Miller and Wallace Suspended

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry if it's already been said, I've been travelling so completely missed this thread. But I have to say in the days where we had a Manager who had a set of balls players wouldn't need to be at each other's throats because someone like Walter would have crucified every single one of them. That performance just reeked of not trying and was unforgivable from so many players and the fact that Murty didn't want to confront the players good on Wallace and Miller having the right mentality and getting stuck into that shower of shite we have in that dressing room.

4 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I think you have to have been a free agent when the last window shut to join a new club as a free agent. If a club holds your registration when the window closed then you can’t sign for a new club until the window opens. I’m sure there are examples but I can’t tbink of any right now.

If we cancel his registration and he is, genuinely, a free agent then he could, theoretically sign. I'd find it unlikely any club would sign him to play at this stage, other than a dire emergency.

Just now, Roy Hobbs said:
5 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I think you have to have been a free agent when the last window shut to join a new club as a free agent. If a club holds your registration when the window closed then you can’t sign for a new club until the window opens. I’m sure there are examples but I can’t tbink of any right now.

Barton

Spot on, Barton had to wait until January to play after re-signing for Burnley after he was sacked by Rangers

It's standard procedure to suspend an employee if a charge of gross misconduct has been brought against you, pending an investigation, info all on ACAS site. It's reckoned it's best to remove the person/persons from the place of employment whilst the investigation takes place , then you have your chance to put your side forward during any investigation, and then HR should deliberate on the pros and cons of the info collected.. It happened to me in one of my previous jobs , after investigation there was no case to answer, so it's not all cut and dry.

1 minute ago, Daz-96 said:

Sorry if it's already been said, I've been travelling so completely missed this thread. But I have to say in the days where we had a Manager who had a set of balls players wouldn't need to be at each other's throats because someone like Walter would have crucified every single one of them. That performance just reeked of not trying and was unforgivable from so many players and the fact that Murty didn't want to confront the players good on Wallace and Miller having the right mentality and getting stuck into that shower of shite we have in that dressing room.

It appears, from the rumours, that the only one they 'got stuck in to' was the manager. Each and everyone of them.is responsible for the shambles on Sunday.

4 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

We could pay him off but retain his registration. Then he couldn't play for anyone else.

Correct,if we pay them off,ie fullfill their contract payments,they're still our players until the contracts end.  Gardening leave.

5 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

We could pay him off but retain his registration. Then he couldn't play for anyone else.

Sounds good to me. Also I'm sure as you are still paying him in full you could apply conditions about him not being allowed to join another club or if he did, he forfeits his payments. I'm sure I've heard of that happen before.

3 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

It appears, from the rumours, that the only one they 'got stuck in to' was the manager. Each and everyone of them.is responsible for the shambles on Sunday.

So it was Miller and Wallace targeted Murty rather than the other players? 

So the manager is too cowardly to go in to the dressing room at full time and give them a bollocking, club captain and Miller go in and do Murty's job for them and they get suspended?

Board should have just got rid of Murty yesterday, put Nicholl in charge for last 5 games and announce a manager in the coming weeks. Simple

17 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

There is no chance Murty is going to be in charge into next season. IMO the board aren't siding with murty, they are clearing the deck for a new manager to come in.

Having had 6 months you would think King and Co have done all the necessary work for a new appointment. But don't be surprised if it's another panic appointment.

Frankly, I'll be surprised if it isn't another panic appointment. 

29 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Depends what actually happened and the legal shit kicks in these days, for Miller to be suspended if true, then it’s more than just a shouting match thats happened. 

Agree to an extent buddy however find it hard to believe that clubs up and down the country don’t deal with the same shit every week yet here we in the Barton scenario again.  

Ongoing bullying, racism anything g like that get yer HR etc involved however we seem to get here on the back of onfield issues.  More pay outs probably. 

3 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:
7 minutes ago, Don54 said:

Spot on, Barton had to wait until January to play after re-signing for Burnley after he was sacked by Rangers

He didn't sign for Burnley until January 2nd.

O.K. I should have put  'agreed to re-sign ' instead of ' after re-signing '

2 minutes ago, Don54 said:

O.K. I should have put  'agreed to re-sign ' instead of ' after re-signing '

The issue was International Clearance not registration. It was only on 20th December he agreed to sign. The clearance process took the time. It wasn't his playing registration that was the issue.

31 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

What I mean is it shouldn't get to this stage.

Managers need to be able to understand the players under their management and they then need to know how to manage them. 

It's looking all but certain that he's lost control of the majority of the squad and thats bad management.

He had been better at managing the players, team selections, tactics and ultimately winning games and both manager and players receiving the plaudits then we wouldn't be at this stage of suspending players.

I wasn't saying Murty should actually do the suspending of players himself just that he should have commanded enough authority to deal with it himself.

However this is what you get whan an U20s manager takes over a first team at a club this size. He's used to dealing with kids who just listen intently and don't talk back and who haven't got years of experience telling them otherwise.

It shouldn't have, but that's not wholly down to Murty. Showing respect and manners costs nothing. We are all adults and it's your choice as to wether you exercise restraint or not. In the work place, if you fail do so, it is at your peril.

Murty is a rookie and everyone knows that and if players, especially senior ones could not factor that in their decision making, then they are not acting like mature adults. For me with those two concerned, they simply saw an opportunity to exploit a weak person and inexperienced manager, such was their agenda. It achieves nothing but division and conflict, but that is what they set out to achieve imho. 

Miller is one selfish odious cunt and they both deserved sacked for their actions.

As I've said, any player abusing and disrespecting our Manager, no matter what or who he is, disrepects our Club, end of. They are paid to do a job and do what they are told and if they have issues then take it up in private like a man and not try on the billy big bawz act on weaker individuals. 

The only people who deserve disrespect are those two offenders for being the bully no marks that they really are. Absolute fucking morons both of them and those who think they were correct are no better.

4 minutes ago, markem said:

Agree to an extent buddy however find it hard to believe that clubs up and down the country don’t deal with the same shit every week yet here we in the Barton scenario again.  

Ongoing bullying, racism anything g like that get yer HR etc involved however we seem to get here on the back of onfield issues.  More pay outs probably. 

Think it shows something is deeply rotten from the first team squad to boardroom. 

Auchenhowie and the kids seem to be going from strength to strength going by reports. 

So what is it about the rest of club?????

13 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Sounds good to me. Also I'm sure as you are still paying him in full you could apply conditions about him not being allowed to join another club or if he did, he forfeits his payments. I'm sure I've heard of that happen before.

Preud'homme has that clause as numerous others have had.

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Think it shows something is deeply rotten from the first team squad to boardroom. 

Auchenhowie and the kids seem to be going from strength to strength going by reports. 

So what is it about the rest of club?????

The club auchenhowie (a waste of money) included, are riddled with shettlestons, start there with a big brush !

12 hours ago, Brubear said:

My concern is that if the board are backing Murty against Miller and Wallace they might be looking at him continuing as manager beyond this season. 

Whatever we think of Murty as a manager, the Board simply have to back him to retain any last credibility they have.  Miller’s name has come up to often as a negative influence, he has undermined our the last two managers.  He should be shown the door imo. If he wants to run the show, he should throw his hat in the ring for the managers job and take his chances or get his wallet out and start buying shares like the rest of us.

It will be hard enough to attract any decent manager for next season, it will be virtually impossible to sell the position on the back of the last two managers being ousted by player power (and that’s how it will appear) and the Board not backing them..

Archived