***The Official Rangers V Hearts Match Thread***

ForeverAndEver

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

You won't give the same 11 a break after the effort they'd put in over 135 mins? They had a game sewn up against the league leaders in 35 mins.

The second 45 countless chances were made and it could have been 5,6,7. Tiredness caught up but the game was won at half time.

Some of our support are an absolute joke at times?

Just now, Sweettartangirl said:

If we can play like the first half, away,  we will be sorted.  

You could see how tired the lads were getting,  but they carried on pushing as much as they physically could. 

I'm a little wet and frozen so time for another whisky!  Cheers.  

Bet you are!

5 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

I'm fucking delighted with the result but we make things more difficult for ourselves than they need to be. Was fucking shitting myself last 15 mins as I've seen it too many times before. If we had drawn that our season would have been fucked. Psychology we wouldn't have recovered. That's why Iam angry.

I think as fans we are more nervous than the players actually are.

Just now, The Monk said:

Next game week after the international break is huge as well as we have Hamilton away whilst the tims are playing Hibs and Hearts are playing the sheep.

Yeah that's a huge weekend. Get the win and hope the others do damage to each other. 

Break also allows us time to get players back up to fitness grezda, dorrans etc. 

35 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

:lol:

wow man.

what a fucking pathetic bunch some.of our support are.

these match threads are fucking potty

Absolutely.

It’s birthday card pish if people expect us to go all out in the second half.

We’ve had a taxing week so we dropped the intensity a bit and seen out a game that was over before halftime comfortably.

18 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

:lol:

wow man.

what a fucking pathetic bunch some.of our support are.

these match threads are fucking potty

These threads should honestly get banned, utter riddy reading them at times. 

Just now, The Monk said:

Next game week after the international break is huge as well as we have Hamilton away whilst the tims are playing Hibs and Hearts are playing the sheep.

I think Hibs might actually go for it rather than lying down to them - they've got a chance to go top of the table with a win if Hearts lose or draw (latter on goal difference). Same kick off time, iirc, as the Hearts/Aberdeen game.

Just now, DBBTB said:

Absolutely.

We’ve had a taxing week so we dropped the intensity a bit and seen a game that was over before halftime comfortably.

I'll be honest mate I thought we'd struggle today. Didn't comment on it pre match but it was niggling at me. Hearts were flying and we had just come off a game on Thursday in which the Rapid captain commented that the pace we played them at left them struggling for.breath. it had me thinking that if that was how they felt then our players must be fucked.

That was a great first 45 and to.have it sewn up by HT was fantastic 

Really enjoyed the first half - we played brilliant and dominated them- thought it would be 5-0 at half time.

Took our feet of the pedal in the 2nd half, had our chances- but I would take that result before the game

Well done Rangers and to all the supporters who turned up to watch us kick their butt's  !!!!!

Anyone who says they wouldn't have taken 3-1 before the game is a liar. 

However after leading 3-0 at half time I expected a more positive 2nd half performance, especially when Hearts went down to 10 men and it really didn't knock them out of their stride. Our slackness at the back, particularly Goldson's distribution, is a concern but all in all a good win to follow up the Rapid game. 

And a much needed win at that, seeing how the other teams in the top 6 have got on this weekend. 

5 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Absolutely.

We’ve had a taxing week so we dropped the intensity a bit and seen a game that was over before halftime comfortably.

This. Not one of the hearts players celebrated getting a goal back. They knew they were well beat even with 20 mins or so left.

Archived