McCrorie,Wilson,Alves and cardoso

Orange and Blue

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Have to say if it wasn’t for poor shooting from Thistle they would’ve scored one or two yesterday, Wilson is terrible at letting his man run by him and all their chances came from him misreading his man/ball watching.

I’d bring Alves back in alongside McCrorie, it would be fantastic for his development to play alongside some with the experience Alves has. 

Seen MvCrorie get on the wrong side of his man a couple of times, giving away a free kick on one occasion. 

What I don't get is, with our keeper being so bad at free kicks, why don't we have a man on the post at free kicks? It would help a hell of a lot. Lafferty probably wouldn't have scored that freekick if we had a man on that post. At the very least, it would've put him off. He would've had a lot less space to aim for. 

1 minute ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Seen MvCrorie get on the wrong side of his man a couple of times, giving away a free kick on one occasion. 

What I don't get is, with our keeper being so bad at free kicks, why don't we have a man on the post at free kicks? It would help a hell of a lot. Lafferty probably wouldn't have scored that freekick if we had a man on that post. At the very least, it would've put him off. He would've had a lot less space to aim for. 

I think I saw McCrorie miss one header against Partick but look at Wilson's position, he should've been running off the back of him to make sure he was covering his runner if Ross did miss his header. Whereas watch McCrorie's position when Wilson is going up for headers, he's often anticipating the worst. 

Wes Morgan does it brilliantly for Leicester and Davie Weir was the master of it.

Wilson is great if you ask him to do the easy stuff, but he's not got the intelligence to be our first choice centre back - McCrorie looks like he does, although time will tell. 

1 minute ago, Leeds_Bear said:

I think I saw McCrorie miss one header against Partick but look at Wilson's position, he should've been running off the back of him to make sure he was covering his runner if Ross did miss his header. Whereas watch McCrorie's position when Wilson is going up for headers, he's often anticipating the worst. 

Wes Morgan does it brilliantly for Leicester and Davie Weir was the master of it.

Wilson is great if you ask him to do the easy stuff, but he's not got the intelligence to be our first choice centre back - McCrorie looks like he does, although time will tell. 

See above. That would be my reply to your post. (tu)

I’ve never really been that convinced by Cardoso so now that we have McCrorie pushing him for his starting place I’m wondering why we spent the money we did on him when we already had a young centre back at the club who’s better suited to the league we play in ready to make the step up to the first team.

On 05/11/2017 at 19:37, trueblueal said:

McCrorie is a good young player but there's a danger he's being made into Franz Beckenbauer here when he's actually cost us 3 or 4 goals. I'd play him against most teams but against Aberdeen and them I'd probably side with Wilson next to Alves. I'd have Alves in every week. 

That's one way of ripping the confidence right out a young lad 

1 hour ago, broomloanjamie said:

That's one way of ripping the confidence right out a young lad 

I'm not saying hes not a cracking prospect, but let's see how he develops. He's very green, he's made a few rash tackles and been out of position for a couple of goals. On the ball he looks excellent and he has time I'm his side. Similar to John Stone's in some ways 

McCrorie, even though he is still learning, is our best centre backs and should be playing every game.

However, one of the most critical aspects of managing today is the amount of game time given to young players.

Too much game time will seriously affect the long term development of McCrorie.

We should have varying formations relative to who we're playing - most times 2 centre backs but against the likes of the scum - 3 cb. Like brenda did against the sheep.

With a mainly 2 centre back and periodic 3 cb formation, along with occasional rotation, all four get game time.

This is a great problem to be having...a few months ago it was Kiernan etc? 

I'd look at the debate another way. Last season if we missed a first choice centre back we were always struggling. Now if there is an injury/suspension I feel reasonably comfortable that whoever plays can slot in.  

On 05/11/2017 at 18:27, Leeds_Bear said:

Have to say if it wasn’t for poor shooting from Thistle they would’ve scored one or two yesterday, Wilson is terrible at letting his man run by him and all their chances came from him misreading his man/ball watching.

I’d bring Alves back in alongside McCrorie, it would be fantastic for his development to play alongside some with the experience Alves has. 

You’ve took the letters right aff ma keypad

8 hours ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

You put a man on the post for free kicks and the opposition just flood into the box. I tried it at amateur once and 2 players bolted past the wall, someone slipped it through and the cunts scored.

i got dropped :lol: 

39 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

You put a man on the post for free kicks and the opposition just flood into the box. I tried it at amateur once and 2 players bolted past the wall, someone slipped it through and the cunts scored.

i got dropped :lol: 

That's a good point. Man marking, a staggered wall and a decent keeper should be able to handle that though. Its a tough one, but one that should be able to be worked on in training. 

9 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

That's a good point. Man marking, a staggered wall and a decent keeper should be able to handle that though. Its a tough one, but one that should be able to be worked on in training. 

Maybe, but if you’ve got 4 or 5 in a wall, that doesn’t leave many players left to defend against their 9 that might be in the box.