Kris Boyd On Summer Signings

Laudrup1984

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, EatDolphins said:

Think he's forgetting his last stint with us was an unmitigated disaster.

People bring this up every single time he ever brings out an article they don’t like reading.

Boyd’s mentioned himself in the past about his spell back being a disaster. He’s not forgot but it doesn’t make a difference to what he’s saying.

1 minute ago, MasterD said:

People bring this up every single time he ever brings out an article they don’t like reading.

Boyd’s mentioned himself in the past about his spell back being a disaster. He’s not forgot but it doesn’t make a difference to what he’s saying.

Oh it makes a difference when he's criticising others for being on a jolly...you bet it does.

2 minutes ago, MasterD said:

Its natural that people will though, especially when he is criticising effort and professionalism. There was nothing stopping him puting in extra hours training, and I haven't read him say anything bad about the mccoist regime, so he does need to be consistent

1 minute ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Its natural that people will though, especially when he is criticising effort and professionalism. There was nothing stopping him puting in extra hours training, and I haven't read him say anything bad about the mccoist regime, so he does need to be consistent

That's a good point, he'd win a lot of respect if he came out and criticised "the untouchables" such as McCoist and Miller in his next article. 

1 minute ago, The Beast said:

That's a good point, he'd win a lot of respect if he came out and criticised "the untouchables" such as McCoist and Miller in his next article. 

But he won't, ever. 

McCoist has got a fucking cheek in the first place standing there on BT wondering how we're in this mess. 

Slimy snake bastard. 

4 minutes ago, The Beast said:

I don't mind Boyd. I agree with a lot of what he says. I think he is wrong on a few things here though and you make a very valid point. If anyone wants to attain any level of credibility they must be consistent. It's like when a manager cries in the press about not getting a penalty but avoids or dismisses questions about the opposition not getting a decision. If you want to provide strong opinions, especially publicly, you have to be objective and critique or praise everyone equally. You can't praise or criticise something then completely ignore something else. If you're going to criticise the summer signings you have to include Jack & Dorrans too (who I think CAN offer us more in the future). You also have to include Miller, Windass (who was very poor early on and even now, is still inconsistent), the whole gang. There are varying factors for each individual but if you're going to generalise the reality is collectively, the whole team haven't been good enough. By not saying that he loses credibility IMO and there is definitely an element of sensationalism to this piece...............

46 minutes ago, EatDolphins said:

Think he's forgetting his last stint with us was an unmitigated disaster.

He has some cheek to talk about a ‘Jolly’.

The Guy was like a beluga whale when he was with us, hoovering up his wage and contributing fuck all except literally filling the six yard box.

Cheers for the continued support though Boydy, just the club needs - more criticism. Tool.

22 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Oh it makes a difference when he's criticising others for being on a jolly...you bet it does.

It’s not even just about this article I’m mentioning it. It’s after every single article he writes that people don’t like.

When he wrote an article giving stick to the board it’s “well said Boyd”, “love his honesty”, “glad someone in the media has came out and said something”, then when it’s something they don’t like it’s “fat dick”, “he’s got a cheek”, “he’s forgot his last spell”. Being a fat dick or having has issues here himself doesn’t take away him being right or his opinion.

Half the time he’s just saying what a lot of fans say on social media but when he says it they can’t handle it being there in black and white.

Just now, MasterD said:

It’s not even just about this article I’m mentioning it. It’s after every single article he writes that people don’t like.

When he wrote an article giving stick to the board it’s “well said Boyd”, “love his honesty”, “glad someone in the media has came out and said something”, then when it’s something they don’t like it’s “fat dick”, “he’s got a cheek”, “he’s forgot his last spell”. Being a fat dick or having has issues here himself doesn’t take away him being right or his opinion.

Half the time he’s just saying what a lot of fans say on social media but when he says it they can’t handle it being there in black and white.

Its this one im talking about...so hypocritical it's almost beyond belief.

7 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I don't mind Boyd. I agree with a lot of what he says. I think he is wrong on a few things here though and you make a very valid point. If anyone wants to attain any level of credibility they must be consistent. It's like when a manager cries in the press about not getting a penalty but avoids or dismisses questions about the opposition not getting a decision. If you want to provide strong opinions, especially publicly, you have to be objective and critique or praise everyone equally. You can't praise or criticise something then completely ignore something else. If you're going to criticise the summer signings you have to include Jack & Dorrans too (who I think CAN offer us more in the future). You also have to include Miller, Windass (who was very poor early on and even now, is still inconsistent), the whole gang. There are varying factors for each individual but if you're going to generalise the reality is collectively, the whole team haven't been good enough. By not saying that he loses credibility IMO and there is definitely an element of sensationalism to this piece...............

A touch of xenophobia as well tbh. The Johnny Foreigners are an easy target while there's many other Scottish and British players who have completely failed to live up to their potential and the the money being spent on them on fees and wages this season. If he'd mentioned one or two of the Brits who had also let us down it would have given his views a lot more balance.

It's like Walter Smith point blank refusing to criticise both McCoist and David Murray both of whom have played key roles in our misfortunes. Walter's misplaced loyalty damages his credibility.

Standing on the outside pissing in the tent, as he is not good enough to be in the tent. Kris Boyd was on a jolly his last time round with us and for him to slag the players that we have now is unprofessional. He knew what we expect and what to expect when playing for us but he flopped around the pitch like a fat mess. Boyd should cut the players some slack as they are finding their feet, in for them is a very strange football environment. I do hope that we get rid of those players who will not make it and keep those who will, but that is Murty's call. 

4 minutes ago, ZZed said:

Standing on the outside pissing in the tent, as he is not good enough to be in the tent. Kris Boyd was on a jolly his last time round with us and for him to slag the players that we have now is unprofessional. He knew what we expect and what to expect when playing for us but he flopped around the pitch like a fat mess. Boyd should cut the players some slack as they are finding their feet, in for them is a very strange football environment. I do hope that we get rid of those players who will not make it and keep those who will, but that is Murty's call. 

Good point about the environmental factors. Boyd himself played in Turkey, England and the States if I remember rightly, so should know how difficult it is to acclimatise to a different culture and a different style of football, so does smack of being unprofessional and sensationalist to me

6 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Good point about the environmental factors. Boyd himself played in Turkey, England and the States if I remember rightly, so should know how difficult it is to acclimatise to a different culture and a different style of football, so does smack of being unprofessional and sensationalist to me

How many players have played for a club where the expectation is to win 9 times out of ten, a draw is like a defeat to the crowd and the fans are very vocal. You have another team across the city that has obsessed fans making up all kinds of shit about your club and it is 24 hours a day, never really an day off for them. They then have someone like Boyd slagging them in the press, not very helpful.