Gerarrds Fault

berkshirebear

4 minutes ago, keithgersbear said:

We have no consistency, it's been like that all season so far. Hearts find themselves top, which won't last long but it's much better than us. Every game in the league is a slog, we aren't blowing teams away week in week out and we are conceding a lot of goals, silly goal at that. So I'd need to be reminded why I should be confident of it?

You need to be reminded of why I think we will finish above Hearts? 

1 minute ago, Tomatasauce said:

That’s just making excuses, Davie weir played 60 games in a season for us at 39 or something 

we have a young team, there is no chance they are physically knackered, mentally they are weak and that’s a problem, you don’t make it at Rangers if your mentally weak.

they should be kicking gerrards office door off the hinges demanding not to be rotated, but be dropped if their performances drop, not many of our players were regulars at their clubs when we signed them maybe there’s a reason for that 

Aye, in a season. From July through to the end of May. So far we're not even four months in. (At this point in 2007/08 Weir had played 20 times). Nobody - or at least I've not - said they are knackered. It's about making sure they are at their best through the full season.

3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Stevie if you are reading this your midfield for Sunday is Rossiter - Jack - Arfield. You need to make changes. You can't keep running out Coulibaly and Ejaria when they are playing so poorly.

Don't know if you want to be throwing Rossiter in against the hatchet men with his injury record. 

Mccrorie might be a better shout with Jack and Arfield. 

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Aye, in a season. From July through to the end of May. So far we're not even four months in. (At this point in 2007/08 Weir had played 20 times). Nobody - or at least I've not - said they are knackered. It's about making sure they are at their best through the full season.

We won’t be in all 4 competitions as long as we were that season, we are already out of one, and after tonight potentially two, so by the end of the season they won’t have matched weirs appearance tally. Agreed?

ok you might not have said they are knackered but that’s the only point in rotation, I’m saying they should be able to play 26 games in a row and not be tired, so play our best team as much as possible and only change the odd player if he’s had a couple of poor games

Just now, BlueKnight87 said:

Don't know if you want to be throwing Rossiter in against the hatchet men with his injury record. 

Mccrorie might be a better shout with Jack and Arfield. 

Can't keep making excuses. plastic pitches, hatchet men etc. The wee man tackles harder than anyone else.

Just now, Tomatasauce said:

We won’t be in all 4 competitions as long as we were that season, we are already out of one, and after tonight potentially two, so by the end of the season they won’t have matched weirs appearance tally. Agreed?

Did you really think we would be in the Europa still with a team that’s only been put together for 5-6 months? 

3 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

We are one point behind the leaders..... fuck it - we could potentially win the fucker...

McCrorie, Rossiter, Jack, Coulibaly (started well but has faded badly) Halliday, Ejaria.

That’s a major part of our problem this season. All players who either offer next to nothing when they go past the half way line or who usually play it safe and pass it sideways or backwards most of the time.

We were crying out for a “10” who can create and an “8” who will drive forward from the middle of the park with pace and power.

4 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

ok you might not have said they are knackered but that’s the only point in rotation, I’m saying they should be able to play 26 games in a row and not be tired, so play our best team as much as possible and only change the odd player if he’s had a couple of poor games

I doubt that they will. It's not the only point in rotation. It's about keeping them as close to their best as possible, stopping them from thinking their place is automatically guaranteed in the side and getting complacent, giving others a chance to play and improve and matching up with specific threats posed by the opposition and a host of other reasons.

Just now, DBBTB said:

McCrorie, Rossiter, Jack, Coulibaly (started well but has faded badly) Halliday, Ejaria.

That’s a major part of our problem this season. All players who either offer next to nothing when they go past the half way line or who usually play it safe and pass it sideways or backwards most of the time.

We were crying out for a “10” who can create and an “8” who will drive forward from the middle of the park with pace and power. 

I can't help thinking Dorrans and Murphy were players Gerrard would have looked to use in that role (or at least allowed others like Kent to move in centrally and play Murphy wide left) but injuries have thrown a spanner in the works there.

3 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

It’s Gerrards fault a 30 yard strike takes the worst deflection you’ll see in Europe this week. 

Lol

This... plus Morelos goal chopped off and Flano failing to clear the ball properly for the 3rd.

Do think we should've stuck with Worral and Halliday tonight though but we should've won that game and it was down to poor individual mistakes and bad luck rather than our game plan from the manager

Shat the bed big time tonight. Taking the lead away from home in Europe 3 times and not getting a point is criminal. 

It could have been a famous result but we fucked it. We were nowhere near to getting tactically correct. We might have conceded from individual errors but they looked like scoring everytime they went forward

7 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

In all honesty I think we’re out but I put potentially so it didn’t seem to doom and gloom for you positive geezers

We have definitely hit a bad patch, but we have had/have so many injuries etc.. potentially we might go out... we might potentially go through.. who knows - nobody thought we would be here right now.

1 minute ago, SasaPapacLoyal said:

Shat the bed big time tonight. Taking the lead away from home in Europe 3 times and not getting a point is criminal. 

It could have been a famous result but we fucked it. We were nowhere near to getting tactically correct. We might have conceded from individual errors but they looked like scoring everytime they went forward

Well... factually we were near to getting it right. We had a genuine goal chopped off - that puts us at 4-4. The could have scored, but didnt - we also had chances... but we actually scored a goal that was wrongfully chopped off. So... we WERE near to getting it right.

27 minutes ago, The Dude said:

You're having a laugh? Cunts were desperate to go the third division so we could all watch teams 'die'.

I thought you meant the fans. I don't disagree that going to the third division has damaged us but ultimately it wasn't the OUR decision.

So I understand by saying "I've said it countless times on here but the clamour to go to the third division has absolutely fucked us" are you blaming us? Even partly?