Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

Why are people pissing there pants over how long it's taking?

'Seems to me this whole thing only came to light last week after King being spotted at Anfield

Its not something that will be done overnight, there are hurdles that need overcame that are going to take some time to get the resolution

SG is contracted wth BT so he's been busy the past 2 nights and he's stated he's back in talks with us today which IMO is ASAP.

Hes next seasons manager and there's 3 games left of this season.

i pray to fuck he isn't expected to work the remainder of this season or anything like that which I highly doubt would happen anyway

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, MattyBlue said:

Why are people pissing there pants over how long it's taking?

'Seems to me this whole thing only came to light last week after King being spotted at Anfield

Its not something that will be done overnight, there are hurdles that need overcame that are going to take some time to get the resolution

SG is contracted wth BT so he's been busy the past 2 nights and he's stated he's back in talks with us today which IMO is ASAP.

Hes next seasons manager and there's 3 games left of this season.

i pray to fuck he isn't expected to work the remainder of this season or anything like that which I highly doubt would happen anyway

If we appoint I’d guess he will take the role at the end of this season?

Think people are antsy about how long it’s taking with the Mcinness situation in mind - Saga that ended up a farce. 

Personally I’ll remain unconvinced until over the line as this falling through would be fitting of this season which has been embarrassment after embarrassment. 

3 minutes ago, Ryan_1 said:

Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if he walks away. 

Embarrassing yes, worrying yes but not the end of the world if we didn't get him. 

As much as I like Gerrard and believe there are some positives to him coming to the club, it's just not the time to be taking chances on a rookie. 

With things being conducted so publicly, it would be the end of this board for me.

They will have proven again they cannot conduct themselves in a professional manner, their judgment is poor at best and they lack the leadership and finances required to get us back to the top (last two points we already know). It also puts us in a position where other managers will look at us and wonder why the last two managers we have approached will have walked away. Means we are then looking at the Stuart McCall and Billy davies's of the world to fill the position. 

9 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

With things being conducted so publicly, it would be the end of this board for me.

They will have proven again they cannot conduct themselves in a professional manner, their judgment is poor at best and they lack the leadership and finances required to get us back to the top (last two points we already know). It also puts us in a position where other managers will look at us and wonder why the last two managers we have approached will have walked away. Means we are then looking at the Stuart McCall and Billy davies's of the world to fill the position. 

Nothing’s been “conducted” publicly. Not even in the slightest. Rangers have made no statements about Gerrard. He’s confirmed press rumours. I’m not a big supporter of this board, or even the Gerrard appointment, but making lies up about how they’ve went about it is embarrassing  :lol:

24 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Just get it done Rangers.

Have we not suffered enough these last 6 years. Anymore and I think I will break.

It's who can suffer the most but still come back fighting.

17 hours ago, gsa said:

People are overstating how hard his job could potentially be. 

We have been an absolute basket case, signings deplorable, fall outs, boardroom a car crash, Pedro, a girl guide leader replacing Pedro, etc

We don't need a miracle, we need competence. celtic are in general terms a poor side. They're just the best of a bad lot in Scotland. If they had anything about them they'd actually have won the league in march. 

A competent manager should have us picking up 3 points week after week against the fodder and that is at least enough to properly challenge.

Are you for real?

I think your understating the competition in our league, to expect a "competent" manager to get 3 points every game against everyone not celtic is the exact reason why cunts will hound Gerrard out the moment he suffers his first loss.

All that statement does is show how fucking inept this current board are at running this club that the team is going toe 2 toe with Hibs and Aberdeen for 2nd.

Gerrard has done nothing to prove any type of competency as a senior level manager, especially under the microscope and pressure he will get with us, and even a competent manager would struggle to get the best out of this current lot, there is still very big question marks on how much funding he will be given to recruit, and just because he's Gerrard doesn't mean players will come up here just for him, those type of days are gone - if they aren't being given good enough offers they'll fuck off elsewhere it's that simple and loaning a bunch of players because of his connections solves fuck all as there is likely hood again, they will fuck and leave us high and dry at the end.

While there is no doubt we can get back to challenging them for the title that is still very dependant on the getting the right man in for the job and also having the money to compete to recruit the right players.

And after the shit show King has so far presented, I'm dubious things will improve whilst he's in charge.  Without the proper backing the job here is fucking difficult we need to get that straight and stop thinking it's going to be an easy turnaround to get us back in the title race.

26 minutes ago, Ryan_1 said:

Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if he walks away. 

Embarrassing yes, worrying yes but not the end of the world if we didn't get him. 

As much as I like Gerrard and believe there are some positives to him coming to the club, it's just not the time to be taking chances on a rookie. 

I dont really want him as manager, but if he walks away its a PR disaster. I want it to go through now.

2 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

I dont really want him as manager, but if he walks away its a PR disaster. I want it to go through now.

Exactly. If he turns us down could you imagine the hardons the papers would get up here. It would just make up more lies

we most certainly do !

Speaking on Sky Sports show The Debate alongside ex-celtic star Craig Bellamy, Murphy opened up on his chat with Gerrard.

He said: “First and foremost, after speaking to him, I know there’s a couple more hurdles to jump before he decided on doing it.“And that is about what is going to be put in place to give him an opportunity to compete. 

“Because he’s very wary of going up there, taking the job and having your hands tied behind your back and then you fail. “I also think as well, even if he was given decent backing and it didn’t go so well, it’s not going to hurt him too much.

“People don’t expect him to go up there and win the league, do they? “The gap’s so big, isn’t it?”

16 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Cant see the presser being tomorrow think it'll rumble on into next week still think he'll take it tho.

You should have a look in the boardroom section cunts that think they’re ITK talking about admin one saying it’s been loosely discussed at boardroom level, if they really are in the know and the clubs as fucked as they say then there’s no chance Gerrard is coming here...

if he does take the job fuds rattling on about admin should be banned for being shit stirring, pish talking nobody’s ?

Archived