Modern day heroes

12 hours ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Are we genuinely lacking in players the whole support rally round as one?

After seeing the Gerrard airport video he is still a hero regardless of pastures new and are happy he's taking the job here.

Meanwhile we've Ferguson posing at the piggery and McCoist a divided man amongst the support.

I can only think of Ian Ferguson who really is one of us and someone who unites the support yet isn't involved anywhere near the club.

Who are genuine Rangers modern heroes and why aren't there enough of them?

Albertz, Novo, Numan, McCann, Mol's, Ricksen. Think there's a few. 

17 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Only people wee can trust these days are ourselfs the support , back in the day I had loads Gazza being my all time fave closely followed by laudrup , Big Albertz to ????

When Albert's got within 30yrds with space in front of him - "SHOOT!!"

When you think about what gerrard was to liverpool as a player, captain and ambassador it is no surprise the adulation he does, and will always get from the scousers.Local boy who played his whole carreer with them and scored momentous goals in the biggest games, often leading by example and getting the team by the scruff of the neck when needed to turn a game round. CL final being the obvious case in point. No we have never had someone with that impact playing for us in my lifetime. Hero wise, Coop will always be my all time hero. Just glad to have someone of Stevie G stature grace our magnificent club tbh.

Feel sorry for the younger crowd citing Lee Wallace as a hero... what he done was commendable but he is never a Rangers hero in my eyes...

Heroes for me having started watching Rangers in the mid 90's are Albertz, Durrant, McCoist, Ian and Barry Ferguson, Gough, Goram, Laudrup, Gazza, Amoruso, McCann, and then to a slightly lesser extent some like Klos, Numan, De Boer, Novo, Boyd.... all these players provided me with many happy memories.  That 9IAR team were just unbelievable and during the Advocaat era we really should have had a proper go at the Champions League or the UEFA Cup... the amount of times we seemed to be drawn in groups of death and narrowly fall out of the group stages was unbelievable.  Those games against Parma when they had a beast of a team live long in the memory.

27 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Class player mate unreal how many goals he scored and made against them , a proper Rangers player 

Went to a pre season game against Dumbarton down at the rock.freezing cold day and  We got a free kick 30 yards out. Big Albertz hit it straight at the wall and hit one of them. The scream from the poor guy was fucking hilarious. Class big guy and a proper legend 

7 minutes ago, Pedrosrightfoot said:

Went to a pre season game against Dumbarton down at the rock.freezing cold day and  We got a free kick 30 yards out. Big Albertz hit it straight at the wall and hit one of them. The scream from the poor guy was fucking hilarious. Class big guy and a proper legend 

??class mate ????, must been shitting it in the wall probs be hoping he scored ??

On 27/05/2018 at 01:16, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

Gazza and Laudrup for me, I do think it's shit that a lot of our ex players get slated to fuck, some of them really don't help themselves tbh, others have opinions formed from reading story's on here etc

To be honest tho I think if we were all in the airport tanked up on our way to a champions league final most ex or current players would get mobbed like that in the excitement.

Gough for me too from the same era 

On 27/05/2018 at 01:03, ForeverAndEver said:

Only ever had two 'heroes' from a Rangers point of view in all honesty, Barry Ferguson and Lee Wallace

I feel grateful that I'm that wee bit older than you when I read statements like this.

Lee Wallace as your Rangers hero :depressed:

On 27/05/2018 at 06:31, Ozblue said:

Seeing as how the opening question was:  Are we genuinely lacking in players the whole support rally round as one? If we are talking about current players then the answer is yes we are lacking, because we have nobody that could do that.

In fact, of past players, the majority of them who still are real Bluenoses and stand by us as a club are foreigners who still regard Rangers FC as "Their club" even although they went on and played for other clubs, or playe3d at other clubs before they cam to Ibrox.

john greig   1 club no messing no rumours  always happy with his perfomances but he hit the wall as manager.like someone else.