Rangers - alleged cover up - BBC rebutted by club

RangersMedia

5 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Emm, NO!

The taigs are the ones doing the batting. Our board have a duty to protect the name of the club.

The fans have their opinion on wtf is going on.

We are all aware of the sensitivities and I don't get your bringing up chanting. Suss to say the least.

Now fucking behave yourself.

She’s 100% correct you know 

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Ladytonbear said:

I have worked with abused children for over 20 years- and each new case I deal with, whether it's sexual abuse, physical abuse or neglect, makes me sick to the stomach, even after all this time.  This sort of adverse childhood experience has a massive effect on the child for the rest of their life- strong evidence shows that it actually shortens their lives.  So never forget that by far the most important issue is helping the victims of abuse- and as horrific as it may sound, that comes before anything  ,even punishing the abusers. Of course we have to punish the abusers and more importantly stop them from wrecking the lives of more children, but we  always have to put the children first.  That is why I absolutely hate it when some of our supporters try to weaponise the abuse of children to point score against the Taigs. Please believe me that that can only lead to further hurt  for some of the victims. I am now sick that we will have a tit for tat campaign with those from the east using the same tactics against us.  Lastly, no matter what you believe about this story, please never attack the victim-  you have no idea what the real circumstances are and what trauma has been experienced- each child is different and will react differently to different levels of abuse.   It is NEVER right for the abuse of the most vulnerable members of society to become a chant at a football game to score some sort of stupid points against the opposition- we are better than that.

I’ve done the chants but please remember these chants were ongoing for years while everyone turned a blind eye to them and all this abuse has only come to light due to the English horror stories. 

So I ask where the chants still wrong whilst everyone else in authority was ignoring the abuse? 

5 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

He added: "It would concern me if any institution knew that somebody presented a potential risk to young people and didn't follow it up with due care. And from what I've read, that appears to be the case. 

Would imagine he is standing outside Easter Road to get the answer to that sentence.

1 minute ago, Howsitgoing said:

Rangers don’t challenge this in an adequate way then he will create a situation where celtic and Rangers are equals in failure to protect kids from paedos. 

This report will now be published this year according to him, the timing isn’t irrelevant. 

He’s got ten weeks and I’m expecting a total whitewash 

1 minute ago, Bad Robot said:

He’s got ten weeks and I’m expecting a total whitewash 

His interim report has stated that a football team when made aware of kids being abused superseded it’s reputation and standing above that of the victims. That should be enough to force SFA to act. I think it’s sfa that’ll whitewash it. 

09649063-7C7B-49E3-834A-C295B3955697.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Henry has been led down a path here with a set line of questioning by the journalists and has fallen right into the trap. Henry needs to be asked what institution didn’t follow up with due care as Rangers have said they contacted the Police. Henry seems to be taken the bbc article at face value without evening establishing facts which shows him as highly unprofessional and probably should have said no comment especially if he’s still writing a report.

Unfortunately that's happened in here as well, which is strange considering the amount of complaints we have made about the impartiality of treatment by the bbc. 

1 minute ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Unfortunately that's happened in here as well, which is strange considering the amount of complaints we have made about the impartiality of treatment by the bbc. 

There was something happened last week with BBC down south just caught the end of the article on Radio news,The CEO made a statement regarding the importance of the BBC being impartial ,Had to have a chuckle to myself because as we all know up here BBC Scotland is anything but impartial when it comes to a story relating to us 

11 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

I’ve done the chants but please remember these chants were ongoing for years while everyone turned a blind eye to them and all this abuse has only come to light due to the English horror stories. 

So I ask where the chants still wrong whilst everyone else in authority was ignoring the abuse? 

They were, as we may find out at the next OF game when those scummy cunts will give it right back. 

no matter what people feel, what’s the truth or what is right or wrong those cunts will use it. 

38 minutes ago, Ladytonbear said:

I have worked with abused children for over 20 years- and each new case I deal with, whether it's sexual abuse, physical abuse or neglect, makes me sick to the stomach, even after all this time.  This sort of adverse childhood experience has a massive effect on the child for the rest of their life- strong evidence shows that it actually shortens their lives.  So never forget that by far the most important issue is helping the victims of abuse- and as horrific as it may sound, that comes before anything  ,even punishing the abusers. Of course we have to punish the abusers and more importantly stop them from wrecking the lives of more children, but we  always have to put the children first.  That is why I absolutely hate it when some of our supporters try to weaponise the abuse of children to point score against the Taigs. Please believe me that that can only lead to further hurt  for some of the victims. I am now sick that we will have a tit for tat campaign with those from the east using the same tactics against us.  Lastly, no matter what you believe about this story, please never attack the victim-  you have no idea what the real circumstances are and what trauma has been experienced- each child is different and will react differently to different levels of abuse.   It is NEVER right for the abuse of the most vulnerable members of society to become a chant at a football game to score some sort of stupid points against the opposition- we are better than that.

I get the point you're making about supporters using the abuse of children as a stick to beat them with or a basis for banter, child abuse of any description is not a joke but I would hasten to point out that if not for these "point scorers" there wouldn't have been too many people talking about what went on at celtic for 3 decades. The papers don't talk about it, the TV news media don't talk about it, SFA officials don't talk about it, SFL/SPL/SPFL officials don't talk about it and any comment or story in the last 2 or 3 years has only come about because the dam has finally broken on there incessant victimization of children in their care.

I feel the anger or resentment towards these "point scorers" genuinely comes from people who have spent 20 to 30 years willing us to shut up about it because they did everything in their control to bury it down a deep dark memory hole within Scotland and those who used it as banter material have ended up being the ones who've created the platform for the likes of Andy Grays mum to feel safe enough to shout about it from the hill tops.

The club could use this as an opportunity to call for a full and independent enquiry into child abuse in Scotland. To include both sporting and religious organisations. Tackle this issue head on and be proactive.

Preferably, to insure independence, this enquiry should be led by someone from outwith Scotland.

11 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Henry has been led down a path here with a set line of questioning by the journalists and has fallen right into the trap. Henry needs to be asked what institution didn’t follow up with due care as Rangers have said they contacted the Police. Henry seems to be taken the bbc article at face value without evening establishing facts which shows him as highly unprofessional and probably should have said no comment especially if he’s still writing a report.

Martin Henry said the article was "concerning," and was "new information" that his review had not previously been aware of. 

He added: "It would concern me if any institution knew that somebody presented a potential risk to young people and didn't follow it up with due care. And from what I've read, that appears to be the case. 

"I can only construe it could well be that this was a public relations attempt to just explain Mr Neely's departure and to do it in a way that was as less compromising as possible."

Is his quotes maybe  about institutions and due care maybe about hibs,  but the BBC have worded it so it looks like he is talking about us? Either way I dont hold out much hope for his review if it's all new info to him 

Setting aside the integrity of Souness and Smith, what really stinks to me  and is being overlooked is the fact that the boys dad was a cop, also the fact that Hood was also a high ranked ex cop are we really expected to believe that neither of these two reported this matter officially, something doesn't sit right with me on this matter.

53 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

I think the difference is that he’s a paid professional doing a job whereas as Bears on here are soul searching when things come out and type comments straight from the heart which can cloud what is written and I include myself in that.

13 minutes ago, slimjim1690 said:

Setting aside the integrity of Souness and Smith, what really stinks to me  and is being overlooked is the fact that the boys dad was a cop, also the fact that Hood was also a high ranked ex cop are we really expected to believe that neither of these two reported this matter officially, something doesn't sit right with me on this matter.

As I said in earlier post I suspect that Neely being sacked was regarded as sufficient from the boy and the police. The BBC suggesting a cover up is absurd and possibly actionable. 

45 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

The club could use this as an opportunity to call for a full and independent enquiry into child abuse in Scotland. To include both sporting and religious organisations. Tackle this issue head on and be proactive.

Preferably, to insure independence, this enquiry should be led by someone from outwith Scotland.

Why would it include religious organisations? 

2 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Good, prompt statement from the club and next step is legal action against the BBC.

It’s not like we don’t have enough evidence to bring to the table after years of biased reporting. We also can also prove motive because certain individuals from the BBC have been banned from attending games.

1 hour ago, theblueskyeman said:

Sorry if it’s in the thread already. I’ve just read an article in the Scotsman I think and it says Neely was at Hibs and they found out he molested kids there in 1986 but covered it up. He was then free to move to Rangers with his reputation a secret when this incident happened.  

It's definitely on the scottish football sexual abuse thread. Have you read that Blueskyeman?

24 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Probably because the two are entwined,  ie that club and the Church of Rome

So we widen the scope of an inquiry to include religious organisations for what purpose? How does it help deal with historic child abuse within Scottish football? 

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

So we widen the scope of an inquiry to include religious organisations for what purpose? How does it help deal with historic child abuse within Scottish football? 

Agreed.

The focus has to be primarily on Scottish football. To widen the scope at present would dilute the potential for finding culprits.

There's a place for the debate on investigating religious organisations but it shouldn't be side by side with footballing matters. These people don't offend on purely religious grounds.

Archived