Walter being considered for return to Scotland manager's job

Bad Robot

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, K.A.I said:

If he took that job it would be a slap in the face to the Rangers fans for more than one reason ... not just because of the way we've been treated by Scottish football but the fact that we need him back here desperately but don't persue it or pressure him into it because we assume he wants to enjoy his retirement away from football with nothing to prove.

He'd go right down in my estimation if he took that position on.

I would agree with you if it was a club team, but it's a part time job which would let him do a bit of the job he loves and no doubt misses. Speaking of misses, I reckon his answer will be down to what his Mrs says. 

1 minute ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

I would agree with you if it was a club team, but it's a part time job which would let him do a bit of the job he loves and no doubt misses. Speaking of misses, I reckon his answer will be down to what his Mrs says. 

If he wants a part-time job he can take his pick of loads of others. I'd feel it a betrayal as a Rangers fan.

3 hours ago, plumbGER said:

Hope he takes it on so we can all get back to supporting our country again.

King William of Orange could be managing Scotland and I'd never support the fucks.

The fans, directors and front men are all fenian bastards out to kill our club. The Scottish FA have made it clear what it thinks of our club and anyone associated with it can go take a fuck to themselves

3 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Imagine us not going for him then he goes there :(

Being manager of Rangers is a full time job 24/7. Warburton, Pedro and Murty have all said this. Scotland's next competitive match - September 2018. There is no comparison whatsoever between the two jobs.

10 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

King William of Orange could be managing Scotland and I'd never support the fucks.

The fans, directors and front men are all fenian bastards out to kill our club. The Scottish FA have made it clear what it thinks of our club and anyone associated with it can go take a fuck to themselves

So you won't be turning up to cheer on Walter and his team?

3 hours ago, K.A.I said:

If he took that job it would be a slap in the face to the Rangers fans for more than one reason ... not just because of the way we've been treated by Scottish football but the fact that we need him back here desperately but don't persue it or pressure him into it because we assume he wants to enjoy his retirement away from football with nothing to prove.

He'd go right down in my estimation if he took that position on.

True in regards to the way they treated us. 

But an international manager is under a lot less stress than a club manager, especially now that Scotland haven't got any meaningful games in the near future.

Can't blame a guy about to turn 70 for not wanting the Rangers job, too much expectation and the stress that comes with that

Honestly think the SFA just want to appoint him to save face just now, and get the Chief Exec position sorted before appointing a more long term manager.

1 minute ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Funny how folk would turn on Walter if he took the job! Sad fucks! 

He wont take it as he has retired but if he did it would be a great move for Scotland. I note Alex Mcleish is also on the list of 8. 

Don’t think many would turn on Wattie mate.

5 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

He wont take it as he has retired but if he did it would be a great move for Scotland. I note Alex Mcleish is also on the list of 8. 

No one sane would he's been exceptional for us.

2 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Alex McLeish has been whooring himself about for all sorts of jobs past 18-months so the situations are different - McLeish feels he's plenty to prove, Walter literally has nothing to prove - Walter has commented on speculation before about coming back to us with snippets about he doesn't want any managers job again (as The Mighty Bears pointed out earlier) so for him to go back on that, when we need him most and to that mob is a betrayal to me.

I wouldn't turn on him but I'd lose a lot of respect for him. He wouldn't be getting abuse off me for it but I'd be dissapointed in him and I'd mention it on here constantly and any time my heart felt fit to do so.

You've nailed your colours to the mast plenty that you care about the SNP and the Scotland team more than you do Rangers anyway so you've everything to gain from this shite.

4 minutes ago, GT66 said:

True in regards to the way they treated us. 

But an international manager is under a lot less stress than a club manager, especially now that Scotland haven't got any meaningful games in the near future.

Can't blame a guy about to turn 70 for not wanting the Rangers job, too much expectation and the stress that comes with that

Honestly think the SFA just want to appoint him to save face just now, and get the Chief Exec position sorted before appointing a more long term manager.

This a lot less stress line and part time hours line that's appearing is making me sick too. It's as if people are making excuses for if it happens and trying to rationalise/justify it.

6 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Has McLeish not invested in a football team now may be a bit busy himself.?

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Alex McLeish has been whooring himself about for all sorts of jobs past 18-months so the situations are different - McLeish feels he's plenty to prove, Walter literally has nothing to prove - Walter has commented on speculation before about coming back to us with snippets about he doesn't want any managers job again (as The Mighty Bears pointed out earlier) so for him to go back on that, when we need him most and to that mob is a betrayal to me.

I wouldn't turn on him but I'd lose a lot of respect for him. He wouldn't be getting abuse off me for it but I'd be dissapointed in him and I'd mention it on here constantly and any time my heart felt fit to do so.

You've nailed your colours to the mast plenty that you care about the SNP and the Scotland team more than you do Rangers anyway so you've everything to gain from this shite.

For me Walter has always been a man of integrity and it's why I respect him so much. He represent everything good about our club.

If he were to become the Scotland manager then he'd lose his integrity in my eyes. After everything the SFA has done to us the only way id accept this is if there was a change in the sfa from top to bottom, where we were no longer treated like second class citizens in our own country. If he takes the job under the current regime then he'd lose his legendary status with me.

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

This a lot less stress line and part time hours line that's appearing is making me sick too. It's as if people are making excuses for if it happens and trying to rationalise/justify it.

I'm not making excuses for it, and certainly don't want it to happen, just trying to think about what his reasoning would be for taking it over the Rangers job, if we ever even asked him to.

Never been a fan of Scotland, or any international football, but Walter going there to manage a few friendlies wouldn't tarnish my view of the guy in any way. 

A bullshit story leaked by the filth press to give the false impression of   "old firm"  parity in the search for the right man, there is no way the last dickhead was allowed to leave without liewell already having his man lined up and you can bet your mortgage he'll be filth friendly whoever he is.