Bruno concerned by excessive physicality here.

Marky.

Alves concerned about 'unacceptable' behaviour on the pitch

Laura Brannan24 mins ago

The Rangers defender says something needs to change because they want to play football.

Rangers defender Bruno Alves has hit out at some of the "unacceptable" behaviour he has witnessed on the pitch in Scotland, saying something needs to change.

The 35-year-old's side lost 2-0 to Motherwell in the League Cup semi final amid many heated battles across the pitch.

Fabio Cardoso suffered a broken nose when he was elbowed by Ryan Bowman and Alves himself escaped punishment when he kicked out at goal-hero Louis Moult.

Managers Pedro Caixinha and Steve Robinson were also sent to the stand as tempers frayed on the touchline.

It left Alves angry that referee Steven McLean allowed Motherwell to play such a physical game and speaking after the defeat he admitted it's an area of the Scottish game that concerns him.

"I'm very disappointed for what happened on the pitch," he said at full time.

"We are always trying to play football, I do not like to speak about the referees but they can't allow this kind of behaviour. It happens too many times and I'm really concerned about this.

"After this kind of behaviour anything can happen but this is not football. I like physical contact and to play hard but this is too much and it's not good behaviour.

"This is not acceptable. I don't want to find excuses for when we lose but today I'm really disappointed with this.

"I'm sad because we lost the game but I'm sad about what happened. Fabio broke his nose, what more can happen?

"We came here to play football. We like when it is fast and confrontational but that was too much. Something needs to change because we want to play football."

https://stv.tv/sport/football/1400491-alves-concerned-about-unacceptable-behaviour-on-the-pitch/?utm_content=bufferbdd52&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

I'm kind of caught with this one. He's half right in the sense that teams do go at us hard, and referees like today and against Hibs do not help.

On the other hand, it just proves again how we don't show the same desire as the teams who try to make things as physical as possible.

His way of combatting that today was by kicking out like a schoolboy, not like the well-travelled veteran he is and that was also worrying.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alves epitomises everything that's going wrong.

He comes with a stellar career, a hard man, no nonsense defender who defends first. Yet today when he's wearing the armband I see him in the ear of the ref once, he makes literally no tackles, gets caught by two high balls and doesn't command the back 4. 

He's been the biggest let down for as long as I can remember with the reputation he brought with him.

His mantra should be to absolutely level the opposition player fairly in the first 10 and let them know they're in a game.

I've yet to see this cunt actually make a half decent tackle

In my day if a cunt had broken a team mates nose then the cunt would not have walked off the park.

He's not wrong in what he's saying but teams smell our fear, they know we are not up for a battle.

From Wednesday, we need to fight like fuck, retaliate first if need be and show we're not a team of shitebags.

Otherwise we're in for a long hard season of teams smashing fuck out of us and we go hiding and saying it's unfair.

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

In my day if a cunt had broken a team mates nose then the cunt would not have walked off the park.

He's not wrong in what he's saying but teams smell our fear, they know we are not up for a battle.

From Wednesday, we need to fight like fuck, retaliate first if need be and show we're not a team of shitebag.

Otherwise we're in for a long hard season if teams smashing fuck out of us and we go hiding and saying it's unfair.

windass can lead the line. 

If him and the defence had cleared the ball at their first goal instead of standing looking at them like fuckin statues and giving them three chances then I might give him a bit of credit, and even earlier at a corner he headed the ball that went over the bar but was more interested in fixing his fuckin 'bun' than the fact he had missed, I gave him the benefit of the doubt after missing the bheggar game and his international absence but he's just another one that it's only about him, get him to fuck another imposter !

image.jpeg.11fba1aba8cdd4054ce5e49081846aa3.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

From Wednesday, we need to fight like fuck, retaliate first if need be and show we're not a team of shitebags.

Otherwise we're in for a long hard season of teams smashing fuck out of us and we go hiding and saying it's unfair.

Good teams can play you off the park or fight you if that what it takes to win,we've showed a bit of character at times but in the big games our players just go missing.

6 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Alves epitomises everything that's going wrong.

He comes with a stellar career, a hard man, no nonsense defender who defends first. Yet today when he's wearing the armband I see him in the ear of the ref once, he makes literally no tackles, gets caught by two high balls and doesn't command the back 4. 

He's been the biggest let down for as long as I can remember with the reputation he brought with him.

His mantra should be to absolutely level the opposition player fairly in the first 10 and let them know they're in a game.

I've yet to see this cunt actually make a half decent tackle

Agreed, but he does play a mean pass back to the keeper. Unfortunately, it is constant and the fucker doesn't pass forward regardless of the score line.

rember this was the shitebag that was unfit for the taig game but miraculously was ok for Portugal just after. Shitebag shitebag shitebag!

4 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Its been like that since warburton. Teams no we dont like a physical game . Get in about us we buckle we dont want to know. Nothing will change on wed v killie either