If Murty had the contract in his pocket yesterday would we have won?

Thermopylae

I think Murty needs to now go unbeaten at home, beat them in the cup, win the final, and then win what will be a dead rubber against them in the league to get the job permanently. That’s assuming we come second as well. 

Don’t think for a minute that the board are handing him the job otherwise. All those loan deals were very deliberate and is their insurance in the event that Murty doesn’t show that he’s the man to take us to the next level. Yesterday’s performance did not do that. 

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, James Rolle said:

I think Murty needs to now go unbeaten at home, beat them in the cup, win the final, and then win what will be a dead rubber against them in the league to get the job permanently. That’s assuming we come second as well. 

Don’t think for a minute that the board are handing him the job otherwise. All those loan deals were very deliberate and is their insurance in the event that Murty doesn’t show that he’s the man to take us to the next level. Yesterday’s performance did not do that. 

There is no such thing as as a dead rubber against them.

Just now, andyhrfc said:

No problem, just coming down from the “how the fuck did we lose that phase”,  into the “ lets roll them over next time phase”.

Lucky you, i’m Still going to be in the ‘how the fuck did we lose that’ phase for another few days, at least until we make Steve Clarke suffer for being next on the fixture list. 

Murty is a very cautious manager imho,he shows us every week in waiting until the game is done before making any changes.

Also his reluctance to go 2 up front.

Yesterday we saw our team score then sit back,score again then sit back,it was driving me crazy

All out attack and they would have collapsed yesterday,it would have been over by half time.

I like Graham but we deserve better(where have I heard that before!) 

Murty has to play the cards he's dealt: interim, balls out, living day by day. 

His contractual situation should be an irrelevance given where he's brought us. To lose him would be an absolute embarrassment.  

He is The Rangers Manager. 

No please non don’t let him get it full time. Maybe he is trolling us with some of the stupid things he does, I mean everyone I heard talking after the game said Cummings and Miller should’ve been brought in when elbows was sent off so if our manager can t see it then he should be out on his arse, I haven’t even listened to any interviews and was wondering if he mentioned how good the atmosphere was at Ibrox, it can’t be second to none coz that’s the piggery our manager said??? Pffft 

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

I still can’t believe we didn’t press the fuck out them in the first 25 minutes we could’ve killed it there and then. 

It was a fucking joke the way we stood off them, not once but fucking twice. They could hardly string two passes together in the first 5 minutes, even Brown was giving it away. They looked shocked we’d came flying out right into their faces and scored. 

His nonsense about attacking football at Ibrox etc was made redundant the moment we stood off them after taking the upper hand twice. 

But aye a get where you’re coming from. 

Think its a mind set thing - our 3 worst spells in the game came following having an advantage, goal 1, goal 2, and the sending off.  I don't think we believe we can beat them, absolutely lack ruthlessness and I wonder if nice guy Murty might never solve that.  

They were totally rattled at a goal down and they should never have been let back in.

I'd also suggest he had no idea what to do when they went to 10, we should have made the 1st sub and forced them to accommodate us.

Need to be honest I cannot understand anyone taking positives from that yesterday - a early goal, ahead twice and playing 10 men and we can't win the game? - I'm not sure a draw would have been acceptable for us.

50 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Wouldn't surprise me if they go back in for McInnes 

McInnes is a name which fails to go away, particularly as Aberdeen seem to be on a downward trend now - he might be getting to that point when it is time to go. I still think Clarke will be in the running by the end of the season.

Is Murty capable of learning fast enough and developing enough managerial nous to produce a title winning side in the next few seasons?  That's the question for the Board to answer in summer.

They've taken a big gamble so far.   Its for them to decide in summer whether they think that gamble will pay off.    

Has Murty really got it in him to do it?    I'm not convinced. 

1 hour ago, markem said:

Think its a mind set thing - our 3 worst spells in the game came following having an advantage, goal 1, goal 2, and the sending off.  I don't think we believe we can beat them, absolutely lack ruthlessness and I wonder if nice guy Murty might never solve that.  

They were totally rattled at a goal down and they should never have been let back in.

I'd also suggest he had no idea what to do when they went to 10, we should have made the 1st sub and forced them to accommodate us.

Need to be honest I cannot understand anyone taking positives from that yesterday - a early goal, ahead twice and playing 10 men and we can't win the game? - I'm not sure a draw would have been acceptable for us.

The only positive is we managed to score twice against them in 90 minutes for the first time in a long time.  Hopefully this will give the players and manager some self belief and that if we play positively then we can beat them.  Other than that......not a whole lot else.  We'll see in the semi final hopefully, finally, the lesson has been learned.

I hope to fuck he doesn't get the job,he's not good enough for us.Have you seen his record ? it;s as bad as Pedro and Warburton ffs and he's supposedly got better players then they 2.

Then there's the praising that lots support and ground  in his interviews plus mentioning them before us ( when he said celtic v Rangers games) that's a definite no-no.

3 hours ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

McInnes is a name which fails to go away, particularly as Aberdeen seem to be on a downward trend now - he might be getting to that point when it is time to go. I still think Clarke will be in the running by the end of the season.

We’d be mental if Clarke isn’t under consideration already.

1 minute ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Yes, but there a fleet on here who will not even entertain him anywhere near Ibrox. 

I’m sure I seen something about him being a Killie fan recently so I dunno how strong his links to the taigs are?

3 minutes ago, Siwel said:

I’m sure I seen something about him being a Killie fan recently so I dunno how strong his links to the taigs are?

I doubt it matters in the world of professional footballers and managers, even Murty was bleating on about his dad being a dye in the wool tim.