Steven Davis

Prso's headband

8 hours ago, Faugh a Ballagh said:

Hasn't done anything that warrants any praise yet, but as others have said he isn't match fit. He completely ran the show when Norn Iron played the beggars in Dublin in November so he's still got 'it'. Give him a bit of time and he'll produce the goods.  Worst case scenario he's out the door in 6 months when his loan is up. Definitely worth the punt, especially in games like today.

Load of shite.

Game was a friendly and the level of player on that field was like fucking league 2 standard. Dreadful game that ended bloody 0-0

Just now, STRUTH82 said:

Its was gonna be 18 month permanent then got cut to 6 month loan.

I suspect was to do with southampton not settling his contract.

Thanks for clearing that up - 18 months had stuck in my mind !

I find it odd that some fans seem to remember Davis as some sort of world beater? He was a competent/experienced player and chipped in with a few good goals, most notably a cracker against the dhims at Ibrox. Thomson, Ferguson and Reyna were far better players. 

9 minutes ago, Drum said:

I find it odd that some fans seem to remember Davis as some sort of world beater? He was a competent/experienced player and chipped in with a few good goals, most notably a cracker against the dhims at Ibrox. Thomson, Ferguson and Reyna were far better players. 

Davis was a completely different and imo far superior player to Thomson. Similar to Reyna but he was here longer and contributed more. Couldn't lace Ferguson's boots. Your talking shite tho he was a very creative, technical and energetic player. Unfortunately he looks done now. Legs look gone, touch doesn't seem to be there and his attitude is poor.

When he found the wee pocket of space at rugby park between their midfield and defence and slid the perfectly weighted ball to Defoe who was just offside , that’s been the only glimpse of the Steve Davis wee know so far , to be fair he’s not being played in the correct position , he’s never been a player to take the ball off our centre backs and start things or hit 70 80 yard passe he’s always been a much further forward midfielder finding wee pockets of space with clever through balls and a scorer of goals to 

13 hours ago, jjbscotty12 said:

Stopped reading at nicky law. Its steven davis ffs never compare him to nonentities like that.

What do you mean? "It's Steven Davies ffs" Steven Davis in my opinion is vastly over rated. I just don't see what the love in that our support has for him. 

30 minutes ago, barcablue72 said:

What do you mean? "It's Steven Davies ffs" Steven Davis in my opinion is vastly over rated. I just don't see what the love in that our support has for him. 

You compared him to nicky law ya fucking crackpot take it you thought he was overated when he was part of a team that reached a uefa cup final and won 3 league titles in a row.

1 hour ago, Cedrick said:

When he found the wee pocket of space at rugby park between their midfield and defence and slid the perfectly weighted ball to Defoe who was just offside , that’s been the only glimpse of the Steve Davis wee know so far , to be fair he’s not being played in the correct position , he’s never been a player to take the ball off our centre backs and start things or hit 70 80 yard passe he’s always been a much further forward midfielder finding wee pockets of space with clever through balls and a scorer of goals to 

That's Arfields job now.