Tav captain?

Just now, rabc10000 said:

yes your correct regards our home form all season, however the whole season literally came down to that game vs the sheep for 2nd place.  IF we had won i think it would have needed a 10 goal swing to give them 2nd IF we won up there??  so by drawing it effectively gave them 2nd.

Nah we still could have finished above them but the tarriers players were already on the beaches by that point.

Just now, Siwel said:

Nah we still could have finished above them but the tarriers players were already on the beaches by that point.

unfortunately thats the joys of playing a team that had already won the league.  as i said beat aberdeen then dont throw away lead vs hibs and we would be 2nd therefore that cunt tavernier was happy to settle for third in my eyes.  be honest could you imagine butcher, gough big amo etc leaving pittodrie knowing the importance of the result being delighted with it???

Just now, rabc10000 said:

unfortunately thats the joys of playing a team that had already won the league.  as i said beat aberdeen then dont throw away lead vs hibs and we would be 2nd therefore that cunt tavernier was happy to settle for third in my eyes.  be honest could you imagine butcher, gough big amo etc leaving pittodrie knowing the importance of the result being delighted with it???

Didn’t see Gough or Butcher and was too young to Remember Amo but I did say it’s shite that he was happy with a point. Gerrard can hopefully change his mentality.

4 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Hearing he's been given the armband. 

Quite a shite decision

Fucking awful decision for an awful defender,  never a defender in his life, with proper coaching and teaching him football tactics spacial awareness etc, he could be a great attacking midfielder. 

2 hours ago, TMB said:

I’m a huge fan of Tavernier so happy at this news (if true).  If we do go with three CBs and attacking wing-backs this could be a really big opportunity for him to shine.  He could turn out to be one of our best players this season.  

Every beggar in this Country will be his biggest fans 

If he is in starting 11 next season with Windass .They will have every reason to be clapping their hands with expectation 

2 hours ago, OnwardsandUpwards said:

Hopefully not.Said it before he is a defender that can’t defend.Anyone who witnessed his performances as captain last season would have grave reservations about this.He doesn’t inspire or motivate players when the going gets tough and usually is found wanting in these circumstances himself.

Spot on .It's so true but the blind can't see it 

1 hour ago, eejay the dj said:

Every beggar in this Country will be his biggest fans 

If he is in starting 11 next season with Windass .They will have every reason to be clapping their hands with expectation 

If we have a keeper who can command his area, 3 solid CBs that are dominant in the air, then there’s absolutely a place in the starting eleven for both Tavernier and John as wingbacks.  

As a wingback there will be a lot less pressure on Tavernier defensively and he’ll be able to focus on attacking more which he’s great at.  Let’s not forget he got just as many goals and assists as Forrest who was nominated for POTY.  Tavernier put chances on a plate for Morelos against celtic and Hibs but unfortunately our striker blew those chances.

Without the ball I think John and Tavernier will come back and give us five across the back but in attack they’ll bomb forward and be our width. I think Tavernier has the potential to be an outstanding player at SPFL level if we can play to his strengths and get things right through the middle.  Let’s not forget, most of our goals were lost through the middle of the pitch last season and I’d put that down to a weak central midfield and inability to establish a solid CB pairing.

47 minutes ago, TMB said:

If we have a keeper who can command his area, 3 solid CBs that are dominant in the air, then there’s absolutely a place in the starting eleven for both Tavernier and John as wingbacks.  

As a wingback there will be a lot less pressure on Tavernier defensively and he’ll be able to focus on attacking more which he’s great at.  Let’s not forget he got just as many goals and assists as Forrest who was nominated for POTY.  Tavernier put chances on a plate for Morelos against celtic and Hibs but unfortunately our striker blew those chances.

Without the ball I think John and Tavernier will come back and give us five across the back but in attack they’ll bomb forward and be our width. I think Tavernier has the potential to be an outstanding player at SPFL level if we can play to his strengths and get things right through the middle.  Let’s not forget, most of our goals were lost through the middle of the pitch last season and I’d put that down to a weak central midfield and inability to establish a solid CB pairing.

That is decent and fair comeback TMB

Still not convinced though

38 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

That is decent and fair comeback TMB

Still not convinced though

MON played a 3 CB system with wingbacks and had success domestically and in Europe.  His right wingback was Agathe who was terrible on the ball.  Agathe would use his pace to get forward then kick the ball in to the stand more often than not which was a constant source of frustration for them.  Agathe might have been better defensively but I certainly think Tavernier is a better overall footballer for that position and we can have success with him.  In Scotland we should be dominating possession most of the time so ability in the ball is important and Tavernier certainly has that.  If we can get the back three right, and get two solid CMs in front of it, Tavernier could be a major asset for us.  This will be a big season for Taverbier and I have high hopes for John too.  

I’d also add that it’s important to have two attack minded wingbacks otherwise we’ll end up with 5 across the back in Scottish football and we don’t want that.  We need guys who want to get forward in those wide areas.  

During Izaguirre’s debut season he won Scotland’s POTY because he was attacking constantly - It didn’t matter than he couldn’t defend.  If we can get things right at the back and through the middle I see no reason why Tavernier can’t have that same level of impact for us as an attacking wingback.  Games in which we need a bit more defensively Flanagan is now an option as Gerrard stated very recently we won’t be gung-ho all the time.

5 hours ago, rabc10000 said:

this has massive alarm bells ringing now for me regards gerrards ability as a manager.  

genuinely getting a tad concerned now whether gerrard knows what he has let himself in for and the standards we accept

FFS  ?

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

If he doesn't sharpen up, he'll be oot the fucking door, along with Winders.

McShagger is the man.

Doubt Gerrard’s about to punt him since he’s just made him captain.