***The Official Kilmarnock v Rangers Thread***

G.E.C.

All these teams are playing like it’s a cup final against us. Our fans are filling their stadiums and they are rising to the occasion. 

We on the other hand only come alive a couple of times in a game.

Our players think they are way better than they are. I can’t see things changing any time soon 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

There is no doubt the Worrall fuck up probably lost us the match, we were doing fairly well leading 1-0 and had just hit the post when he just made a school boy error and we seemed to fold after that. 

I think changing the team after saying that McRorie had the shirt before the cup game but was banned and could not play was not good for players to see that.

Just sick as a parrot tonight after really looking forward to getting back playing league games again. :duh:

I have to be honest mate I think we will struggle away to Livingston and Aberdeen. As for Davis and Defoe early days but Im not convinced. 

5 minutes ago, chris182 said:

You might well be right

I can’t recall when Clarke exactly went in there, but they said earlier he took 7 points last season, and 4 so far this season, so that’s an incredible 11 from 15, or at worst 11 from 18 so far, which is still unbelievable.

2 minutes ago, barrymorrison1 said:

I can’t recall when Clarke exactly went in there, but they said earlier he took 7 points last season, and 4 so far this season, so that’s an incredible 11 from 15, or at worst 11 from 18 so far, which is still unbelievable.

A year ago. They won more points in 2018 than any other team

4 minutes ago, BlueAvenger said:

I have to be honest mate I think we will struggle away to Livingston and Aberdeen. As for Davis and Defoe early days but Im not convinced. 

I just thought they had done hardly anything before the cock up, but I agree with you about the next couple of games. Gutted tonight with that result. 

We are quite an honest team. When we play shite (as a team) we lose, when we play well (as a team) we win.

There is an honest rawness to this squad. It will take time to smooth out those rough edges, and to fine tune it.

Kilmarnock away after the break was always going to be a tough one. They are a really good side.

Roll on Sunday.

7 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Dropping McCrorie tonight was fucking mental.

Gerrard describes him as a warrior and an animal after the OF game so why drop him in a game where you have to win the right to play by battling.

Bad management and team selection and tnayvlies at the door of Gerrard.

He provides so much energy and physicality to our weak side. Hes vital.

Win a big game and then fuck up in the next game. Same story for some time. Thought it would be different after such a big performance against the taigs.

We started well and then that liability Worrall changes the game. Katic was dropped for far less. Get Worrall out and get Katic back in with Goldson once fit. 

After that goal we looked lost. Formation change didn't work. We played right into killie hands trying to play through a packed midfield. 

The blame for this falls on the gaffer tonight. Not for the first time he's messed around when it wasn't required. 

18 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

We knew they mentally struggled, seen it a few times this season

What I did think had changed though was Gerrard, thought he'd started to learn the basic things that every pundit, ex manager/player has been saying all season, 2 upfront doesn't work for us & it wasn't worth shoehorning Defoe in. 

As for the creativity, I honestly think he's thought moving Kent into the number 10 spot was the fix but that's not looking promising after tonights result

Jones ran pretty much straight for goal & scored.

I wonder if he’ll start doing anything but, once he arrives at Ibrox?

Away from home against Kilmarnock etc. we should sit in and play on the counter for the first 20 - 30 minutes. Give them the ball win it and attack in numbers. We are too predictable attacking from the first minute. As tonight proves we are not good enough to go to Killie and blow them away with our attacking prowess. We leave too much space in their attacking areas and the defenders are put under pressure because our full backs are out of position. Killie were dangerous tonight from clearances from their defence, then they pick up the second ball and our full backs are attacking and again caught out of position. We need to be a bit more conservative away from home and defend right and use the counter.

1 minute ago, gra said:

Away from home against Kilmarnock etc. we should sit in and play on the counter for the first 20 - 30 minutes. Give them the ball win it and attack in numbers. We are too predictable attacking from the first minute. As tonight proves we are not good enough to go to Killie and blow them away with our attacking prowess. We leave too much space in their attacking areas and the defenders are put under pressure because our full backs are out of position. Killie were dangerous tonight from clearances from their defence, then they pick up the second ball and our full backs are attacking and again caught out of position. We need to be a bit more conservative away from home and defend right and use the counter.

We tried that against the tarriers and got demolished. 

Rangers aren't and should never be a counter attacking team within Scotland. 

Fucking strange night all round, to the point you couldn't make this shite up.

Worrall again! Should never be ahead of Katic. That's a manager problem. Blue eyed boys do tend to let you down. This one seriously gives me the fucking boke.

Then we we have Jones scoring and imo he celebrated rather too heartily both at his goal and at the end. It rubbed me the wrong. Maybe I'm over sensitive.

On a high note, the boy Kent is a fucking hero. He's the real deal. Just get him fucking signed.

Stevie, just get it fucking sorted.

3 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Jones ran pretty much straight for goal & scored.

I wonder if he’ll start doing anything but, once he arrives at Ibrox?

He’ll be good if we play a defensive game but that won’t happen.

Killie mostly played a defensive game, they usually  do against us.

Was a well taken breakaway goal.

17 minutes ago, BlueAvenger said:

I always regarded Davis as a tidy player with us, but his first instinct is to protect the ball, which many times meant he turned away from goal & slowed the flow of our attacks.

Which, up here, gives the opposition the extra second to get another body or two behind the ball.

Won’t look out of place, but not sure if he’ll provide that dynamism we’re lacking at present.

2 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

We tried that against the tarriers and got demolished. 

Rangers aren't and should never be a counter attacking team within Scotland. 

We lay down to the tarriers that day. The only way to beat them is to press them into mistakes. Your Killies and Livies wont have a clue what to do if we start like that against them. Then turn the screw after 20 minutes

Mccrorie was immense against celtic and shouldn't have been dropped. But lets not get carried away, he wouldn't have made the difference. It was the formation that was wrong tonight because of two new signings and two gifted goals from our Ch's who had a mare.

1 minute ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

He’ll be good if we play a defensive game but that won’t happen.

Killie mostly played a defensive game, they usually  do against us.

Was a well taken breakaway goal.

👍

41 minutes ago, Swagger said:

All these teams are playing like it’s a cup final against us. Our fans are filling their stadiums and they are rising to the occasion. 

We on the other hand only come alive a couple of times in a game.

Our players think they are way better than they are. I can’t see things changing any time soon 

This.

29 minutes ago, gra said:

We aren't a very good side at keeping possession otherwise we'd have went 1-0 nil up and just passed the game away.

Here's an idea why not go 1-0 up then change tactics to defensive/counter attacking style see how much a master tactician Clark is then.

Usual response in here tonight. Yes, we were pish but let's not forget that we were playing on a shite astro pitch which for some reason we cannot play on. We cannot seem 

to control the ball as it skids off the surface which leads us to mis-control and misplaced passing. In other words our second touch is a tackle. The ball runs away from us when                            we try to attack and trying to lift a ball whilst running and crossing is an art which we do not seem to posses. Try it yourselves and see the result.

Our next game is at Livingston - more of the same likely. Here's hoping we can get a result, 3points and nothing less.

Let's keep the faith. 55 is coming, maybe not this year but it's coming very soon.

Archived