***** The Official Porto v Rangers Match Thread *****

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Smile said:

Yes, we were in total control second half thought we stuttered when Jack went off.

You dont realise just how much jack holds the midfield together, he went off against young boys and we fell apart in the middle and they dominated the last of the game, same tonight, 

He's honestly head and shoulders above all other midfielders at the club at the moment, i feel we could lose any other ones, including davis, jack though is irreplaceable the now

What a difference a few days make.

Don't think it's any coincidence that we look good in Europe. We have good players who are good on the ball when they have time and space, the kind you don't get in league games. On the flip side of that though we are obviously playing against much better players.

Once more though we have not been outplayed against a strong, wily outfit. Lots to be pleased with.

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

You dont realise just how much jack holds the midfield together, he went off against young boys and we fell apart in the middle and they dominated the last of the game, same tonight, 

He's honestly head and shoulders above all other midfielders at the club at the moment, i feel we could lose any other ones, including davis, jack though is irreplaceable the now

I agree when he was here early doors I was critical at times but then you get games like tonight and you can see exactly what he does I'm even happy to ignore the pass and the closing down as nine times out of ten that would never have been scored.

W e have been the better team in every game weve played in the group, as others have said maybe we don't realise that our team are a lot better than most of  us give them credit for, at a European level anyway. Just sometimes we maybe find it hard to adapt when up against of some of the teams in spl with their one hundred mile an hour stuff.

Missed most of the game, by fuck thats a big point for us, terrific, who's of thought that after 3 games played and esp after playing Porto away we'd be lying second above Porto, we're capable of taking something from all our remaining fixtures in this group.

The Rangers support were magnificent, loud and proud.

5 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

We're the best team in our group.

Not what the table shows.

We should be top if not for shooting ourselves in the foot previously. Fail to qualify, then no more than serial losers and more disappointment. Albeit the domestic league is paramount.

Archived