It's disappointing, but an improvement

RFCRobertson

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with OP.Ā Ā Sure we are hurting, that's only natural, but he's right in so much of his post.

Most of that team have never had an old firm gameĀ and it showed at times and hopefully they will learn.

All posts are opinions after all, some of which you will agree with, others you won't.

2 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

Saying there is an improvement isn't saying that we're good enough yet or that we're happy to accept being beaten, it's simply acknowledging that we looked as if we're moving in the right direction against them today. I thought it was pretty obvious that there has been improvement. I don't understand why others can't see it.

Where was the improvement though? I mean we drew against them last season so not much of an improvement there.Ā 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

But this is his team.Ā 

It's the team he wanted.

He's said loads on record he got all his first picks.

He's said loads he was happy with his transfer business and is in a good place.

He said any shortfalls or injuries he would supplement with youth.

His team. His responsibility.

That's what everyone wanted to judge him on. His team. These are all his decisions.

But instead of holding him to his word, the excuses are out in force.Ā 

Id say its mostly his team. Its definitely his responsibility. But I dont think sacking him is the answer, sorry.

Ā 

I've backed Pedro the whole way but since Murty got a 1-1 at their place we've basically sat back and watched them pump us. We don't get in their faces, we don't attack them, we seem shit scared to try and play against them. I don't want to watch us lose with a whimper every time we play the cunts. Pedro spoke a lot about signing 'men' in the summer, well I'm not seeing it, we're still being bullied. And let's not kid ourselves, they had another two gears if we managed to get back in the game.Ā 

Toothless! Totally unacceptable for any Rangers team!

Sorry i didnt see any improvement at all if they had made more of the chances they had it was another going over . we had poor performances from about half the team today , Gifting possesion on numerous occassions , getting caught offside on numerous occassions a goalkeeper who kicked the ball straight out the park onĀ numerous occassions. Not good enough!

Ā 

Just now, K.A.I said:

But this is his team.Ā 

It's the team he wanted.

That's what everyone wanted to judge him on. His team. These are all his decisions.

The deluded are now clutching at any straw they can find. It's embarrassing. How anyone can continue to back this dud is beyond me.

He arguably should've been gone after the 5-1 demolition last season. He DEFINITELY should've been gone after Progres Niederkorn.Ā 

Pedro picks the team, tactics, signings, organises the training yet the product on the park is utter dog shite. The board are to blame for appointing him but as a so called professional football manager he's a consistent failure.Ā Qatar is his level, a foreign Warburton.Ā 

11 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

WOW :lol:Ā this place

I wasn't happy at half-time.

We were in the game but we never looked like we had done enough to win it.

In fact this actually sums up some folk on here in a nutshell and is in line with their acceptance of Pedro ... the fact some are trying to make out if you weren't happy at half-time there's something wrong with you ... I suppose we have to be grateful for having Pedro too and just holding celtic to 0-0 at Ibrox at half-time ... wonderful.Ā 

One thing I will agree with you on is the full-backs. It's been the weak spot for almost 2 seasons now and no effort made to fix it. Unforgivable.Ā 

From cunts saying they werent going to turn up for fear of getting pumped, to match them at half time is no bad in my book. Am I happy? far from it. Anycunt thinking a sugar daddy that will take us where we want to be and wave a magic wandĀ just like that is delusional. life doesn'tĀ work like that.Ā 

In that case, then, getting beat 4-1 would have been OK because it's an improvement on 5-1 from the last time.

It depends on how you measure progress. That today was not progress. It was another reminder we are in the wrong hands from management, to players to the pricks in the directors box.

The score line isn't the only way to measure improvement. I felt that there we were genuinely dangerous against them in spells today, I didn't feel that at all last year.Ā 

Ā 

Again, I'm not saying we're not still a bit shite compared to them;Ā we are. We're just less shite, in my opinion.

Just now, Jam_piece said:

From cunts saying they werent going to turn up for fear of getting pumped, to match them at half time is no bad in my book. Am I happy? far from it. Anycunt thinking a sugar daddy that will take us where we want to be and wave a magic wandĀ just like that is delusional. life doesn'tĀ work like that.Ā 

I never seen that to be fair, but a game lasts 90-minutes and we were pumped - I appreciate your point is regarding half-time, tho.

But this is his team.Ā 

It's the team he wanted.

A team isn't built in one window. It takes a number of windows, with incremental improvements.Ā 

Were we great today? No. Is Pedro the man for 55? Don't think so.Ā We're we an improvement on last time we faced them? Yes, IMO.

An incremental improvement.Ā Had a number of decent chances, and an absolute stonewall penalty that again didn't go ourĀ way.Ā 

Bottom line is we're miles behind them financially, and as a result don't have players as good as them. Ripping up and starting again every 6 to 12 months isn't the answer. We need to build long term.Ā 

15 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Anyone wanting a new manager at this stage is a mongo, it'll set us back even further.Ā 

I'd love a new manager at this point. One who can manage his team better, attract better players, spot bargains, adopt better tactics, etc, etc.

However, our board have neither the money, nor ability to get this manager. Therefore, we're stuck with Pedro and we just need to hope he gets better, and the team gets better.Ā 

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

Id say its mostly his team. Its definitely his responsibility. But I dont think sacking him is the answer, sorry.

Ā 

Do you genuinely think he'll come good long term then? We need to delay the inevitable and punt him now. What good do you think will come from sticking with him?

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

No need to apologise you are entitled to your view even if I don't understand it.Ā 

If we sack him, then we are in danger of turning into that which I most feared when we went down 7 years ago - leedsĀ Utd. 16 managers in 9 years all desperately trying to fuck about with no money, impatient fans and a boardroom that have no backbone.

Just now, cushynumber said:

If we sack him, then we are in danger of turning into that which I most feared when we went down 7 years ago - leedsĀ Utd. 16 managers in 9 years all desperately trying to fuck about with no money, impatient fans and a boardroom that have no backbone.

Spot on with that, but it won't stop the Pedro haters.

Just now, graeme_4 said:

A team isn't built in one window. It takes a number of windows, with incremental improvements.

Were we great today? No. Is Pedro the man for 55? Don't think so.Ā We're we an improvement on last time we faced them? Yes, IMO.

An incremental improvement.Ā Had a number of decent chances, and an absolute stonewall penalty that again didn't go ourĀ way.Ā 

Bottom line is we're miles behind them financially, and as a result don't have players as good as them. Ripping up and starting again every 6 to 12 months isn't the answer. We need to build long term.Ā 

It's specifically in relation to people who said we need to see where we are come the celtic game/Halloween with his signings. Well here we are and now the goalposts are moving dramatically.Ā 

Yes we need to build long term, but with the right person. I've asked this until I'm blue in the face and no-one really gives me a suitable response which is why keep the wrong person in charge for the sake of some phantom timeframe when something can be salvaged? unless you actually think he's the right man (which you admit yourself in that post you don't)

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

So the alternative is keep the wrong person in charge anyway? he is the worst case scenario.Ā 

4 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

A team isn't built in one window. It takes a number of windows, with incremental improvements.Ā 

Murty got his tactics spot on against the cunts though and got us a resultĀ (not saying Murty should be manager but it shows that it can be done with a bit of organisation andĀ cutting out the bullshit).Ā We've declined against them since this dud took over. Pedro has had 3 games against them since that draw and quite simply his overall inability as a football manager has seen us get dominated on three occasions.