Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Has AJ given permission for a 4 year deal? It sounds like the length of deal AJ offered to Bain

Is AJ still functioning mentally? Going by his statement last week I thought he was gaga. 

27 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

4 fucking years?!

Unless someone on the board has a functioning crystal ball then what the fuck are they thinking?

Thats Gerrard’s agent getting a better deal off the back of yesterday for certain.

I know you’re unlikely to persuade a big name (not managerial quality) if you offer a 1 year rolling contract but if this goes tits up (and the odds are stacked in that direction) the we’ll be shelling out yet more compensation.

The only positive I can see is they must really truly believe he’s the guy and if they are giving him that sort of deal there has to be some kind of transfer kitty big enough to compete.

Tony B Liar truly believed there were weapons of mass destruction.

Doesn’t make it right....

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

Imo if its true you don't travel up here for more talks. If he's no keen to take it

He may be a very polite young man, who’s going to deliver his knock-back, face to face.

Just now, HG5 said:

Tony B Liar truly believed there were weapons of mass destruction.

Doesn’t make it right....

No that’s true but I would rather a board that has conviction and strong beliefs even if they are wrong over indecisiveness and a complete lack of direction.

3 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

No that’s true but I would rather a board that has conviction and strong beliefs even if they are wrong over indecisiveness and a complete lack of direction.

I take your point mate?

Story changes by the minute.

G-MONEY 

Rangers target Steven Gerrard wants more assurances over transfer warchest says close pal and former Liverpool teammate Danny Murphy

England legend Gerrard is set for another round of talks with Ibrox chiefs this week as he weighs up a move to Glasgow

By Ryan McDonald

30th April 2018, 11:36 am

DANNY MURPHY says close pal Steven Gerrard is seeking more assurances from the Rangers board over a transfer warchest.

Liverpool legend Gerrard is set for another round of talks with Ibrox chiefs this week as he weighs up a move to Glasgow.

Danny Murphy has been in close contact with Steven Gerrard

Yesterday’s 5-0 Old Firm hammering to celtic emphasised the huge gulf in class between both clubs as the Hoops wrapped up seven-in-a-row in style.

Murphy –who played with Gerrard at Anfield – has been in regular contact with his old teammate since he was approached by Gers.

And the former England, Liverpool and Fulham star confirmed Stevie G has yet to make up his mind on whether the time is right to leave his role at the Reds Academy.

He told talkSPORT: “The truth is there’s nothing definitive. He has had talks and they were positive. I think that’s a good thing for Rangers.

Gerrard is weighing up a move to Rangers

“He’s got more this week. He’s a really ambitious guy Steven. He always has been from the moment he walked onto the training pitch as a young lad but he’s also bright.

“And I don’t think he’s going to put himself in a position where he goes into a job with his hands tied in terms of the resources he’s got to compete with Brendan. Ironic really that Brendan’s at celtic.

“But the thing is, I think he is probably needing some more reassurances regarding what they can give him.

“The only thing with that is, how do you get concrete reassurances with something like that?

“I suppose as a football club Rangers can’t be trying to get someone like Steven who is young, hungry and ambitious to go there and try and compete and sell him a dummy.

“You have to think there’s some credibility in what they’re trying to do.

“He seemed excited, but without the confirmation of what it actually really entailed.”

Archived