Rossiter

MrMckee

5 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

Same reason Southampton want Davis off their wage bill, paying wages for no benefit so tell him to find some other mug of a club to pay him for zero return

Why post that on here?

Do you expect Rossiter to tell Davis he's not wanted. 

Contrary to what some think from my posts, I actually quite like him and it's a shame he's been injured so much. However, we simply can't continue to ship money out on wages to those that aren't going to regularly feature. At some point, you need to move these players on and no one is going to pay cash for someone who has played 10 games in 2years+. In the 2.5 years he's been here, he's played less than Pena so if Davis arrives, Kamara signs and Dorrans gets fit, when is Rossiter going to play regularly?

3 hours ago, BlueAvenger said:

The boy has definitely been unlucky with injuries. The harsh reality is that he has contributed little and if Davis signs then get rid of him.

Davis is a short term signing.   if Rossiter could manage to stay fit I think he could grow to be a great part of the team.

I am not sure he can manage to stay fit though,  like others have said, I'd loan him out, but keep him as a player.

32 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

Same reason Southampton want Davis off their wage bill, paying wages for no benefit so tell him to find some other mug of a club to pay him for zero return

You would need to pay the remaining contract so your paying a wage for a player that’s away to someone else. 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

You would need to pay the remaining contract so your paying a wage for a player that’s away to someone else. 

Only if you don't negotiate that as part of termination of contract and allowing him to move on somewhere else 

Just now, Moody Blue said:

Only if you don't negotiate that as part of termination of contract and allowing him to move on somewhere else 

Why would he want to negotiate?? 

He has a contract, loan him out and see if he can stay fit with regular football. If he can, get him back and into the team, because he is a player if he can get a run of games. 

4 hours ago, WilliamMunny said:

Get him out on loan for the next 6 months and if he still remains injury prone for that period then we need to let him go, although thats easier said

I'd go with this , though I'd maybe extend it a bit . 

I still think there's a player in there and he's still young enough to be of benefit to us . A loan deal for a year or so would tell us if he's finally overcome his injuries , and if it is homesickness, as has been mentioned , then a year older may make a big difference to that . 

4 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Why would he want to negotiate?? 

He has a contract, loan him out and see if he can stay fit with regular football. If he can, get him back and into the team, because he is a player if he can get a run of games. 

The same way anyone with a contract ends it early to move somewhere else. Are you suggesting no player ever negotiates themselves out of contracts and are willing to terminate without being paid for the remainder of them? I'm agreeing he should be loaned as he's not going to feature regularly with us and if he stays fit then we keep him for the remainder. My initial comment was about keeping a player who can't play more than 10games across 2.5 years. Negotiation is required if he isn't going to feature and it's then up to him to either find someone else or he has another year of not playing.  Not only have we paid him a wage, we sent him to a centre in England last year to help with rehabilitation, that's a lot of outlay for little return. 

3 hours ago, Gman36 said:

Absolutely 0% evidence to back any of this up. 

Just not happening unfortunately. Very expensive gamble which hasn't paid off. 

An expensive gamble?

We paid a very small fee and he is on a few grand a week, hardly expensive!

From the few bits gerrard has said about him I get the feeling he has plans for him here. He sat with him in that press conference and gave the impression that rossiter still has a role to play at Rangers. This seems to be one of those sit it out and see situations although how much more time do you give the guy? Suppose he is still young enough to come good yet. Would be good to get a full update with details and a timescale of any possible return. Dont think davis coming for a season really affects the rossiter long term situation.

2 hours ago, BigDak said:

One of the benefits of getting a little older is becoming wiser and realising that things take time.

I can only imagine that those who are saying to get rid of him are teenagers or in their early 20’s. The lad is only 21 (22 in March this year) and yet I’ve seen it said that we need to cut our losses and that with Davis (a 34 year old) signing it means the game is up for Rossiter. Do you not think that the plan could be to have him learning off of a guy like Davis (and even SG and GM)? Just coz he isn’t blazing a trail at 21 doesn’t mean he’s never going to make it. He’s a quality wee player who has been unlucky with injury for 2 years. There’s still plenty of time for him to shine. But if you’re younger or roughly the same age as him I can see how you would think he’s had his chance. But when you’re over 30 you realise at 21/22 you’re still a baby and have years to develop. If he’s still hanging around the bench at 24/25 then, yeah, he’s had his time and it’s never going to happen. But putting him in the ‘done’ pile just now is ridiculously short sighted.

some common sense there.

Get him on loan. There's a player in there for sure, potentially a very valuable one. We probably won't get rid of him before his contract is up anyway (when is that?) so send him on loan to get him regular games and if he manages to stay fit and put all the injuries behind him we could get a top player back.