Morelos

GOAT

5 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

I think you're trying to hard to back him up here, he's been terrible the last few games & you're putting it down to the quality around him?

I think your trying too hard to find fault with our best player. 

If you don’t get the ball to the striker he can’t score goals. 

9 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

He backed into the sheepie cunt and got shoved out the way, he got hit in the face and went down like a shot crow. 

What part don’t you understand???

Trying to claim he never got hit just have a rant is embarrassing. 

I never said he didn’t get hit I said he threw himself into the guy and that is true. Shouldn’t have backed into the cunt anyway he could have went towards the ball. It’s stupid as fuck.

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

Bollocks, so your only a great player in certain games. 

So we just ignore him tearing Aberdeen apart in the 4-2 win then.

Top goal scorer in the league, naw he’s shite because he has an off night with very little service. 

Hope your not a scout for anyone mate. 

Great players do it consistently in the big games. 

I never once said he was shite. 

My opinion is if he put half the effort into playing the game as he does trying to wind  up CBs, kicking out and diving he’d firing in the big games.

If you think we are getting anywhere near £15m for him on this form (if it continues) it you who needs their head examined.

5 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

Should of had a penalty instead of a booking but then went on to throw himself about which is why instances like the first one result in him getting booked instead of a penalty. That's wrong but at the same time I can understand it. 

We were trailing 2-0 & on three occasions he rolls about on the floor holding whatever piece of his body he was pretending was hurt, gets nothing and is up perfectly fine about a minute later, the whole time we're trying to get back into a match. 

Regardless of what he has done for us this season, people are right,, he was an embarrassment last night.

Yeah I agree with that. First time I've seen the 'dive' and Considine clearly had his arm round him. However, given his reputation for the theatrical and the fact that he turned to plead with the referee as he was going to ground its never going to be looked at favourably. 

He's not going to change anytime soon though and the manager is clearly scared to pull him up on the negative side of his game for fear of him downing tools and us struggling to score more than half a dozen goals until the end of the season. Although even with him in the side on a dry run that may still be the case because I just don't see where else our goals will come from. 

7 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

Do you watch Rangers? Is this the first time you've seen Morelos go to ground under little/no contact?

Oh so its previous games we're talking about. Excuse my confusion.

I think he wins freekicks, or tries at least, like most modern strikers, I hate to break this to you but any half decent CF we sign will have that as part of his game.

Do you watch Rangers? He's been booted fuck out of almost since the day he made his debut. The fact he doesn't go down more often is a modern marvel. Even ex scum players are admitting he gets the treatment.

1 minute ago, Getstiffed said:

I think he wins freekicks, or tries at least, like most modern strikers, I hate to break this to you but any half decent CF we sign will have that as part of his game.

Do you watch Rangers? He's been booted fuck out of almost since the day he made his debut. The fact he doesn't go down more often is a modern marvel. Even ex scum players are admitting he gets the treatment.

There's no denying the extra attention he gets. 

Does that mean he should roll about on the ground feigning injury while we are 2-0 down, to then eventually get up & get on with it when he realises no one is buying it? He done that three times last night! Refs see that, and rightly or wrongly, it's going to influence their decisions.

5 minutes ago, Lloyd said:

I never said he didn’t get hit I said he threw himself into the guy and that is true. Shouldn’t have backed into the cunt anyway he could have went towards the ball. It’s stupid as fuck.

Read your other posts that’s exactly what you said, he never got hit. 

7 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

So impartial refs allow themselves to be affected by reputation? So if previous refs send him off for let's say being kicked in the face, his reputation as a thug gets him more targetted by refs?

His diving, play acting and kicking out give him a reputation or make his bad reputation worse. His reputation naturally makes referees look at what he’s doing more closely.

So when he barges a defender and then hits the ground like a ton of bricks he gets booked. Some refs might give other players the benefit of doubt.

11 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

So impartial refs allow themselves to be affected by reputation? So if previous refs send him off for let's say being kicked in the face, his reputation as a thug gets him more targetted by refs?

He was sent off for pressing his foot on Mckenna’s plums. Again he’s got previous.

Mckenna got sent off for the kick in the face 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, scottyc06 said:

There's no denying the extra attention he gets. 

Does that mean he should roll about on the ground feigning injury while we are 2-0 down, to then eventually get up & get on with it when he realises no one is buying it? He done that three times last night! Refs see that, and rightly or wrongly, it's going to influence their decisions.

But he doesn't feign injury at the penalty though. I can understand your point if its a hard tackle that doesn't make much contact with him and he's rolling about like he's been shot.

The ref is supposed to ref the match, not last weeks match or a match from 2 months ago. That's a literal implicit bias.

9 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

My opinion is if he put half the effort into playing the game as he does trying to wind  up CBs, kicking out and diving he’d firing in the big games.

If you think we are getting anywhere near £15m for him on this form (if it continues) it you who needs their head examined.

So no great player has a dry spell?? 

He does what every forward does these days least wee touch they go to ground, you are going to be raging when the next forward we sign does the same

1 minute ago, Hutton2008 said:

His diving, play acting and kicking out give him a reputation or make his bad reputation worse. His reputation naturally makes referees look at what he’s doing more closely.

So when he barges a defender and then hits the ground like a ton of bricks he gets booked. Some refs might give other players the benefit of doubt.

He was sent off for pressing his foot on Mckenna’s plums. Again he’s got previous.

Mckenna got sent off for the kick in the face 🤷‍♂️

So they Ref Mo differently is that not the definition of cheating then. 

And he never pressed his foot in McKennas plums. 

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

So no great player has a dry spell?? 

He does what every forward does these days least wee touch they go to ground, you are going to be raging when the next forward we sign does the same

I’m raging because that’s all has done in the last two games. I never once thought he was in any danger of scoring a fucking goal last night which I expect minimum of a striker.

When other strikers do it, they do it once, they don’t put all their energy into it and contribute nothing else.

15 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

Last night he WAS utter dug shite. Not on his own mind.

2 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

I’m raging because that’s all has done in the last two games. I never once thought he was in any danger of scoring a fucking goal last night which I expect minimum of a striker.

When other strikers do it, they do it once, they don’t put all their energy into it and contribute nothing else.

😂 beelin, seething, pure ragin. 

So other strikers only go down once a game with just a little touch 😂😂

Go for a lie down. 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So they Ref Mo differently is that not the definition of cheating then. 

And he never pressed his foot in McKennas plums. 

Oh dear. It’s as if you have lost all rational thought. 

It’s instinctive. He does it multiple times most games. The refs know that. He does it again in front of them - they book him. Not hard really. I’m just shocked they let him away with another three.

Morelos and McGregor are the only players we've got I'm afraid McGregor is beginning to look tired carrying the shite in between him and Alfredo. The rest are a mish mash of second hand mercenarys, ex players going through motions and those not good enough to wear the jersey nor will ever be good enough and if we don't up our game will trail in the bheggars wake domestically for the foreseeable future which seems to be good enough for some on this board as long as they get the money for a run in Europe in the bank to crawl through another season spouting 'look how far we have come'. Anybody thinking that we will stop the bheasts from the east doing ten with this outlook and plan is sadly deluded. But then I read not just this forum but other Rangers pages and I realise there are a lot of fans sadly deluded and not only that conditioned into accepting second best. Concerning Daze Loyal.

17 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

Good post.   Some nonsense getting spouted in this thread.