Gerrard Rejects Approach From Derby County

Broxi

20 minutes ago, Sweettartangirl said:

He won't leave till a decent EPL side recognise him...but he won't be for Liverpool until he made an EPL side successful also. Klopp is for the long haul I would imagine. 

Why would he want to go down there and waste his time with some bullshit relegation struggle or a team in the middle that's just happy to stay there though?

He wouldn't want a top 6 team apart from Liverpool either and none of the others would want him anyway. I think he's here for the foreseeable future, until Klopp goes.

Only place other than Liverpool I can see him going to after success with us is a half-decent team in France or Germany.

6 hours ago, theblueoysterbar said:

[Why would he want to go down there and waste his time with some bullshit relegation struggle or a team in the middle that's just happy to stay there though? [/b]

He wouldn't want a top 6 team apart from Liverpool either and none of the others would want him anyway. I think he's here for the foreseeable future, until Klopp goes.

Only place other than Liverpool I can see him going to after success with us is a half-decent team in France or Germany.

I don’t think Liverpool will appoint him just because he does well with us tbh.

The profile of their club has raised so much that they could probably appoint just about any manager they want. It’s highly unlikely that they will pick a guy managing in Scotland - even if he is Steven Gerrard - over somebody doing well in one of the more major leagues.

I think he needs to show he’s capable in England before he gets anywhere near the Liverpool job.

10 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I don’t think Liverpool will appoint him just because he does well with us tbh.

The profile of their club has raised so much that they could probably appoint just about any manager they want. It’s highly unlikely that they will pick a guy managing in Scotland - even if he isn’t a Steven Gerrard - over somebody doing well in one of the more major leagues.

I think he needs to show he’s capable in England before he gets anywhere near the Liverpool job.

It depends what level Liverpool are at - if they’re at the level they’re currently at Gerrard would have no chance of the job unless he had us in the last 8/16 of the CL. But if they’re fighting for a CL spot in the league and  not winning any cups, it would be a possibility.

11 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

This is the best time ever for lampard to take the job. Just sold their top player and have a transfer embargo. 

Literally no pressure on him for the upcoming season whatsoever. It's a no lose situation for him, contrary to your opinion.

You don’t think Chelsea fans still expect to win??

Its a terrible move for him if he takes it. 

10 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

You don’t think Chelsea fans still expect to win??

Its a terrible move for him if he takes it. 

I don’t like Chelsea but I really like Lampard so I hope it works out for him but it’s got the dream job at the wrong time written all over it.

24 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Not as much as they would if he had an active transfer market, no.

Maybe because some of the other so called big shot managers who are successful admittedly - but  only because  of unlimited transfer funds - aren’t interested that is leaving  Lampard as the only one willing to give it a go

57 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Not as much as they would if he had an active transfer market, no.

They will still expect to be challenging and they were already on the slide before the transfer ban. Unless they have the patience to have a poor couple of years and give Lampard the time he will need, then it  could all go spectacularly wrong 

35 minutes ago, LiverpoolBlue said:

Maybe because some of the other so called big shot managers who are successful admittedly - but  only because  of unlimited transfer funds - aren’t interested that is leaving  Lampard as the only one willing to give it a go

Could be exactly the reason he’s been offered the job. 

Club legend gets the job and they hope the fans will give him the time they wouldn’t give another manager because of that. 

anybody hear Talksport this morning?

only caught a bit of it but Jim White was asking if Gerrard had done the right thing in rejecting Derby, Simon Jordan said of course he has then White said he had been speaking to Warburton and would give his views after the break

never heard what Warburtons views were as I had to leave

anybody hear it?

1 minute ago, showtime69 said:

only caught a bit of it but Jim White was asking if Gerrard had done the right thing in rejecting Derby, Simon Jordan said of course he has then White said he had been speaking to Warburton and would give his views after the break

anybody hear it?

Expects us to win the league with Gerrard.

1 hour ago, showtime69 said:

anybody hear it?

Let you know in 7-10 days. 

On 19/06/2019 at 20:27, showtime69 said:

anybody hear it?

Listen to this in the car and if that wanker is on I turn it off , guys an arse sliding turncoat bastard........