Gerrard, Arfield & Murphy Post Match Reaction (Bury)

Just now, MasterD said:

Aye. Looked like him, McCrorie, Arfield.

Murphy left, Windass right, Morelos middle.

Strange one. He's got the legs to play in the middle and maybe get into the box/beyond the striker but his strength is getting crosses in

Not sure how I feel about that

11 minutes ago, Goosetav said:

Strange one. He's got the legs to play in the middle and maybe get into the box/beyond the striker but his strength is getting crosses in

Not sure how I feel about that

Think SG will be looking to bring in better quality there. Can’t see him and Windass starting if we get the targets he’s after. 

Just now, graeme_4 said:

Think SG will be looking to bring in better quality there. Can’t see him and Windass starting if we get the targets he’s after. 

I think Candeias is good enough to be a starter. He needs some competition though, when he was good last year he was quality but he had some dips but he had no one to keep him on his toes.

Still hoping Windass goes

2 hours ago, Bears r us said:

Really surprised that Tav has continued as captain and did not think he was great tonight, but I will have to trust Stevie G on this one at the moment, he seems to think he has the qualities needed. :unsure:

It is a difficult one I will agree, as a captain I would want better communication, leadership and doing your day job properly. However on the other side maybe he has the personality for it that he will not lose the rag with a ref and get things calmed down and be able to talk to players. Don't know the answers but just spit balling an idea at the end here.

Gerrard was a Captain and knows what it took and how to get the troops into line when he could, he says Tav is the Cap for the season then he is. I am sure if you're going to learn anything from anyone it is that man and god mend you if you fall short.

4 hours ago, Goosetav said:

Didn't see the game, going by Arfield's interview Candeias played through the middle?

McCrorie.. although raw... showed again that he can develop into an excellent defensive mid for us and make a big difference in our overall approach 

Gerrard's passion is clear. His "go for it when you smell blood" (paraphrased quote) is good to hear.

Hopefully means that when we are u 2-0 or 3-1 we can see the team are on the ropes aand we dont just sit back. We physically go for it.

21 minutes ago, tm91 said:

Really liked Gerrard's interview there, you can tell he already understands this club in a way other managers just haven't.

Also interested in how quick he was to defend Tav as his captain there. I wonder if Tavernier has stepped up this summer - I have a sneaky feeling some of these players might end up being very different players to the ones we saw last year.

God help us if they dont. 

he says "stupid goals" a minute in...he obviously been watching us for a while last season!

ill be honest, when i first heard he was gonna be the manager, my brain went wtf, then a view interviews later i'm getting caught up in the belief

8 hours ago, Malvern said:

It is a difficult one I will agree, as a captain I would want better communication, leadership and doing your day job properly. However on the other side maybe he has the personality for it that he will not lose the rag with a ref and get things calmed down and be able to talk to players. Don't know the answers but just spit balling an idea at the end here.

Gerrard was a Captain and knows what it took and how to get the troops into line when he could, he says Tav is the Cap for the season then he is. I am sure if you're going to learn anything from anyone it is that man and god mend you if you fall short.

Good points M, I just hope it works for everyone, will be delighted to say I was wrong. :thumbup: