BlueMe

Perspective

15 hours ago, Sket said:

"Remember where we have been"

Away and take a flying fuck. 

Worth remembering where Gerrard has taken us, rather where we’ve been. 

We’ve gone from Progress to raging we’re not winning in Russia, and still in with a chance of qualifying. 

League form has been patchy, but we’ll finish second. 

Still in with a chance of the Scottish cup. 

Like it or not, that’s probably more than the objectives set for him by the board. 

• Like 3

The embarrassment last night was that team was there for the taking and we failed and beat ourselves looking at the results from the championship only shows how far we have fallen if that's considered our Benchmark. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

You should just stop watching football tbh

Whatever....

5 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Not qualifying in the last 4 year isn't a champ league team

Didn't realise there was a cut off point tbh.

I should've probably said champions league and Europa league in my original post. Sorry everyone.  

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I’m fat

Go to the gym and eat less mate.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Smile said:

The embarrassment last night was that team was there for the taking and we failed and beat ourselves looking at the results from the championship only shows how far we have fallen if that's considered our Benchmark. 

Bang on, only we can snatch defeat from the Jaws of victory, refusing to adapt from 433 or to make the right subs at the right time is costing us and not only in Europe, one win in five is worrying big time. 

11 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

We’ve gone from Progress to raging we’re not winning in Russia, and still in with a chance of qualifying. 

Like it or not, that’s probably more than the objectives set for him by the board. 

I'm not raging we didn't win,I'm raging with the manner in which we lost. There's a difference. I didn't expect to come away from that game with anything last night before the game started.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

This current squad wont finish second.

To win the Scottish Cup we’ll need someone to beat the tarriers..

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Still won't win it,we'd get to the semis and shite ourselves.

1 minute ago, Sket said:

Still won't win it,we'd get to the semis and shite ourselves.

Yip.

another game at hampden without a goal.

Here is some perspective on how overrated our Europa League campaign(especially group stages) is becoming by some...

Spoiler

Spartak Moscow 

1. Sacked manager before our home tie

2. Won 3 of their last 13 games prior to last night. Two in the Russian cup and the other was against the side bottom of the league who have won a single match in 13 league matches.

3. Lost at home in their last 4 league matches, three to teams sitting 10th or lower

4. Lost against a poor Rapid Vienna side

5. First team players missing in the home tie.

We took 1 point from 6 against them!
Rapid Vienna

1. Sacked their manager

2. 7th in their league, sitting 5 points away from second bottom

3. Won a single game in 90 minutes prior to playing us in their previous 7 which was against Spartak

4. Had key injuries

Villarreal

1. Rested many first team players

2. 2 wins in 11 league games, sitting 4 points off bottom spot

3. Missed numerous clear cut chances

On paper and before the group started you would have said being in control of advancing at this stage would be a very good achievement, but when you analyse that Villarreal are resting players, had many chances to beat us comfortably. Villarreal, Spartak and Rapid are having woeful seasons and two sacked their mangers. To be sitting with 1 win in 4 games, is not good enough. Using last year to justify not failing to win matches when teams are having shocking seasons doesn't wash with me. Group stage so far has not been acceptable taking into consideration everything.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Yip.

another game at hampden without a goal.

Fucking better get a ticket I'M ON PRIORITY!!!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Want to put money to the RM Erskine fund on it? 

3 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Want to put money to the RM Erskine fund on it? 

How can we?

if we add the reported 4 in January then, depending on their quality, we’ll be in a better place.

If we dont add to this squad or add jobber reserves from Liverpool or Arsenal then i’ll  take bet for Erskine 👍

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

How can we?

if we add the reported 4 in January then, depending on their quality, we’ll be in a better place.

If we dont add to this squad or add jobber reserves from Liverpool or Arsenal then i’ll  take bet for Erskine 👍

Shat it lol

48 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

Go to the gym and eat less mate.

Thanks for proving me to be correct

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Thanks for proving me to be correct

Seething.

6 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I know you are but what am I

Obese.

In the 25 games or whatever it is we've played we've actually only played well in a handful of them.  Absolutely shite in some, Aberdeen cup, at the piggery, late goals at Motherwell, Livingstone, last night. The rest we've flattered to deceive in, like scraping past European dross no-one has ever heard of or the Hamilton game where we were poor but a few late goals made it all seem ok. It's not ok. Our performances don't seem to be getting any better.  I don't advocate getting rid of SG but if we're honest in the vast majority of games we are at best mediocre and at worst embarrassing.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, slg said:

In the 25 games or whatever it is we've played we've actually only played well in a handful of them.  Absolutely shite in some, Aberdeen cup, at the piggery, late goals at Motherwell, Livingstone, last night. The rest we've flattered to deceive in, like scraping past European dross no-one has ever heard of or the Hamilton game where we were poor but a few late goals made it all seem ok. It's not ok. Our performances don't seem to be getting any better.  I don't advocate getting rid of SG but if we're honest in the vast majority of games we are at best mediocre and at worst embarrassing.  

Mental. 

• Like 1

It's getting to the stage now that the excuses have to stop and I'm sure Gerrard realises this 

People keep saying we need to stop looking back to the last 6 years etc while being absolutely raging about where we are now.....

It's because they are looking back to the glory days and expecting us just to be there again.

Hypocritical imo.