Hearts match can't come soon enough

delamonty

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Swear we've been going through the same cycle for at least two years now:

real test coming up, this game will show us where we are -> pumped -> this game will show us a lot about the teams character, can we bounce back? -> string some wins together, we've turned a corner -> big game and another real test coming up -> pumped. 

Repeat. 

Honestly, i'm fully committing to becoming a footballing, emotional centrist. I'll never get my hopes up again until we lift the trophy for the 55th time. Even then i'll probably need someone to pinch me.

1 hour ago, delamonty said:

Seriously....  get back to winning and forget about last weekend!  We'll learn a lot about the team and manager this weekend I suspect.  A professional, well earned win will do us a great deal of good... Anything less I will not consider....

But.. given what has gone on... IF we do not show up for this, I do fear for this season.  A must win!

MON THE GERS!

WATP and GSTQ :tu:

If there's one thing you can take from that game is that it has gave our new boys a taste for blood, basically meaning a hunger not just to prove doubters wrong (not that that wasn't already the case) but sparked anger to take that into next weekends game and I can see Rangers all guns blazing, hopefully this is the case.

Can only hope that last weekend was true wake up call for these players . The reliastaion for many of them just how hated we are will have sunk in . Every game is a battle . If they can take this on board and improve it will stand us in good stead going forward and hopefully more prepared for the visit of the likes of brown and the thumb who will resort to the same tactics as stokes and co. Of course it can go in the opposite direction but I live in hope . 

3 hours ago, jimgers said:

I think Hearts will face a backlash from last Saturday's game, being cheated from Mr Cheaton has left a bad taste, the team will take 4 or more off them.

I'd like to think you're right.

It just seems to me that the modern player doesn't seem to have that mindset anymore.

21 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

We can't even afford to draw this; in that sense it will be interesting to see what that does to how we go about the match. This will be a test of character and will tell us a lot about this squad.

I think we'll be in for a real rollercoaster - probably win this & get people back onside for a while, then something daft will happen again.

Not helped by new signings being short on fitness, now a 3 match ban (possibly 4, if there's an unsuccessful appeal) for Jack, a who seems to have won broad approval on here.

Nico & Rossiter, both coming back from long term injury, not deemed suitable to bring on to fill the gap left by Jack.

I could go on.

We're a long way from settled.

All I can say is 'expect the unexpected'!

My biggest concern is that we need to be careful. Hearts will know our players are likely on edge followings Hibs' sticking the boot in and it wouldn't surprise me if they deliberately set out to get one of our players sent off. It is a dirty tactic but the logical one as it will almost certainly work. I fear we are screwed either way.

Try to win by concentrating on football, but take a kicking in the process, or fight fire with fire and bite back but run the risk of going down to 10 men and struggling to win the game.

If we go for football over fight some on here will brand our squad as spineless with no fight as opposed to being intelligent and focusing on trying to win the game in the manner it should be.

Don't get me wrong I'd love to see Alves dropkick Stokes to the face after last weekend but reality is it will just do more damage to us.

I wonder if Pedro knew, exactly, what he was signing up for when he accepted the job?

It can be the greatest job in the world, when we're winning, but, after a defeat? The next match can't come quick enough to get the taste of defeat out of your mouth. 

We need to slap Hearts down, they're getting too big for their boots. We can't have these cunts coming into our house thinking they can walk away with the points. It looks like every game is going to be a battle for us this season, I just hope our players have got what it takes to handle it. We need a settled team. We've had, nearly, a new team each season lately, we can't afford to carry on like that. We've also been through a few managers as well. We need a decent run of results to settle ourselves, and we need to start this Saturday against Hearts. So come on Rangers! Show us what you've got! Show the world what you're made of! Slap these provincial clubs back down, and put them back in their place. This is Rangers! We Are The People!!!!

8 hours ago, cr3_bear said:

Can only hope that last weekend was true wake up call for these players . The reliastaion for many of them just how hated we are will have sunk in . Every game is a battle . If they can take this on board and improve it will stand us in good stead going forward and hopefully more prepared for the visit of the likes of brown and the thumb who will resort to the same tactics as stokes and co. Of course it can go in the opposite direction but I live in hope . 

i thought Alves was brought in to deal with games like Saturday , he was nowhere to be seen , was really disappointed in him on Saturday , maybe spl to physical for him to 

10 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Leveins Hearts are animals..

team full of guys over 6 ft and kick anything above grass height.

I think we'll have learned from Hibs game to be more streetwise. If there is a positive it is that our players did man up together. We won't be a soft touch this season. 

9 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So we want our players right up for it and to be men, but if tackle after tackle comes flying in and the Ref as usual is doing fuck all about it we have to be wee wanks and not doing anything about it. 

We should start doing what every foreign team does and over exaggerate every foul then hound the ref whilst our player rolls about in "agony" for 2 min 

7 minutes ago, soulboy said:

We should start doing what every foreign team does and over exaggerate every foul then hound the ref whilst our player rolls about in "agony" for 2 min 

Would rather they just go right through one of the cheating cunts and get sent off.