*****The Official Rangers v Feyenoord Thread*****

G.E.C.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, BoyBlue62 said:

I cannot believe the negativity on here , 1 defeat this season, and we now are shite according to some.

Theres absolutely nothing wrong with that team selected, it is just the usual pish from our resident experts. 

Support the team , it’s not difficult.

To be fair, most of the forum said the team selection for the OF was dodgy, and were proven correct. Nothing to do with not supporting the team, quite the opposite.

3 minutes ago, Number5 said:

Aribo has been terrible over the last few weeks and Kamara is class when he turns up. Imagine it's to get Tav and Barasic further up playing with 3 more central midfielders.

Got the goal/attacking threat of Aribo, Barker and Defoe to bring on fresh if the games needing it later on.

If Tav and Barisic are on it we’ll be fine

3 minutes ago, Number5 said:

Aribo has been terrible over the last few weeks and Kamara is class when he turns up. Imagine it's to get Tav and Barasic further up playing with 3 more central midfielders.

Got the goal/attacking threat of Aribo, Barker and Defoe to bring on fresh if the games needing it later on.

in the 89th minute??

1 minute ago, Ger_onimo said:

To be fair, most of the forum said the team selection for the OF was dodgy, and were proven correct. Nothing to do with not supporting the team, quite the opposite.

Nobody has really said what's wrong with the line-up though apart from Katic not even making the bench which tells me there's more to it than just just being dropped.

What the fuck has Ojo  done to warrant his place tonight.

Stevie G. doing his Liverpool love- in again.

Playing Kent (who wasn't  match fit) last weekend came back to bite him and now Kent is out for a few weeks.

Ojo has been chronic for weeks and should not , IMO , be in the team.

Didn’t have any real hope before I saw the team to be honest, have far less now. 

Dropping Katic is a disgrace. Obviously with no Kent or Jones then Ojo was always going to play. To be honest I think he’d have played had they both been fit as anyway.

5 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Genuine question but where do you think he's really tinkered?

The only two that really stand out are Katic and Aribo. I'm assuming there's more to it than just dropping Katic as he's not even on the bench so that just leaves Aribo who IMO has been very poor in the past few weeks?

What team would you have put out?

CH, and no pace at width up front tbh. Aribo hasn't been great, but Kamaea has been worse.  Goldson has been worse than Katic.  Think we'll struggle to hold the ball up around Morelos tonight. I'd personally have went: 

Greggs

Tav Edmundson/ Goldson  Katic  Barisic

Davis Jack

Ojo.              Arfield.             Barker

Morelos

Don’t think the line up is too bad. I would have started Aribo over Kamara though. Both players have been in poor form but Aribo is a match winner if he pops up at the right moment and the only player out the 4 considered who isn’t a defensive player. 

Just now, Jamie0202 said:

Nobody has really said what's wrong with the line-up though apart from Katic not even making the bench which tells me there's more to it than just just being dropped.

I think too many central midfielders is the main issue. Kamara over Aribo is a weird one. Ojo has some serious work to do. It’s not bizarre or anything, we’ll soon see.

Just now, bornabear said:

What the fuck has Ojo  done to warrant his place tonight.

Stevie G. doing his Liverpool love- in again.

Playing Kent (who wasn't  match fit) last weekend came back to bite him and now Kent is out for a few weeks.

Ojo has been chronic for weeks and should not , IMO , be in the team.

Agree about Ojo but who else have we got since Kent and Jones are both injured? Barker? Stewart? A risky change of formation which allows both Morelos and Defoe on the pitch together?

1 minute ago, Broxi said:

Don’t think the line up is too bad. I would have started Aribo over Kamara though. Both players have been in poor form but Aribo is a match winner if he pops up at the right moment and the only player out the 4 considered who isn’t a defensive player. 

Aribo has been shite tbh. 

2 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

Is this game gonna be available live on Rangers TV (with a VPN)? As I can only see Audio Commentary for £5 advertised on the site worldwide.

I don’t want to have to rely on dodgy streams for this one.

just away to buy the game WTF --- 5 quId to LISTEN to that Tom Miller --- having a laugh 

1 minute ago, Ger_onimo said:

I think too many central midfielders is the main issue. Kamara over Aribo is a weird one. Ojo has some serious work to do. It’s not bizarre or anything, we’ll soon see.

I know what you're saying but it doesn't surprise me that Aribo has been dropped. He's been anonymous for weeks.

Katic not even on the bench is a puzzle right enough.      From the training gallery photos published on the Club website Katic is in quite a few of the photos and there is no hint to my eye of any sign of injury or tension.     Giving Helander a starting slot in a game as important as this might be a bit of gamble.   How many games has he actually started for Rangers?  Only a few I think.    So slotting in alongside Goldson and forming a perfectly acceptable defensive partnership for the whole game for  such an important game could be quite an ask even allowing for his Swedish international experience and wider club football experience.  

The midfield seems to me to have more suited to a defensive midfield for away games in Europe.  Not sure its attack minded enough.  

We'll see soon enough how yet another sizeable churn of 4 changes to the side turns out.  

Archived