Welcome back Tavernier

GOAT

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

You would think that, got a feeling Tav is one of those players that only likes to hear how good he is and what he is doing right. 

So I doubt Stevie is giving him the hairdryer treatment and telling him if he does it again he’s sitting his arse on the bench for a few games. 

He'd get sacked within weeks lets be honest. Player power and it's so frustrating

Stripping of the captaincy is a must for me and handed to Ryan Jack or Steven Davis. Tavernier is an absolute panic merchant and we need a calm and collected head to the lead the squad but he shouldn’t be dropped he’s still comfortably our best right back. 

The general consensus seems to be swinging round to giving the captaincy  to Jack or Davis. Should provoke quite the debate on here. I wonder whether the management are of the same mindset  and whether this would focus Tav more on his own role on the pitch?

20 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

He isn’t mate. 

Flanagan’s break through season he was RB, he had played RB all his career to that point. Hes  only started playing LB since his bad injury and I take that is down to the fact he can’t bomb up the wing anymore. So has become more of a utility defender. 

So he’s an LB now.

Thanks.

56 minutes ago, beararse said:

This.

Its not as if we are asking for some heroic, body on the line type defending.

Its basics:

don’t turn back to goal when you can easily put it in row Z, and 

don’t commit/dive in or for the ball or whatever the fuck he did for unless you are certain you can get it.

Simple stuff.

Agreed and also don't keep backing off and backing off - sometimes tackle is required !

Tav lost us the game, no doubt about it.  I can't even bear to watch the 2nd goal again but remember him trying to step forward and that he was then off balance, hence the lunge to stop the ball going past him.  You can all tell me whether had he just let the ball go past him, but also turned and chased it, whether their player would have been clean through regardless.

I think it was a decent team performance away from home, overall.  We were good first half, weren't great 2nd in terms of keeping the ball, and had some passengers (Ojo and Arfield) but the rest was solid, with very little problems defensively other than Tav's brutal howlers.  We were also denied a stonewaller and their goalie's save from Morelos' deflected shot was a worldy.  What I'm saying is that had Tav hadn't sold the jerseys, I don't think they would have offered up anything else. 

But he did.  And we lost.  And it's his fault.

I'm angry and annoyed and despondent about losing the game because of Tav, but not about how we performed as a team.

1 hour ago, beararse said:

This.

Its not as if we are asking for some heroic, body on the line type defending.

Its basics:

don’t turn back to goal when you can easily put it in row Z, and 

don’t commit/dive in or for the ball or whatever the fuck he did unless you are certain you can get it.

Simple stuff.

This.

Total common sense but the Tav lovers will always disagree instead of swallowing their pride by admitting that last night he was as poor as pish, costing us the game with his atrocious defending

He hasn't been anything exceptional so far this season, just another Ojo, a flash in the pan at best.

Thread is everything wrong with the internet 😀

Some people point out, factually, that Tav fucked it and has history of fucking it then they are labelled “Tav haters.” (apart from KJ who apparently is an actual Tav hater)

Some people point out his contributions to the team and his stats going forward then they are “Tav lovers “ it’s fucking pathetic really. 

Tav is a very decent player. If he was as good at defending as we all want him to be he wouldn’t be playing for us.

I question his mentality, he continuously bottles big stakes games. It’s for this latter reason that I don’t believe he should be captain but I still believe he is a good right back for our league. it’s inevitable that we will have players that don’t quite make the grade on the European stage or in big games, I just don’t want them being the club captain. 

We are punching above our weight in Europe and as fucking raging as I am about last nights defeat to probably the least fancied team, The group is wide open and we have some decent games to look forward to. 

41 minutes ago, BookWorm said:

The general consensus seems to be swinging round to giving the captaincy  to Jack or Davis. Should provoke quite the debate on here. I wonder whether the management are of the same mindset  and whether this would focus Tav more on his own role on the pitch?

There won’t be a change in captaincy.  

15 minutes ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

Would we, with the squad we have, be a better side with Tav dropped?

No.

All else is gnashing and wailing cause he slipped on a plastic pitch.

I thought he slipped as well. I can't see Gerrard dropping a player or strippings captaincy for slipping when it happened to himself as a player. 

7 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I thought he slipped as well. I can't see Gerrard dropping a player or strippings captaincy for slipping when it happened to himself as a player. 

In games v Killie, st johnstone, livi, Midtjylland and the sheep he's been instrumental in getting wins, no one else we have in the squad is making that kind of contribution from RB,  its really that simple, yes it was frustrating as fuck last night, yes he had a bad night, so did a few others, Arfield for one who's been really poor this season, Tavs been below par since Legia, Ojo. far too inexperienced at this level, but we have to piss with the dick we've got. We're punching above our weight in this competition, some folks  expectations are ridicules.

5 hours ago, GOAT said:

Come back and see me when you’ve been to as many games as me.  Now piss off.

You really want to play that game ? 😂😂

uberfan word fight - go for it! 

Even if you win I’ll still be a supporter while you remain a hater - fingers poised to Stick the boot into the team and players - it’s what you do! 

5 minutes ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

In games v Killie, st johnstone, livi, Midtjylland and the sheep he's been instrumental in getting wins, no one else we have in the squad is making that kind of contribution from RB,  its really that simple, yes it was frustrating as fuck last night, yes he had a bad night, so did a few others, Arfield for one who's been really poor this season, Tavs been below par since Legia, Ojo. far too inexperienced at this level, but we have to piss with the dick we've got. We're punching above our weight in this competition, some folks  expectations are ridicules.

Good post 

15 minutes ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

I'm normally very forgiving to mistakes and quickly gave Tav the benefit of the doubt after the OF gaffe but it's happened too regularly on big occasions. And he has been very average all year, not just since Legia. The finger has to be pointed at him for the two mistakes as well as not taking a short corner and short free kick in the last 90 seconds to retain possession.

Archived