VAR in the SPL?

7 minutes ago, Malvern said:

If you bring in VAR you are by definition changing the rules mate. Just add the caveats and that is it in action.

Right mate, as I understand it, VAR is used on the discretion of the referee and officials, we both agree aye?

You are proposing that the discretion should be down to players/managers, and that each side should have 3 attempts as in Tennis, to which I sort of agree with, so it would require a change in the virgin VAR rules,?

12 minutes ago, 2nd Flute said:

Right mate, as I understand it, VAR is used on the discretion of the referee and officials, we both agree aye?

You are proposing that the discretion should be down to players/managers, and that each side should have 3 attempts as in Tennis, to which I sort of agree with, so it would require a change in the virgin VAR rules,?

I don't see the point in the ref being the final arbiter of the judgement as they just get heckled all the time by players/managers and we have scenes like yesterdays match which were a farce at times. If the ref didn't give something he didn't see it as a problem so bitching about it after isn't really a helpful solution and in that aspect makes VAR a scapegoat for an idiot/biased/blind ref to "review" the incident.

Give the Managers/Captain on the field 30 seconds to call for a review of a specific incident and three tries your done. Will stop all the running after the ref and crying for hours about how you didn't get the "stonewaller" of a penalty that never was or a red card. In cricket the umpire themselves can step in and ask for a review on a specific decision they find too close to call (penalty, red card, offside decisions only in my view but you could add violent conduct as well) which could also be implimented to allow the useless prick in black to feel important.

2 minutes ago, Malvern said:

I don't see the point in the ref being the final arbiter of the judgement as they just get heckled all the time by players/managers and we have scenes like yesterdays match which were a farce at times. If the ref didn't give something he didn't see it as a problem so bitching about it after isn't really a helpful solution and in that aspect makes VAR a scapegoat for an idiot/biased/blind ref to "review" the incident.

Give the Managers/Captain on the field 30 seconds to call for a review of a specific incident and three tries your done. Will stop all the running after the ref and crying for hours about how you didn't get the "stonewaller" of a penalty that never was or a red card. In cricket the umpire themselves can step in and ask for a review on a specific decision they find too close to call (penalty, red card, offside decisions only in my view but you could add violent conduct as well) which could also be implimented to allow the useless prick in black to feel important.

I like the idea mate, let's remember footballers are cheats, lol, 3 shots each as you say, they'd still complain to the referee lol, any cunt waving imaginary yellows to refs, if it proved to be shite,send the cunt off, cunts ripping shirts off opponents at corners, book them, good to see England score the other night, after the Panama antics.

39 minutes ago, Heshootshescores said:

Our game is corrupt all the way to the top, and just like Blatters FIFA they will do everything they can to prevent control being taken from them. 

If you think decisions were bad last season watch how bad they become when we next challenge for the league. 

Yes there's corruption, not everyone is corrupt, if that's the thinking, let's forget next season, there's no point?

No . I don't think it's been a complete success at the WC , and I sure as he'll wouldn't trust our lot to run it properly here either . 

I'm sure I saw a ref in one of the games refuse to VAR what seemed a good penalty appeal , which leads me to think that we are really just shifting the onus of bad decisions to whether or not a ref decides to watch it . You can just imagine some of the more vocal managers getting decisions to view an incident just to give the ref peace , never mind those refs that feel they have to apologise to a certain manager whenever they call it wrong . 

No , I'd rather we just went with the refs call on this until we can get a more robust set up than what weve had already .

Actually think Rugby's got a better system anyway .

It will open a can of worms, people are going to expect every decision to go the way they think it should an if it dosent somebody’s at it

A ref who dosent have the option to use VAR can be put down to human error when making  split second decisions, a ref who does have it an still makes the wrong call is an idiot who shouldn’t be a ref or is biased towards a certain team.

in my own opinion, i savour the wins we don’t deserve as much as the ones we do so I’m biased towards VAR anyway, it takes away the excitement of the unknown for me

Football is way too emotive and subjective for VAR.  IF you got 3 people looking at any contentious decision you’d get 5 different opinions.  There have been some farcical, albeit entertaining, moments already in this World Cup.

Will it happen next season, no idea really but it will happen eventually and anyone thinking otherwise needs to get back on their meds.   In the WC it has neither been an outstanding success nor has it been a complete failure but it certainly needs to be tweaked.  Would like to see the stats on how many times it is used in the WC and how many decisions were changed as a result.  

Not sure if it is related to the VAR but this has been a pretty clean WC, so far.

On 26/06/2018 at 23:35, 2nd Flute said:

Yes there's corruption, not everyone is corrupt, if that's the thinking, let's forget next season, there's no point?

Well we could give up I suppose, but having just got ourselves a decent management team I would rather give it a shot, hopefully with VAR ensuring we get a fair chance.