I dread the day he goes

scottyc06

3 hours ago, ianferguson said:

Tramps wouldn't give you a lick of their shite once you've kicked your last ball for them, we on the other hand are a family with total respect for our ex players a given.

It’s a shame many of our former players don’t return the favour, mainly the so called “Rangers men” aswell 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, MattyBlue said:

One thing I hope is we don’t turn on him the way the trhamps turned on dembele for leaving. I don’t expect us to because we’re a class above. 

But the guy deserves respect, he’s clearly an incredible talent has been a great servant in our moment of need, inevitable he has to move on to a higher level, he said when he joined the move was a stepping stone to the EPL and  the ambition has to be respected.

:megaanguish:

3 hours ago, Bakbear said:

I actually wonder if the fact he has fallen in love with the club has played a part in his turnaround.
Before it felt like he was playing for himself. Trying hard to be seen getting frustrated at not being the star of the show. 

now he is playing for the team. Shows no frustration. Gets on with the game and he is twice the player he was. 
I don’t doubt he will still leave when the timing is right but he is not in the same hurry as he appeared to be before this season. 

Good post mate!

Dont worry yet ,enjoy him whilst he's here. He will end up at WestHam for example sitting on the bench he will be miserable. Here the fans sing his name...think the world of him and you know hes happy. If we win some kind of silverware he will be over the moon. Am not thinking to far a head.but for the first time in ages we have 2 really good strikers. Its exciting stuff.

On 07/10/2019 at 05:56, .Williamson. said:

He's a proper player, with a personality

One of them ones wee lads will pretend to be when they're kicking a ball about with mates

There actually isn't many of them in modern football but he's one

Spot on with this post.......... so many players today are bland by comparison.

I for one will be sad to see him go but hopefully he wins 55 before leaving.

Also, I feel his value is increasing with goals in Europe and the SPL. I would want 25 million for him now...... hope we don't under estimate his value when we sell him on.

I've got a feeling we might be seeing Alfredo for a few years yet, the difference in his attitude this year has been eye opening for me. He looks as if he's loving life and enjoying his football here, the relationship he has with Defoe is telling to.

Defoe's probably told him to bide his time and relish being with the massive club he's at just now ( where he has the chance to play in front of massive crowds and in Europe ) and have a better chance of winning silverware. There's also the chance of the CL if we win the league.

He has a lot of respect for Defoe and Gerrard so he's more and likely to listen to them, he's also on the verge of a recall to the national team.

Obviously he craves the EPL but unless it's a top six team its highly unlikely he'll achieve the above

52 minutes ago, Vision said:

I've got a feeling we might be seeing Alfredo for a few years yet, the difference in his attitude this year has been eye opening for me. He looks as if he's loving life and enjoying his football here, the relationship he has with Defoe is telling to.

Defoe's probably told him to bide his time and relish being with the massive club he's at just now ( where he has the chance to play in front of massive crowds and in Europe ) and have a better chance of winning silverware. There's also the chance of the CL if we win the league.

He has a lot of respect for Defoe and Gerrard so he's more and likely to listen to them, he's also on the verge of a recall to the national team.

Obviously he craves the EPL but unless it's a top six team its highly unlikely he'll achieve the above

I like your sentiment here mate. Gerrard may have played a blinder here bringing in Defoe to calm Alfie down. Seems to be working and they both are enjoying their football. Can see it when Alfie scores and how he looks for JD all the time. Brilliant stuff. 

On 06/10/2019 at 20:05, Bakbear said:

I actually wonder if the fact he has fallen in love with the club has played a part in his turnaround.
Before it felt like he was playing for himself. Trying hard to be seen, getting frustrated at not being the star of the show. 

now he is playing for the team. Shows no frustration. Gets on with the game and he is twice the player he was. 
I don’t doubt he will still leave when the timing is right but he is not in the same hurry as he appeared to be before this season. 

Would not surprise me if he had some counselling during the close season.  Anger issues cannot be cured but can be managed and a typical course, tried and tested courses, take 4 to 6 weeks.  Wee man seems to have the anger well under control.

For me it was obvious from early doors that he was a special talent but he his improvement over a short space of time is remarkable.  He is now also showing that he us so much more than just a striker.......  55 this year and the wee cunt will be a Rangers legend forever, but I'll still greet when he leaves.:whistle:

13 hours ago, Vision said:

Defoe is probably one of the best people to advise him, look at defoes career, never played for a top team but he still had a magnificent career, defoe might well have signed for a man united etc and spent a lot of the time on the bench, instead he stayed where he knew he was top dog

2 hours ago, philiprfc said:

If we win the title this year, I can see us cashing in on him. Remember that there's a premium on him being a relatively young player. If we're gonna sell him, that's the scenario I can see us getting maximum value for him.

Don’t you think champions league experience will add to his value 

which is why he’s staying to have some of that 

39 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Don’t you think champions league experience will add to his value 

which is why he’s staying to have some of that 

If we win the league, I think you might be right.  The CL might keep him here a bit longer.  If he stays till we win the league, then bangs a few goals in the CL, his value skyrockets.

Archived