It's disappointing, but an improvement

RFCRobertson

Just now, K.A.I said:

But hey, he's doing a good job - it's a matter of finance etc

Honestly mate I can't see how people can say finance.

Whether its season ticket.money or transfer money bla bla he's been backed big time. Its not good enough

Is it good enough? No.

Does he go? I really don't know 

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Playing one up front.
Pena in a big gaping hole in the middle of the park which he was isolated.
Jack and Dorrans way too deep in front of two center halfs helping create big gaps of space in midfield that the tarriers can play havoc running about in and when we get the ball have no support in

I'm no in-depth tactical analysist but that's 3 obvious ones for starters. 

Pena was playing? 

Not doubting there was personel issues but while miller would've played that role better  no one would've preferred miller over Pena pre match  

hind sight people could've been changed but as for fight and determination... don't think we could've done much more 

1 minute ago, orangecountry said:

Pena was playing? 

Not doubting there was personel issues but while miller would've played that role better  no one would've preferred miller over Pena pre match  

hind sight people could've been changed but as for fight and determination... don't think we could've done much more 

That's my point, Pedro deployed him in a massive hole in the middle of the park on his own as if to center our play around him which was unfair and unprofessional. 

There's no hindsight about it for me, looking at the way we lined up maybe 5 minutes into the game when the formation was in motion told me everything I needed to know. 

8 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

The op is the type of fan that would be happy coming second every year and the odd cup final. This is what's happened to the club over the last 6 years. 

These people reared their ugly wee heeds when McCoist was the manager and decided that someone they liked in the dugout holding the club together was more important than results or success and it's just an extension of that. All the reasons for it is laid out throughout various posts in the threads in defence of Pedro. 

and some of them will retort back about being unrealistic or something or even spoiled from 9 in a row days, that's always a good one to throw out there to try and justify their pathetic wee cowardly views. 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

These people reared their ugly wee heeds when McCoist was the manager and decided that someone they liked in the dugout holding the club together was more important than results or success and it's just an extension of that. All the reasons for it is laid out throughout various posts in the threads in defence of Pedro. 

and some of them will retort back about being unrealistic or something or even spoiled from 9 in a row days, that's always a good one to throw out there to try and justify their pathetic wee cowardly views. 

There are genuinely no standards in this support. If it finished 1-0 today, there would be all sorts of ‘unlucky’ threads and ‘were getting there’. It’s pathetic, we are slowly slipping into obscurity because of these people in our support.

There's definite improvement and a definite gap. That's particularly so in the wide areas and particularly the left side. What we don't have yet is a side that has been playing together and winning matches over a sustained period. We have a lot of new players who are still gelling and getting used to being here. By the time it's new year, Morelos will have found a way to stay onside and managed to elbow Broonie in the throat whilst winning a penalty for it. celtic were the better side today but a whole lot of the difference comes down to familiarity and confidence. One or two dodgy refereeing decisions aside. So, improvement and still a work in progress. Caixhina has made some howlers but there is something going on and he may well surprise a few people this season with results and performances. The gap in points may already be too big for us to win the league but there are other things to play for and the league is not finished for a very long time yet.

58 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Can someone please answer me this (before I go out of my mind)

You've got a manager that's flopping just now (hence you saying if he were to walk you'd be content)

So the logic I'm reading is, don't replace a manager who's flopping incase the next one flops anyway?

That's absolutely insane. It really is.

Unless of course you don't think he's flopping and doing a grand job. That's the only thing that explains that stance - but if so, why would you be happy to see him walk if he quit? 

If he were to walk of his own accord then fine (won't happen though)  Would I be happy about it ? It would tell me that he wasn't up to the job in his own mind so we'd be back to square one again and that would fuck me off. The fact is he's at the start of his rebuilding process and there is still a huge amount more to do. Anyone that thought we'd be getting close to the bheast at this stage are deluded. The squad is way too thin to cope with injuries as it is and still littered with players that are simply not up to it. That being said we should be doing much better than we are so of course I still have reservations about him. Changing managers all the time is not a guaranteed recipe for success nor the most sensible of options.  For me, I'm prepared to give him the rest of the season and see where we are.

2 minutes ago, sonofbear said:

If he were to walk of his own accord then fine (won't happen though)  Would I be happy about it ? It would tell me that he wasn't up to the job in his own mind so we'd be back to square one again and that would fuck me off. The fact is he's at the start of his rebuilding process and there is still a huge amount more to do. Anyone that thought we'd be getting close to the bheast at this stage are deluded. The squad is way too thin to cope with injuries as it is and still littered with players that are simply not up to it. That being said we should be doing much better than we are so of course I still have reservations about him. Changing managers all the time is not a guaranteed recipe for success nor the most sensible of options.  For me, I'm prepared to give him the rest of the season and see where we are.

I don't expect to win the title either but you need to admit yourself that it's alarming that it's the 23rd of Sept and we are 8 points behind and out of Europe to the team from Luxubourg ... celtic today has just brought this to a head again because this was his chance to redeem it all, but he couldn't therefore the debate about his future resurfaces. And rightly so.

We deserve so much better than this guy, even if the next guy isn't the right appointment get someone else in and repeat until you get the right person. As ghastly as it sounds, it's what needs to be done. Some folk say that's what the tarriers did in the early to mid 90's BINGO and then they found one in Burns who won them the Scottish Cup and started running us close in the league then when the time was right they invested the cash to take their aim.

Haven’t read the whole thread but I saw absolutely fuck all improvement today and haven’t seen any in weeks. Still slack at the back including suspect full backs, overrun in midfield or backing off far too much and fuck all creativity where it matters.

The only difference from last year is that the pish on display cost several millions more than the pish last year. I see nothing to suggest Pedro will get it right - he’s had plenty time and has showed fuck all. Not all his fault though - most of that lies with the board, who either don’t know what they’re doing making these appointments, or are simply happy to accept mediocrity which appears to be filtering down.

tl;dr - fucking shite, again, and time for more drink

3 hours ago, RFCRobertson said:

So i'm absolutely gutted as many if not all of us are. Yet another defeat from our rivals. It's horrible, all week knowing this match is coming, batting down a grim reality with hope that maybe we could pull something from it and it just falls flat in your face. 

However, I was right to be hopeful and it's the most hopeful i've been about an old firm for a while. Simply because I can see that we're heading in the right direction. Our rebuild isn't over, we're still working towards being the giant that we once were. But steadily progress is being made. and honestly I have tip the hat to the manager who shows passion and want to make the club be successful. His game plan was good, first half didn't concede and handled celtic well. Denied a stonewall penalty that even Chris Commons, Andy Walker and others have even said is a stonewaller. But inconsistent and bad refereeing aside, we still did have a foothold in the game. I didn't feel at any point, "this is going to be another 5-1". It was going to be close and a relatively equal match up. 

However, we do still lack a cutting edge. A final killer pass and squad depth. We are nearing that point and with another transfer window or two, I do firmly believe we can win the league. Call me whatever you want and say Pedro should be long gone by that point, but we need to just knuckle down and accept there is a skill/financial gap between us and celtic. It's not a crime to admit that and we need to accept we're not going to be league winners overnight, it's something that needs to be worked on. We're getting better quality players that can do the job for us. Pedros tactics for what their worth do work and are sound in concept. Getting rid of Pedro and his team now would be fucking insane, all that work he's putting into the club, the tactics, the players so on: would be all for nout. We'd need to rebuild from absolute scratch again with a manager who would want his own team, his own squad, his own way of doing things and this cycle would keep on repeating nigh endless. 

Pedro has be given time to make further improvements. Things are looking more solid than they ever were and we need to build on that. Silverware can still be won, hell the league can still be won. A good winning strings needs to happen and bad results for celtic, but nothing is impossible. We have to remain hopeful and follow Rangers, given them the support they need and deserve. And in time we will be rewarded with success. 

So much sense in a post but even without reading the thread I know you'll get shouted down 

1 hour ago, orangecountry said:

Pena was playing? 

Miller was anonymous and has been for the last 5 games he has played that was why he didn't start. 

3 hours ago, RFCRobertson said:

So i'm absolutely gutted as many if not all of us are. Yet another defeat from our rivals. It's horrible, all week knowing this match is coming, batting down a grim reality with hope that maybe we could pull something from it and it just falls flat in your face. 

However, I was right to be hopeful and it's the most hopeful i've been about an old firm for a while. Simply because I can see that we're heading in the right direction. Our rebuild isn't over, we're still working towards being the giant that we once were. But steadily progress is being made. and honestly I have tip the hat to the manager who shows passion and want to make the club be successful. His game plan was good, first half didn't concede and handled celtic well. Denied a stonewall penalty that even Chris Commons, Andy Walker and others have even said is a stonewaller. But inconsistent and bad refereeing aside, we still did have a foothold in the game. I didn't feel at any point, "this is going to be another 5-1". It was going to be close and a relatively equal match up. 

However, we do still lack a cutting edge. A final killer pass and squad depth. We are nearing that point and with another transfer window or two, I do firmly believe we can win the league. Call me whatever you want and say Pedro should be long gone by that point, but we need to just knuckle down and accept there is a skill/financial gap between us and celtic. It's not a crime to admit that and we need to accept we're not going to be league winners overnight, it's something that needs to be worked on. We're getting better quality players that can do the job for us. Pedros tactics for what their worth do work and are sound in concept. Getting rid of Pedro and his team now would be fucking insane, all that work he's putting into the club, the tactics, the players so on: would be all for nout. We'd need to rebuild from absolute scratch again with a manager who would want his own team, his own squad, his own way of doing things and this cycle would keep on repeating nigh endless. 

Pedro has be given time to make further improvements. Things are looking more solid than they ever were and we need to build on that. Silverware can still be won, hell the league can still be won. A good winning strings needs to happen and bad results for celtic, but nothing is impossible. We have to remain hopeful and follow Rangers, given them the support they need and deserve. And in time we will be rewarded with success. 

Ten points dropped after seven games, worst record than last year eight behind the filth now and eleven points from twenty-one, with the added bonus of four points out of twelve at home. lying fifth in the table could be six after Motherwell play Aberdeen if they win.

improvement you say.? Talking Pish I'd say.

Just now, Smile said:

Ten points dropped after seven games, worst record than last year eight behind the filth now and eleven points from twenty-one, with the added bonus of four points out of twelve at home. lying fifth in the table could be six after Motherwell play Aberdeen if they win.

improvement you say.? Talking Pish I'd say.

We've got a couple tricky away games coming up. We could potentially see ourselves into the bottom six without a maximum of 6 points. If the board don't let Pedro go if that happens then I can see protests at the gates. 

He should have been released today and immediate arrangements to speak with McInnes who has a team sitting 5 points off the scum with a game in hand and less than half of our budget.

I thought the players done all they could , showed a bit of fight and heart , were right in the game the first half just the lack of quality let us down and i thought before kick off it was going to be a whole lot worse than it was but me praising us for fight and only getting beat 2v0 is quite sad and a sign of the times as a bear , we deserve so much more 

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

I don't expect to win the title either but you need to admit yourself that it's alarming that it's the 23rd of Sept and we are 8 points behind and out of Europe to the team from Luxubourg ... celtic today has just brought this to a head again because this was his chance to redeem it all, but he couldn't therefore the debate about his future resurfaces. And rightly so.

We deserve so much better than this guy, even if the next guy isn't the right appointment get someone else in and repeat until you get the right person. As ghastly as it sounds, it's what needs to be done. Some folk say that's what the tarriers did in the early to mid 90's BINGO and then they found one in Burns who won them the Scottish Cup and started running us close in the league then when the time was right they invested the cash to take their aim.

There was absolutely no chance of him redeeming it today given the circumstances but aye I thought we'd be in a much better position than we are. We've had a few shite decisions against us by the refs, sloppy as fuck defending from the usual suspects and a terrible run of injuries TBF. I'm more concerned about our fitness levels as well if he wants us to play a pressing game and we still can't cope with a physical side and that's most of Scottish football. We're in sore need of going on a winning run for sure.

The tarriers did go through a quick turnover of managers at one point but the difference is they had McCann financing them. You want to change managers on a regular basis then it has to be financed.

Takes time and money to rebuild and I understand why a lot of fans want him gone but the he crux of the matter is there in your last sentence. If we had someone willing to splash the cash then he'd have been gone (or probably never appointed in the first place) but we don't and Dave King and him are what we've got for now.

Today where Pena was playing the first half we had a really good shape he could get to 3 places on the pitch , he could get to brown get to morales to help him  and get to they’r cm to help dorrans and jack he filled a good space but he ended up fucked after 30 mins  , kenny who’s a Center forward all day long came on didn’t fill the space to get to they 3 areas ran about like a headless chicken and the shape went all to fuck hence game over