VAR in the SPL?

3 hours ago, BarclayClansmen said:

On this evidence VAR is pointless. The pauses are too long and lots of decisions aren’t even being looked at. Why they bought a new tech into the pinnacle of international football tournaments is beyon me. It needs years to mature into a usable system.

Its not a new tech though, its been used all season in some of the top leagues and countries in the world.

6 hours ago, K.A.I said:

No. Just absolutely howling referee performances and decisions. I'll tell you what, next season I'll keep a list of dubious decisions we get and we can compare the end of the season. A few months back someone did the same on here and there was loads of dubious calls we got ourselves.

I know I'm in a minority on this so not looking for an argument but you can't make me see something I don't think's there.

The last bit about Hibs is fuck-all to do with the ref's and everything to do with Rangers-hating football governing bodies and establishments including the Scottish Government, Police Scotland and lying reporters for the Daily Record too. The evidence of corruption for those bodies and beyond is absolutely frightening what's been stacked and levvied against us. 

So going by your last few paragraphs .Isn't it possible that corruption is now within our refs more than ever 

You will be a busy man mate keeping track of the bad decisions going against us next season .Nailed on certainty 

8 hours ago, tannerall said:

As I mentioned before the SFA are already trialling this type of technology,

Basically, the SFA VAR will look at controversial decisions, run it past a small group of qualified, experience Scottish refereeing officials, and then award a penalty to cellic. 

..... with Ryan Jack sent off

I'm completely against VAR, football as a sport is incredibly healthy just now - what happened to the auld "if it's not broke don't fix it" idea?

A lot of the passion for football and football teams comes from refereeing mistakes, it's another pillar to the game which shouldn't be fully or partially removed, one that supporters talk about day in day out. It creates animosity between clubs and supporters - which is also healthy for the game because this helps to keep and create rivalry.

VAR is just another method of sanitising the game and will end up making it more boring.

At the end of the day I think a big part of our problem is our players aren't as streetwise as other team's players and are easily played upon.

Maybe Gerrard will make a difference.

Fuck VAR

10 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

I'm completely against VAR, football as a sport is incredibly healthy just now - what happened to the auld "if it's not broke don't fix it" idea?

A lot of the passion for football and football teams comes from refereeing mistakes, it's another pillar to the game which shouldn't be fully or partially removed, one that supporters talk about day in day out. It creates animosity between clubs and supporters - which is also healthy for the game because this helps to keep and create rivalry.

VAR is just another method of sanitising the game and will end up making it more boring.

At the end of the day I think a big part of our problem is our players aren't as streetwise as other team's players and are easily played upon.

Maybe Gerrard will make a difference.

Fuck VAR

The decision making is broken. 

As we saw last night,  and in previous games, the technology depends on a competent referee using sensible judgements about when to use it. Given that Scottish referees are still struggling with the 'technology' of the whistle and the flag, I would not want them anywhere near VAR. Our priority should be a clear-out of our current referee training programmes and personnel, with the aim of replacing the shambolic amateurs we currently have with a set of decent, competent professionals. Everything else is secondary to that. 

35 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

?? oh look that old chestnut, your not doing well so the Refs are shit. 

we should be above blaming referees however for several years now we haven't been

i find it quite pathetic, football has never been 100% fair, however we have aimed to be so good poor refereeing decisions have not mattered to us

VAR is not the answer, we have to get our own house in order

42 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

we should be above blaming referees however for several years now we haven't been

i find it quite pathetic, football has never been 100% fair, however we have aimed to be so good poor refereeing decisions have not mattered to us

VAR is not the answer, we have to get our own house in order

Above pointing out that someone isn’t doing their job properly. ??

Your one of those happy clapper chaps that wants everyone to win a medal even if they are shit. 

So we get our house in order but it’s ok if the Refs are crap and don’t get their house in order. ?? So if we lose the Cup Final to a penalty that never was and VAR would’ve showed this it’s our fault?? 

Your a taigs wet dream. 

31 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Above pointing out that someone isn’t doing their job properly. ??

Your one of those happy clapper chaps that wants everyone to win a medal even if they are shit. 

So we get our house in order but it’s ok if the Refs are crap and don’t get their house in order. ?? So if we lose the Cup Final to a penalty that never was and VAR would’ve showed this it’s our fault?? 

Your a taigs wet dream. 

Var doesn’t stop bad decisions

11 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Hope not.

Imagine greetin' faced bastards like Levein, Rogers, Lennon wanting the game stopped every few minutes wanting penalties and cunts sent off? 

The ref's are shite, but it is what it is - invest the time and money in training them and bringing through competent ones instead.

that would require finding competent ref's that didnt attend RC Schools.