Dave King Press Conference on Monday

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I would rather we didnā€™t make our budget known.Ā 

If we did weā€™d probably be the only club in the world that lets others know our transfer kitty.Ā 

We need every advantage going forwardĀ 

I agree we don't need an exact figure, but too much vagueness allows for backpedalling later. We do have to know very significant investment is forthcoming. The retaliation from fans who renewed only to find they'd been diddled with the same old, same old, would not be pretty.

While we are in this mickey mouse league, nobody is going to come in with big money. I watched Ian Wright saying rumors of Arsenal putting in Ā£50M was chicken feed. LOL, if we get near Ā£10M it'll be a King's ransom, pardon the pun.

Ā 

On 05/05/2018 at 09:37, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Apparently amongst other news he's going to give us this is on the agenda !

Ā 

Ā 

IMG_6891.jpg

Hate to disappoint anyone but he didn't die in 1981,,, that was just the assassination attemptĀ 

1 minute ago, HG5 said:

I think youā€™re right to the extent of not disclosing the full valueĀ of the specific transfer budget.

On the other hand, weā€™re making the quantum leap of directorsā€™Ā loans & 2nd tier finance houses to bridge our funding gap, to being able to reassure SG that heā€™ll have a decent potĀ to spend.

Itā€™s not unreasonable to expect some sort of confirmation as to how this is going to happen.

In house yes - I am sure that detailĀ will be shared.Ā Externally at a media conference-Ā not aĀ chance.Ā 

Hopefully Words like ā€œsignificantā€ and ā€œsubstantialā€ and perhaps a new funding partnership maybe touted but non of the specifics.Ā 

17 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

I agree but if we donā€™t publically announce it we have a better chance of getting the players we want instead of 2nd choices

No don't get me wrong, i agree that we shouldn't be telling the world much we plan to spend.

6 minutes ago, Guardian said:

I agree we don't need an exact figure, but too much vagueness allows for backpedalling later. We do have to know very significant investment is forthcoming. The retaliation from fans who renewed only to find they'd been diddled with the same old, same old, would not be pretty.

As we have been diddled with the same old in recent times.

45 minutes ago, backup said:

Hasn't the departure of PM already been explained, Park snr said some very hurtful things to him at a board meeting, PM resigned on the spot also BS in sympathy, or so the story goes.

I don't believe Mini would throw his toys out the pram like that. Not over a few comments about his hair. The man is a perpetual Klingon who sold his soul to get on that board and I reckon he'd be virtually impossible to shift, especially with the Gerrard situation. He hasn't run to the papers either, which makes it doubly strange.Ā  A decision has been taken that has made his position untenable. Whether that involves Minty or Ashley or someone else remains to be seen, but we don't have all the bits of the jigsaw to put it together yet.

Just now, Guardian said:

I don't believe Mini would throw his toys out the pram like that. Not over a few comments about his hair. The man is a perpetual Klingon who sold his soul to get on that board and I reckon he'd be virtually impossible to shift, especially with the Gerrard situation. He hasn't run to the papers either, which makes it doubly strange.Ā  A decision has been taken that has made his position untenable. Whether that involves Minty or Ashley or someone else remains to be seen, but we don't have all the bits of the jigsaw to put it together yet.

You and me both.

2 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

In house yes - I am sure that detailĀ will be shared.Ā Externally at a media conference-Ā not aĀ chance.Ā 

Hopefully Words like ā€œsignificantā€ and ā€œsubstantialā€ and perhaps a new funding partnership maybe touted but non of the specifics.Ā 

Thatā€™s fair enough, mate - we might be spending Ā£20m on the premises, for all anybody external needs to know (figure plucked out of the air, for the sake of argument!).

Just be reassuring to know that some cash is coming in from somewhere?

8 minutes ago, Guardian said:

Agreed, seems a bit of a mystery mini going like this.

Ā 

1 minute ago, born a blue nose said:

If it's true we're looking at getting torres I'd be trying to get the ex man u winger memphis Depay. He would be perfect for good deliveries to torres.Ā 

Would love a commanding defender like mats hummels also.Ā 

Fuck it through in Sergio Ramos too

Can't win no matter what they do (if there is actually investment at all).

On one hand people will demand to know the number and be totally sceptical (rightly so) of words ole substantial etc with no transparency.

On the other hand people will shout that we have just driven prices up on ourselves by announcing an investment figure etc.

I would settle for the first option even if it leaves us all unsure as to the exact investment in the playing squad (which will differ to overall investment). Makes the summer exciting hopefully.

There's no need for King to provide specific details of incoming investment today, but he could cover the key bases by indicatingĀ that the outstanding loans and debts are going to be cleared, and the new manager will be given a significant budget to improve the playing squad. He chould also clarify the situation regarding his current breach of the court order. If he does all that, it will be a positive outcome. Ā Do I expect him to? No, don't think so. I think it will all be a bit more vague and woolly.Ā 

3 minutes ago, Trooblue said:

There's no need for King to provide specific details of incoming investment today, but he could cover the key bases by indicatingĀ that the outstanding loans and debts are going to be cleared, and the new manager will be given a significant budget to improve the playing squad. He chould also clarify the situation regarding his current breach of the court order. If he does all that, it will be a positive outcome. Ā Do I expect him to? No, don't think so. I think it will all be a bit more vague and woolly.Ā 

I too would hope that he will clarify that all loans etc will be cleared via upcoming share issue.

I would like him to clarify on the breach and I'm hoping it's "well I'm selling my stake to X and they will obtain more than 30% of the shareholding and therefore they will be required to make the offer to the shareholder base, therefore making my offer redundant"

Bit too much to hope for though lol.

Does anyone know if the club itself has said there's going to be a press conference or are we just going by keevins ?Ā 

If it's the former , I wouldn't trust a word he says .Ā 

Edit . Didn't mean former , meant keevins :lol:Ā 

1 minute ago, gmcf said:

Does anyone know if the club itself has said there's going to be a press conference or are we just going by keevins ?Ā 

If it's the former , I wouldn't trust a word he says .Ā 

I thought King mentioned it last week, but could be wrong.Ā 

Archived