Perspective

BlueMe

Don’t care I’m pissed off,we are still well off winning the league and cups with this team and that pisses me aff anaw and now we get one point aff an utter shite Russian team after two games and in all probability will fail to get into the knockout stage and that pisses me fucking aff as well.

8 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

The point is pretty clear that we shouldn't react that badly to let downs now because of the position we were in a few years ago 

Its not an attitude that the Rangers support as a whole will ever have though and rightly so 

You only seem to appear on here after poor results. Why is that?

You're like the grim reaper of negativity :lol:

4 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

You only seem to appear on here after poor results. Why is that?

You're like the grim reaper of negativity :lol:

I'm on the pessimistic side no doubt but I've posted after wins draw and losses this season so that isn't true 

Don't get on much most of the week thanks to little phone access in work 

The way I look at it, it's quite simple.

Before we were demoted, we were the top dogs, battling it out with the taigs for the League, cups, and having the odd good run in Europe.

Swattin the rest of the diddie's away with the disrespect they deserved, we had great player's, good player's and some bad, but most of all we had a winning mentality.

Not all of the player's were consistent, but there were leaders who dug us out when the going got tough.

Even the bad player's upped their game when needed.

The comparisons with this team stick out like a sore thumb, There's not many of the player's that have won anything, No leader's and a lot of inexperience.

There are a few good player's in this team, no great player's and more bad player's, the only one with a winning mentality is Mcgregor and boy does it show.

We need to get that winning mentality back and the only way to do that is to win something.

Somehow we need to find the money to bring these player's in these leader's these winners.

Otherwise were going to have to be patient and that could take a while.

41 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Being able to beat Aberdeen and reaching cup finals is hardly instant success. I expect that given how much money we have spent and how poor every other team is bar the Tim’s yet we can’t even do that.

Some folk go on here like we are asking the for the world...we are asking to compete and challenge to win domestic trophies, we can’t and that’s a huge worry. Rome wasn’t built in a day but I bet they saw progress whereas all I see is the same mistakes and little to no change.

We are competing and challenging though. If it's all about the amount of money we've spent, then how are you expecting us to compete financially with celtic when their wage bill and turnover is massive in comparison to ours?

We spend more than the rest, fair enough, but the rest aren't competing in Europe with a new team and manager either. 

Disappointing night, no doubt, but progress is still being made. 

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

Are we going to get a “perspective” thread every time we lose a game or have a bad result? 

In terms of the bigger picture I think we are going in the right direction but there still comes a point where we stop using where we have been as a justification for a poor performance.

I think it’s more than reasonable to post a ‘perspective’ thread  when we are only 1/3 of the way through the season, with a new management team and only 1 transfer window.