Jason Cummings

jbm26896

42 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I would start with our top scorer. Not someone who’ll be back at Forest in roughly 5 games

What makes u think that he will be back at Forest in about 5 games? I think when he scored he had a huge smile and looked like he was enjoying himself. I don’t think he will hang around if Murty is manager tho. He got some reception when thry read out his name when he scored today as well. something tells me he wants to stay here 

1 minute ago, bluewhitevanman said:

What makes u think that he will be back at Forest in about 5 games? I think when he scored he had a huge smile and looked like he was enjoying himself. I don’t think he will hang around if Murty is manager tho. He got some reception when thry read out his name when he scored today as well. something tells me he wants to stay here 

Aye mate, i get the impression he wants to go on to be a sucess for us. He's biding his time till Murty fucks off where hopefully things then start to kick on for him.

Buffalo has had at least 3 instances of late where he should have squared it, hence why i'm questioning his ability to make decisions.   Cummins was through on the keeper and should have scored  aye.  1 miss, 1 goal when playing in an awkward position isnay really time to start digging him up though eh?

1 minute ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Cummings was clean through and missed a sitter as well today. 

Morelos has been off the boil for a while but I do feel the criticism is over the top.

1 minute ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Cummings was clean through and missed a sitter as well today. 

Morelos has been off the boil for a while but I do feel the criticism is over the top.

This is the thing mate u are correct he missed that one on one but he’s an instinctive striker who should be putting the ball in the net around the 18 yard box, add in to the fact that he’s barely kicked a ball for long enough if he was sharper he might have did something different but the boy enjoyed his goal. Morelos is looking like he doesn’t want to be here and if that’s the case then the criticism will get worse. We need people who want to be here 

8 hours ago, TMB said:

I think there's more chance of Cummings being here next season than Morelos.  Morelos has been angling for a move down South since he came whereas Cummings seems to have a genuine fondness for the club and wants to play his football here.

Dunno how folks know he’s been angling for anything he’s only ever gave one interview and that was through an interpreter when he first arrived .  

And if he’s “angling “ for anything he’s not going about it very well (recently) is he?

8 hours ago, thewasp said:

How anyone can back Morelos is beyond me.  Showed again today that he can't make decisions in front of goal.   Cummings looks like he gives a fuck but is a waste of a player in the lone role 

Which is how we play so what’s the point of playing Cummings. 

8 hours ago, bluewhitevanman said:

His deal ends in 5 games. A new manager (hopefully) will want his own striker- probably one that has shown he can score goals at a decent level. Not one that hasn’t but is “fond” of our club and has a nice smile. 

The only way he is staying is if Murty is  still manager and Cummings wants to be a sub. 

Morelos is a better player than Cummings absolutely no doubt about that however, Morelos clearly has an attitude problem and can't score against them. 

Add to that Cummings is a far better finisher than Morelos so overall next week Cummings deserves a chance IMO.

I think we need to play both of them up front next week,it would at least give them something to worry about.

Cummings can't be dropped from the starting line up inho he did enough to start next week.

We are shite at the back and our only chance is attack,attack,attack!

Do I think this will happen? no I don't, our manager isn't imaginative enough nor aggressive enough,i think he'll go 4-5-1 starting  with Cummings alone up front

11 hours ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Posted it on another thread. I'd start both Cummings and Morloes up front. Drop Windass to accommodate as he goes missing in these games. 

I'd rather go all out than sit back with 1 up front. A system that has failed countless times and one Brenda will be prepared for. 

Morloes for his howlers in these games can hold up the ball and bring others into play. Partner that with Cummings who is a more confident finisher and we might have a chance to finally get one over these gits. 

I think we have to play Windass to stretch their defence tbh

Don't like him but after the semi final . It is the only thing I think will work

And have our midfield on top of there's . Who am I kidding

Yesterday what I noticed was with Cummings, when Hearts had a corner he stayed in the middle of the park ready for the quick ball out/ clearance. Morelos when he came on he is in the box. Now is this individual choice or is it tactical for each player? I prefer the style of the strickers outside ready for a quick ball (never going to happen with our keepers).

57 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Which is how we play so what’s the point of playing Cummings. 

I agree, however the one striker we have who fits the system isn't playing well/doing it against big teams so you'd think changing the system to accommodate both or to benefit Cummings would make sense naw?

I would play Cummings every game and also play Morelos, but slightly deeper.  I always think he is better when he is in the middle of the opposing half rather than the furthest forward.  Would bin Windass to accommodate, play Mcrorie as holding midfield and the most creative of the rest around Morelos.

We create more chances with Morelos in the side, but he also has an abysmal record against the taigs.

Give Cummings a go, you only need to score 1 goal to win a football match sometimes. I'm a million times more confident he'll score that one chance than Alfredo at present

Cummings over Morelos for me. Definitely wouldn’t start them both either, they’re actually pretty similar as well. No idea where this notion comes from that Morelos will drop deep but Cummings won’t. Cummings is always dropping deep. 

Windass behind Cummings on Sunday would be a better option purely because we’ll be playing on the Counter and we need his runs forward. 

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

His deal ends in 5 games. A new manager (hopefully) will want his own striker- probably one that has shown he can score goals at a decent level. Not one that hasn’t but is “fond” of our club and has a nice smile. 

The only way he is staying is if Murty is  still manager and Cummings wants to be a sub. 

U seem so sure he won’t be here do u mind me asking how u know this? 

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Aye play Windass

Up on his own and pack the midfield to protect our honking centre halves?  Might have to i suppose.   
4 at the back with 2 marauding wing backs to leave spaces coupled with one up top on his own screams another doing to me.