Rangers.

Far too early for me, we might only spend £3 million then the bheasts come out and pump £20 million into their squad. Even if we spent £10 million, Pedro's tactics might be shite.

competing means going against others - in this market, so far, there's nothing to compare out current actions against as no one else has spent and we haven't seen our squads gelling.

As for the board - the only money being spent is the ST money, that's not going to cut it.

6 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Far too ealry for me, we might only spend £3 million then the bheasts come out and pump £20 million into their squad. Even if we spent £10 million, Pedro's tactics might be shite.

competing means going against others - in this market so far there's nothing to compare out current actions against as no one else has spent and we haven't seen our squads gelling.

As for the board - the only money being spent is the ST money, that's not going to cut it.

Have to say I agree mate. We were all similarly excited at the beginning of last season. 

Proof will be in results and how we perform, I'll reserve judgement until then - although things do look promising.

If the Mexicans and Dorrans sign that will be £7-8m already spent with still more like Candeias and Abella linked too and maybe others. Looks likely we could crack £10m spent and that is beyond anyone's wildest expectations of what was going to happen. Should shut a few people up and if we get the retail deal sorted then I really don't see what there is to complain about. 

4 minutes ago, Broxi said:

If the Mexicans and Dorrans sign that will be £7-8m already spent with still more like Candeias and Abella linked too and maybe others. Looks likely we could crack £10m spent and that is beyond anyone's wildest expectations of what was going to happen. Should shut a few people up and if we get the retail deal sorted then I really don't see what there is to complain about. 

I guess the point is around whether or not the money has been well spent or not. Excited by the potential of these players but we can't just assume because we've spent money that players will be a success. 

I think the 5-1 humping at Ibrox was a turning point.

I also think beating the scum in the semi last year, although was brilliant, kinda had a negative impact in a few ways.

Too early for me, cautiously optimistic, and although I get called a founder member of the RM Kingaling Loyal, I've called the Board out plenty, and will wait to see how things pan out.

But all in all, in the big picture, the Board is backing the Manager. I say the Board, as we don't know how much King is involved in the 'the backing', though there were positive sounds coming from those who were at NARSA.

I'd be delighted, absolutely delighted if we also have came to an agreement/compromise whatever in regards to retail. Sick seeing adverts for SOS, Lionbrand, whatever. I want to buy Rangers official. And yes I know I still can do that now, and I wouldn't be judging any Bear for buying or not, as they are doing what they think is best for the Club, but  you's know what I mean, I want the Board to promote it, then I know, it's a fairer deal.

As said, cautiously optimistic, dare I say excited. In reality, the taigs are way ahead of us in spending power at the moment, plus in Desmond they can up the ante any time they want.  I can accept getting beat, but what I can't accept is not being able to compete, getting embarrassed, no fight, no passion, basically dreading a game coming up, as I have been doing this past season. We'll always get beat by them, they'll always get beat by us, back and forth, that's the way it was, that's the way I want it to be again.