Candeias

Dado'sMulls

Just now, RowX said:

The worst thing about this team is the inability to put a decent ball into the box.  Apologies but I'm raging, lucky to not lose today.  3 points glosses over a miriad of problems.  No crosses and no one in the box.  Subbing Pena at half time was criminal... 

Candeaias offers nothing.  Lazy tracking back, no final ball.

XXiX1qq.gif

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, RowX said:

The worst thing about this team is the inability to put a decent ball into the box.  Apologies but I'm raging, lucky to not lose today.  3 points glosses over a miriad of problems.  No crosses and no one in the box.  Subbing Pena at half time was criminal... 

You're at it :lol:

7 minutes ago, RowX said:

The view mustn’t be very good in Row X.

We don''t help players like Candeias by getting on there backs when they have a first half like he had,Charlie Adam is a prime example,we are impatient as a home support,their must be some reason why we've had better results way this season.

38 minutes ago, RowX said:

Don't know where to start with this... final ball non existent.  Wouldn't be near a starting xi of a good Rangers team.  How hard can it be to put in a half decent cross.. folds under pressure.  Tries hard, that's all I can give him.  Would have been the one I'd have hooked at half time today. Say no more 

Windass goal last week, Buffalos goal today - aye your right 

The most overrated player in the team, he's a shitebag(worse than windass) never gets injured because he never tackles, threw himself embarrisingly today,when the guy never touched him. Gets the ball and gets rid of it right away,never seen him ever beat a man. We were a better team in the last 2 sheep games without him,tav beats more men than him.germay,Spain,France ,Portugal ,turkey played in all these countries and been punted in all of them, couldn't even get a  regular game in the Spanish 2nd division! A sub at best

9 minutes ago, jamess said:

Wingers and full backs - what is it with the quality of cross balls,  or lack of it?

We were too predictable, especially in the first half, with going wide so often. You mentioned you weren't impressed by Pena, but it would have been useful to sometimes use him as an option by coming through the middle now and again. Their defenders were able to anticipate our moves quite easily, and as you say, where there isn't the quality in the cross ball, particularly when Tavernier isn't at his best, then we won't get a good return anyway.

8 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

We were too predictable, especially in the first half, with going wide so often. You mentioned you weren't impressed by Pena, but it would have been useful to sometimes use him as an option by coming through the middle now and again. Their defenders were able to anticipate our moves quite easily, and as you say, where there isn't the quality in the cross ball, particularly when Tavernier isn't at his best, then we won't get a good return anyway.

How many crosses did we get in today -  a hell of a lot without much return.  They had practically none,  but still scored from one. Seems to be a theme that we do good word in wide areas,  then the ball goes nowhere near a Rangers player. I'd have Hardie leading the line,  but don't know what's happened to him.

Pena - just don't see a good player in there.  His first touch is mince and the ball gets taken from him so easily.

11 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

I would tend to blame the strikers and lack of bodies in the box I think more than enough of his crosses are into good areas with no cunt on the end of them

Bit of both probably. I was hoping Hardie would get a run of games.  Height and pace,  but no.  Sometimes wonder who is our striker - first half?

Just now, jamess said:

How many crosses did we get in today -  a hell of a lot without much return.  They had practically none,  but still scored from one. Seems to be a theme that we do good word in wide areas,  then the ball goes nowhere near a Rangers player. I'd have Hardie leading the line,  but don't know what's happened to him.

Pena - just don't see a good player in there.  His first touch is mince and the ball gets taken from him so easily.

I have a feeling Pena will be off. I can see how he may be a good player where the ball is on the deck and played at a slower pace, but not for us. You're right, the ineffective crossing has been this way for a while and time after time today we offered no threat. I was concerned about our shape today, and numerous times players either didn't know where a team mate was or got in each others road. The ball out wide is just hitting into areas with no-one on the end mostly; John had a slightly better second half, I thought in the first half he was taking the ball in areas where he wasn't deep enough, when he began to get the ball around the 18 yard box he was either going wide or coming inside, but there wasn't enough of that at times. 

Literally everything that could have gone wrong for Candeias in the first half did. Miscommunications with Tav, poor decision making and crosses too close to the keeper. That said, even if they were better placed we were so light in numbers getting into the box so it would have been irrelevant.

I liked the way he dug in and refused to let the frustration and lack of confidence get the better of him. The result was a fine assist for Morelos and he earned it. Some great deliveries and swivels to beat markers after the interval.

12 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

I have a feeling Pena will be off. I can see how he may be a good player where the ball is on the deck and played at a slower pace, but not for us. You're right, the ineffective crossing has been this way for a while and time after time today we offered no threat. I was concerned about our shape today, and numerous times players either didn't know where a team mate was or got in each others road. The ball out wide is just hitting into areas with no-one on the end mostly; John had a slightly better second half, I thought in the first half he was taking the ball in areas where he wasn't deep enough, when he began to get the ball around the 18 yard box he was either going wide or coming inside, but there wasn't enough of that at times. 

Think Pena and Kranjcar are similar in the fact that our game does not suit them.

1 hour ago, RowX said:

Don't know where to start with this... final ball non existent.  

Someone on here said he had the highest percentage of successful crosses in the SPFL - Meaning he puts it in and it finds a Rangers player.  If true that's a clear indication that he can cross a ball.  Not to mention, he has the highest number of assists in the SPFL. 

6 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Pena has contributed more for us than Kranjcar ever will

Pena has not done very much,  and doesn't show much promise to me.  Kranjcar has not done much,  and his best days are behind him.  We can argue who of these two who haven't contributed much,  is the winner,  but the bottom line is, I don't see a future in them.

2 minutes ago, jamess said:

Pena has not done very much,  and doesn't show much promise to me.  Kranjcar has not done much,  and his best days are behind him.  We can argue who of these two who haven't contributed much,  is the winner,  but the bottom line is, I don't see a future in them.

I see a role for him, he’s got enough goals this season from midfield to warrant a place in the side imo and once he gets fully up to speed with the football in this country he will be very good for us imo