Miller and Wallace Suspended

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Miller's contract is up in weeks and do you think Wallace would sit around for another year stagnating when he's match-fit again, collecting 15k a week when he's young enough and wants to get into football management too? he'd be off IMO. It wouldn't run into a million pound plus bill - not a chance.

Regardless and irrespective all that, the point I was making is that any single person with any of their comments on this could be right, or wrong. No-one really knows what went down. Miller and Wallace could have been well within their rights as senior figures to speak up, or they could have went to down and really over-stepped the mark with Murty.

My gut feeling is that this board have zero class and make the rules to suit themselves. It would not surprise me one bit if they have an alterior motive behind this and are too ignorant or, don't care or simply under-estimate any potential consequences. 

Wallace sitting about doesn't come into it. If the suspension is a manufactured storm you're already getting into territory where he can argue constructive dismissal. If he's on 15k p/w there's already a potential 750k in lost wages etc.

4 minutes ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

A lot has been speculated about how  Miller and Wallace conducted themselves but what about Murty?he's being portrayed as the innocent party in all this without one single fact being known.

The same argument was made when Pedro Was having his problems.  I’ll give Wallace a bye but Millers name comes up too often as a source of disruption for it to be ignored.  

Murty seems a pretty passive individual to me so I doubt he would have been the aggressor (maybe that’s part of the problem with him as a manager).  As both Miller and Wallace weren’t playing, I hardly think Murty would have been tearing them a strip for their performance.  

19 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

I would expect that also but I would hope a couple of experienced campaigners could channel their emotions and opinions better than they did.  Why did they not take Murty aside and tell him forcibly in private their opinions instead of grandstanding in front of the rest of the players.  

Because he doesn't deserve to be treated with any respect

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

Surely not, if that’s true he really is finished. 

I don’t believe it for a minute mate, one of his pals had a back and forth with the Rangers observer on twitter saying it was a load of shite

7 minutes ago, Bristol loyal said:

As much as the criticism on murty is fully justified and he needs to be gone asap. Not one of those players showed any passion, fight or even effort Sunday, they didn’t want to be there from the first whistle and the problems were much bigger that just Murtys woeful tactics. The players who took to the pitch Sunday were just as much of a disgrace as murty and the board and deserve just as much criticism imo. I don’t blame Miller and Wallace for anything they said to murty, but I bloody hope they said the exact same to the players who embarrassed us as well.

How can you apply that to Wallace and Miller?

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Think it shows something is deeply rotten from the first team squad to boardroom. 

Auchenhowie and the kids seem to be going from strength to strength going by reports. 

So what is it about the rest of club?????

Agreed and to ensure we get rid of the rot I’d be happy to see anyone that has been there throughout leave.   Sadly some people can’t quickly be shifted.  

Even players that we consider decent, guilty through association for me.  Sick of the sight of them. 

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Wallace sitting about doesn't come into it. If the suspension is a manufactured storm you're already getting into territory where he can argue constructive dismissal. If he's on 15k p/w there's already a potential 750k in lost wages etc.

But if he's getting paid his wages, weekly, but put on gardening leave or something for the rest of his contract he will be gone long before the contract expires and doing something more productive and then sacrificing the payments. Your the only one talking about dismissal as the reports are Wallace is suspended, not dismissed? 

5 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

:rofl:Fucking hell. So the manager being an employee too, that’ll also apply to him? So you think Smith and Ferguson should have been sacked early on in their careers?

Fuck all to do with Smith or Ferguson. Where you there, aye? 

It is all about those on the receiving end on how they want to play it.  That's why those not with the program get very large packages to leave quietly. Think Barton and now these two muppets. Bullying in any work place is a breach, that includes football, but you should already know that.

When you become an employer I might listen.

Another thing I didn't like which could also be part of this shambles was as stated in Murty's after the game interview.  He said he wasn't going to talk about the game and what went wrong till later in the week.  He needed to be in their ripping into the players while it was hurting the most, maybe that was why others had a go at him.  Also perhaps he didn't want anyone pointing out he got the tactics wrong, I never understand why we didn't push up and why we only had one up front. 

17 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Na fuck it I’m with Wallace as well. There’s no chance he is trying to undermine the manager, instead it’s more than likely he went into the dressing room and tore strips off the fucking lot of them after that pish. 

We’re heading into an era of mediocrity and this is part of the reason. Suspending players because they demand everything you have is left on the park is so wrong

Makes you wonder what Miller said then. 

4 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Fuck all to do with Smith or Ferguson. Where you there, aye? 

It is all about those on the receiving end on how they want to play it.  That's why those not with the program get very large packages to leave quietly. Think Barton and now these two muppets. Bullying in any work place is a breach, that includes football, but you should already know that.

When you become an employer I might listen.

How is it bullying? You know something we don’t?

9 minutes ago, Siwel said:

That is interesting because before the celtic game at Ibrox, there was a bounce match with St Mirren was it? to get Wallace upto speed and he played in it and that was meant to be him almost fit - Murty said it himself but also conceded something about his heart rate/lung capcity only being at 75% which is understandable due to lack of matches so something might be amiss there, but then again the RO is the clubs wee moutpiece and PR machine, so they will say things like that to smear Wallace too in this wee battle that's heating up.

Just now, K.A.I said:

That is interested because before the celtic game at Ibrox, there was a bounce match with St Mirren was it? to get Wallace upto speed and he played in it and that was meant to be him almost fit - Murty said it himself but also conceded something about his heart rate/lung capcity only being at 75% which is understandable due to lack of matches so something might be amiss there, but then again the RO is the clubs wee moutpiece and PR machine, so they will say things like that to smear Wallace too in this wee battle that's heating up.

Exactly, if Wallace genuinely was pulling out games, why have we magically just heard about it this morning?

11 minutes ago, Siwel said:

I don’t believe it for a minute mate, one of his pals had a back and forth with the Rangers observer on twitter saying it was a load of shite

There's no way I can believe that pish either. TRO are sleekit, agenda driven cunts.

9 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

But if he's getting paid his wages, weekly, but put on gardening leave or something for the rest of his contract he will be gone long before the contract expires and doing something more productive and then sacrificing the payments. Your the only one talking about dismissal as the reports are Wallace is suspended, not dismissed? 

You don't need to be dismissed to claim constructive dismissal. If you can argue they are trying to force you out the door then that's enough. If there is a "manufactured storm" then that could easily land us in the shit. By making it a formal disciplinary issue it becomes a whole different thing than telling them to go away for a day or two until it calms down then trying to move them (like O'Halloran)

1 minute ago, Ibroxholm said:

If that’s what they think, fine.  However, they have to take the consequences of their actions.

There shouldn't be consequences for any Rangers player who points out how unacceptable it is to roll over to the filth.

12 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

Sorry, I have a great deal of issue with what Miller and Wallace did.  Neither were playing so they shouldn’t have been too caught up in the emotion of the game.  Although it’s not really their job to do so, if they wanted to tell the manager a few of their home-spun truths, they should have shown a bit of class and done it in private, not in front of the full team to undermine the manager.  

This, David Edgar told a story on the Advocat years on Heart and hand of Ian Ferguson taking Dick aside after an old firm drubbing and making it clear to him that losing to that lot wasn't acceptable even if we're winning trebles etc. This was done in private as it should of been. Going for it in front of the whole team shows a real lack of respect and doesn't help the club in any way.

Archived