Pedro Caixinha Sacked

Leeds_Bear

People seem to think his record against celtic is a reason not to employ him. Are those people forgetting the absolutely massive gulf in budget and playing staff etc that celtic have at their disposal?

McInnes has transformed Aberdeen into a very decent side with barely any resources.

I think people need a wee reality check as to what our budget and current state will allow in terms of a new manager. People suggesting Koeman, Allardyce, Dyche, Tuchel, absolute fantasy nonsense to think we have the clout or means to get someone like this

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

We need someone who has had experience of managing a club the size of Rangers (no one from our past) or they will struggle just like Pedro. 

Theres being a good manager then there’s being a good manager at Rangers with the spotlight on you continually and the press circling like sharks in a feeding frenzy 24/7. 

That would also apply to players and particularly those from the bargain basement.

We need someone who has had experience of managing a club the size of Rangers (no one from our past) or they will struggle just like Pedro. 

Theres being a good manager then there’s being a good manager at Rangers with the spotlight on you continually and the press circling like sharks in a feeding frenzy 24/7. 

That’s why I’m attracted to de Boer or Moyes.

I honestly think they are the two best candidates for the job.

4 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

That would also apply to players and particularly those from the bargain basement.

I personally think we need to shop in markets where we can buy winners who have international caps. 

That means looking at places that are better than Scotland but with lower wages like Scandinavia for players at clubs who have won a league title or domestic cups and maybe have 1 or 2 caps. 

Just now, McEwan's Lager said:

Moyes before his shambles at Man U and then Sunderland maybe, but he may be in the basement regarding his belief in himself. 

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

What exactly would De Boer offer ? He's been shite in his last two jobs, been brought up in a total football environment in Holland and at Barca, tried to install it in England, struggled, this league is full of hammer throwers who will kick fuck out of anyone trying to play decent football.

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

Moyes before his shambles at Man U and then Sunderland maybe, but he may be in the basement regarding his belief in himself. 

I’m not saying it would be successful but I think at this point our situation is similar to the personal situations of both Managers. 

That could galvanise us and them. 

There’s a few Managers out there I wouldn’t mind too like Kåre Ingebrigtsen, Magnus Pehrsson, Albert Stuivenberg and Erik ten Hag but they are just too much of a risk.

Not sure its about the size of the club CB, I think it is being able to handle the pressure of being one-half of a two horse race where a win is expected in every game, every week and unlike England or Europe you are only ever 3 or 4 games away from a crisis.  As you correctly state there will be apex predators after you 24/7

3 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I’m not saying it would be successful but I think at this point our situation is similar to the personal situations of both Managers. 

That could galvanise us and them. 

There’s a few Managers out there I wouldn’t mind too like Kåre Ingebrigtsen, Magnus Pehrsson, Albert Stuivenberg and Erik ten Hag but they are just too much of a risk.

As if Moyes or De Boer aren't risks!

Look at their recent past complete and utter failures - there's a reason their stock is so low - they are too big a risk. 

7 minutes ago, BlueboyG said:

What exactly would De Boer offer ? He's been shite in his last two jobs, been brought up in a total football environment in Holland and at Barca, tried to install it in England, struggled, this league is full of hammer throwers who will kick fuck out of anyone trying to play decent football.

This is why we are where we are. After mccoist rather than going for a manager that would make us tough to beat, we’ll organised, disciplined and feared we went for talkers and thinkers in Warburton and Caixinha rather than a proven old fashioned manager. De boer although more successful than Warburton and Caixinha is still too big a gamble.

22 minutes ago, BlueboyG said:

He’s still high profile that would command respect in the dressing room especially in the new recruits from other countries. I think that will be important quality for the next manager. We need someone who can get the best of guys who may be feeling a bit vulnerable that the Manager who bought them is gone.

As for style of play It’s about mental toughness. You can get the shit kicked out of you but it’s about not letting that affect you and giving it back.

They are not the best, but celtic play a style of football not dissimilar to a Dutch style. 

They play with one DM with two in front of him, two wingers and in either Griffiths and Dembele a striker comfortable in playing outside the box holding the ball up or getting on the end of half chances inside.

We saw in the semi final against them a few years ago that it is possible to play football against them and not be bullied.

The Dutch system has always had hammer throwers too. Think Neeskens, de Jong, van Bommel, Staam. All players capable of putting there foot through people.

I think he would be a decent appointment as we need to rebuild our rep and so does he.

7 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

As if Moyes or De Boer aren't risks!

Look at their recent past complete and utter failures - there's a reason their stock is so low - they are too big a risk. 

I haven’t said they aren’t risks. I was merely replying to the point that they have managed big clubs.

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

He’s still high profile that would command respect in the dressing room especially in the new recruits from other countries. I think that will be important quality for the next manager. We need someone who can get the best of guys who may be feeling a bit vulnerable that the Manager who bought them is gone.

As for style of play It’s about mental toughness. You can get the shit kicked out of you but it’s about not letting that affect you and giving it back.

They are not the best, but celtic play a style of football not dissimilar to a Dutch style. 

They play with one DM with two in front of him, two wingers and in either Griffiths and Dembele two strikers comfortable in playing outside the box holding the ball up or getting on the end of half chances inside.

We saw in the semi final against them a few years ago that it is possible to play football against them and not be bullied.

The Dutch system has always had hammer throwers too. Think Neeskens, de Jong, van Bommel, Staam. All players capable of putting there foot through people.

I think he would be a decent appointment as we need to rebuild our rep and so does he.

High profile = unaffordable 

9 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

This is why we are where we are. After mccoist rather than going for a manager that would make us tough to beat, we’ll organised, disciplined and feared we went for talkers and thinkers in Warburton and Caixinha rather than a proven old fashioned manager. De boer although more successful than Warburton and Caixinha is still too big a gamble.

To be fair a lot of people praised the Warburton appointment for doing something a bit outside the box and we all thought it was genius until the last few weeks of the season then the Cup Final.

Pedro on the other hand I was critical from day one.

Mcinnes is not the answer he always bottles it when playing the scum, we need someone from outside Scottish football, The board need to spend some serious money and get a top manager like the scum did with Rodgers to get the best out of the current players, 2nd is still a realistic target and the Scottish cup is still up for grabs. Going back to past Rangers managers is going to take us in the wrong direction, we need to be forward looking not reminiscing over past glories with the likes of Walter and Mcleish.

3 hours ago, Bighouse said:

People seem to think his record against celtic is a reason not to employ him. Are those people forgetting the absolutely massive gulf in budget and playing staff etc that celtic have at their disposal?

McInnes has transformed Aberdeen into a very decent side with barely any resources.

I think people need a wee reality check as to what our budget and current state will allow in terms of a new manager. People suggesting Koeman, Allardyce, Dyche, Tuchel, absolute fantasy nonsense to think we have the clout or means to get someone like this

Have people seriously suggested them? :lol:

Archived