McAllister wants to build from the back

Lloyd

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Jeez talk about pedantic loyal in this thread. 

So let’s see, the DoF gets the ok from Stevie that he is taking the job. He informs Stevie that they have been talking to Arflield and does he want those talks to continue, Stevie says yes.

We then have Stevie saying that it’s a team effort when it comes to players with the DoF and his assistant and Stevie and his team all working together on identifying players and deciding who comes in. 

But Arfield isn’t his singing. ?? Ok then. 

Gerrard didn’t sign him Allen did. I’m not criticising I’m just stating the fact. Gerrard hasn’t even started his job yet.

2 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Gerrard didn’t sign him Allen did. I’m not criticising I’m just stating the fact. Gerrard hasn’t even started his job yet.

Arfield is the first signing of the Steven Gerrard era at the club, and the new manager said:

“I am delighted to have added Scott Arfield to the squad for next season. 

https://Rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/gers-welcome-arfield-to-ibrox/

2 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Who cares who allegedly signed who? At the end of the day he has signed for The Rangers.

6 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

What was speculation about what Macca said?? 

Where did I say speculation?

I said sensationalistic headlines i.e. “Gerrard to make Rangers play Like Klopp’s team” or “Rangers to build from the back”

Both stories came from the Q&A and it’s like saying “Arfield targets treble” just because he said in his interview with RTV he thought this was the start of something good and thought we’d be successful over the coming years.

5 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Where did I say speculation?

I said sensationalistic headlines i.e. “Gerrard to make Rangers play Like Klopp’s team” or “Rangers to build from the back”

Both stories came from the Q&A and it’s like saying “Arfield targets treble” just because he said in his interview with RTV he thought this was the start of something good and thought we’d be successful over the coming years.

Who about you ignore the headline and just comment on what Macca actually said. 

13 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Allen will sign all the players that’s his job. 

So you don’t expect Arfield to play much next season?? 

4 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Who about you ignore the headline and just comment on what Macca actually said. 

That’s exactly what I have done but people read a headline and just go with it.

One day we are playing like Klopp’s sides the next we are building from the back (two contradictory statements by the way) where both came from the Q&A session minutes apart.

13 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I think his point is the signing was initiated by Allen and the scouting team (if rumours are believed to be true the it started in January window at which point Gerrard had nothing to do with us).

Gerrard said in the first press conference that it’s about working together with Allen and Scoulding on potential signings.

That means sometimes it’s Scoulding’s suggestion, sometimes it’s Gerrards and others Allen. Either way they discuss it and make a decision.

So Arfield was already in the pipeline and Gerrard was announced before anything was signed therefore he was asked if he was ok with it. So scouting teams identified signing given the seal of approval by Gerrard

8 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

I think his point is the signing was initiated by Allen and the scouting team (if rumours are believed to be true the it started in January window at which point Gerrard had nothing to do with us).

Gerrard said in the first press conference that it’s about working together with Allen and Scoulding on potential signings.

That means sometimes it’s Scoulding’s suggestion, sometimes it’s Gerrards and others Allen. Either way they discuss it and make a decision.

So Arfield was already in the pipeline and Gerrard was announced before anything was signed therefore he was asked if he was ok with it. So scouting teams identified signing given the seal of approval by Gerrard

So you agree then. 

Allen picked him Stevie agreed. ??

All that when a simple yes would’ve done

30 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Where did I say that? At least we can both agree Mark Allen signed him.

2 hours ago, Siwel said:

Gary McAllister says Rangers will be building from the back in transfer market

15 May 18

NEW Rangers assistant manager Gary McAllister has hinted Steven Gerrard will prioritise sorting out their side’s defence first as they prepare to start their Ibrox revolution.

Rangers ended the season in third place for the second season in a row as they finished behind Aberdeen in second and champions celtic.

Liverpool legends Gerrard and McAllister will take over at Rangers on June 1 and it’s certain to be a fascinating adventure.

Read more: Lee McCulloch: No case for the Rangers defence, new arrivals are vital

The pair have spent the past few days in Dubai as ambassadors of Liverpool and they appeared at the LFC World event in the United Arab Emirates.

The pair watched Rangers’ thrilling 5-5 with Hibs on Sunday and were spotted in animated conversation during the encounter.

And the 53-year-old, who won 57 caps for Scotland, admitted the Easter Road showdown gave him and his new boss plenty of food for thought.

He said: “When you watch the game and see a scoreline of 5-5 I think that kind of suggests what’s wrong...

“But there’s a lot of positives too. Going forward and scoring five goals away from home is good at least.

Read more: Proud Scott Arfield says lure of boss Steven Gerrard will tempt more stars to Rangers

“Look, it’s going to be a tough task. 

“When I first sat down with Steven I saw the glint in his eye about the job of managing Rangers. I could see the hunger and desire and I’m exactly the same.

“We are going to go up to Glasgow and give it our best shot.

“I’m really, really excited about it and so is Steven. Rangers are a massive, massive club and it will be a great challenge for us.”

Yeah, tell us something we don't already know FFS. 

Arfield is a Mark Allen signing that was ok'd by Steven Gerrard. If he didn't want him he would have said naw.

I'm certain that Gerrard already knows we need strengthened all over the park, including defence.

He doesn't even have his feet under the managers table yet, wait till 1st of June when he officially starts his job and the transfer window opens. Then we should all have a fairer idea of where he is going to strengthen and with whom.

Next few weeks are going to be filled with absolute media pish about this player and that player.......wait and see who we actually sign/are interested in, not listen to media shite.

I wonder will SG return to the tried and tested.

"Rangers like the big strong powerful fellows, with a bit of strength and solidity in the tackle, rather than the frivolous, quick moving stylists like Jimmy Johnstone, small, tiptoe-throughs the tulips type of players who excite people." - Willie Waddell, Rangers manager 1972

3 hours ago, rangersross said:

Rubbish article but anyone could see that our number one priority has to be sorting the (central) defence. Hopefully see some movement soon. The season’s just ended but we’ll be facing those qualifiers before you know it. 

Agreed, we can all see it except the guys who can do something about it.

We've had half a dozen "Managers" and it still needs addressed.

2 hours ago, Siwel said:

Gerrard had the option to Veto it but was fine with the transfer, he’s still not his signing tho.

Gerrard has signed his managerial contract. He is the permanent manager who has not officially started but who clearly has unofficially. Being introduced, attending Auchenhowie, bringing in his staff, authorising non retention of loanees etc.

He authorised the signing which was in the pipeline.

Its his signing even if he isn't formally in the door yet.