Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

1 minute ago, OneDavidCooper said:

And you'd just love it if it went wrong you miserable cunt.

Aye I'd love it for us to go another few seasons in the mire. Spent 31 years supporting the club but feel disillusioned that we are being run by rat bastards and employing guys with no experience to save us.

Fuck up ya utter tit.

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

I am seeing more and more of these reactions as the games go by.

Today at work spoke to a few boys in warehouse and they were the exact same, 1 didn't even watch it saying he couldn't care less anymore.

Depressing

I didn't.even watch yday .the risk of a doing was far too high .

that's just a short term sanity protection mechanism though. 

back switched on now and looking forward to the rest of season and ramming a.few words down a few wankers throats 

i turned it off at 2-0. didn't even feel excited before the game because i knew what was coming. 

that said...i'll never give up supporting this club. these are shite days but they won't last forever. hope the bastards have their fun because it'll no last.

Can't see it not happening tbh he wouldn't be this far down the line with talks etc if there was a major issue.

Rangers wouldn't of said anything via a spokesman if it wasn't almost done!

Lastly he wouldn't be in Glasgow today if he thought whatever the issues are couldn't be resolved.

Am expecting Gerrard to be named Rangers manager by Thursday

11 minutes ago, Shuggy said:

In the rookie/experienced debate, you'll note Fergie didn't win the league with Man Utd until six years after he joined.

but Fergie had already won the ECWC in '83 before he went to Utd.......or have i missed your point?

10 minutes ago, Shuggy said:

In the rookie/experienced debate, you'll note Fergie didn't win the league with Man Utd until six years after he joined.

You’ll also note he won several league titles and a Cup Winners Cup (against Real Madrid) with Aberdeen prior to that. He earned that patience. 

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

He was raised a Catholic, is still a practicing Catholic and has always had good things to say about the taigs.

He can take himself away to fuck

Furfuxsake how many times HE IS NOT A CATHOLIC  he is Church of England  read his book for gods sake and don’t come on here spouting lies !!! Check you facts befor posting 

13 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

I am seeing more and more of these reactions as the games go by.

Today at work spoke to a few boys in warehouse and they were the exact same, 1 didn't even watch it saying he couldn't care less anymore.

Depressing

My brother text me at half-time and said "it's fucking disgusting" my reply was" I've come to expect it" pretty much summed it up....we left my mates house and walked round to the pub for our normal Sunday meet up.....I refused to get wound up by it all.....a sad day when it has got to this stage.

I am trying to remember the reaction to rookie Souness back in 1986, no social media back then.

It was a similar situation, no league title in nine years and a team going nowhere but we roared back to dominate scottish football.

15 minutes ago, Shuggy said:

Yup . I've never been against Gerard getting the job my issue is at this moment were a disaster and the job could be too big.

1 minute ago, Shuggy said:

I am trying to remember the reaction to rookie Souness back in 1986, no social media back then.

It was a similar situation, no league title in nine years and a team going nowhere but we roared back to dominate scottish football.

The hype for Souness was defo there at the time...a huge factor in us roaring back was that English teams were banned from Europe. Without that, we would never have signed the England captain, goalkeeper and other english talents.

3 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

My brother text me at half-time and said "it's fucking disgusting" my reply was" I've come to expect it" pretty much summed it up....we left my mates house and walked round to the pub for our normal Sunday meet up.....I refused to get wound up by it all.....a sad day when it has got to this stage.

Same mate.

No one has even tried to wind me up in here the day, even they horrible cunts aren't bothering now

4 minutes ago, ianb1547 said:

but Fergie had already won the ECWC in '83 before he went to Utd.......or have i missed your point?

The point is we are demanding an experienced manager, but that doesn't always work out at the outset or even for years. We could skip Gerrard, get some experienced and still be no better off. It's all a gamble either way.

Just now, Shuggy said:

Yip but the Scottish league was far more competitive back then.....as already pointed out souness only spent about 2.5million on players and added them to a squad that had a good few talented players

Just now, ianb1547 said:

The hype for Souness was defo there at the time...a huge factor in us roaring back was that English teams were banned from Europe. Without that, we would never have signed the England captain, goalkeeper and other english talents.

Sounds like Souness was in the right place at the right time.

9 minutes ago, GeeSS said:

Furfuxsake how many times HE IS NOT A CATHOLIC  he is Church of England  read his book for gods sake and don’t come on here spouting lies !!! Check you facts befor posting 

I’ll not be going anywhere near his book

11 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Can't see it not happening tbh he wouldn't be this far down the line with talks etc if there was a major issue.

Rangers wouldn't of said anything via a spokesman if it wasn't almost done!

Lastly he wouldn't be in Glasgow today if he thought whatever the issues are couldn't be resolved.

Am expecting Gerrard to be named Rangers manager by Thursday

I can just imagine the meeting.

Robertson -- Ok gentlemen we seem to have covered all the main points in the contract for Stephen and all that is left is his signature on the dotted line.

Gerrards Agent -- Er, But Mr Robertson, we flew up from down south to discuss the finer points of the transfer budgets, that was the main purpose of our visit.

Robertson -- Aaaah yes, that bit, okaaaay. Mmnnn. Mumbles fuck shit no i'd hoped they'd forgot.

4 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Same mate.

No one has even tried to wind me up in here the day, even they horrible cunts aren't bothering now

I think it's an anti-climax for them now and outwith the 90 minutes during the game they are getting bored ... I've not heard person talk about it in work today, noone on the train this morning ... end of the day they just clinched it against us, they didn't really win it against us it was no achievement ... it was nothing like ur 3-0 game there which was pure poison and a better feat .. they know it and the media/Scottish football know it too ... 

1 minute ago, Shuggy said:

He could still play a bit, the financial gap was pretty much nonexistent and I still believe we would never have got Butcher and the rest if the English teams weren't banned from Europe.  That was a gamble that payed off for us, but back then the tarriers weren't given a free ride along the way.  The sheep and Arabs were challenging. 

22 minutes ago, GeeSS said:

To be fair mate The Church of England is literally one step away from Rome. Did you know that their clergymen requested that the Pope make them priests? Papa told them to piss off. He refered to them only as Godly laymen. Rome doesnt recognise any Christian order or denomination outside of their own.

Archived