Barisic

Sparkle

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, Marky. said:

Superb. A real asset and danger.

Looks cleverer and stronger. Another who has improved vastly.

I don’t think it’s a case of ‘he’s improved’.  He was carrying an injury last year and said during the summer that he wasn’t performing at his best.  With a full preseason under his belt and confidence his performances have been fantastic.  All that talk about him being a shitebag was utter nonsense.  

14 minutes ago, TMB said:

I don’t think it’s a case of ‘he’s improved’.  He was carrying an injury last year and said during the summer that he wasn’t performing at his best.  With a full preseason under his belt and confidence his performances have been fantastic.  All that talk about him being a shitebag was utter nonsense.  

But he has improved on his performances of last year for sure.

25 minutes ago, TMB said:

No it wasn’t. Even Gerrard called him out on it in a round about way after the Helsinki game last season. He’s playing out of his skin now but last season he was a total shitebag.

Croatian international, playing at the top of his game at the moment. Credit to him and the management for turning his form round full circle. Plenty of interest in him in January, get him signed up on a contract extension immediately.

Whilst we are at it, what has happened to Katic lately??

13 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Croatian international, playing at the top of his game at the moment. Credit to him and the management for turning his form round full circle. Plenty of interest in him in January, get him signed up on a contract extension immediately.

Whilst we are at it, what has happened to Katic lately??

Helander has happened to Katic unfortunately, his form since coming back in has been outstanding. Barring injury or suspension then out back 4 is set now I would say.

Just now, eskbankloyal said:

A timely reminder that it generally takes a year or so for players to properly settle and adjust to Scottish football. 

It’s hard but we do need to show patience with a number of players.

I agree. Think how good Aribo will be next season. 

1 minute ago, TEFTONG said:

I agree. Think how good Aribo will be next season. 

Said that about him all along. He’s made a huge step up so I fully expected him to be inconsistent this season. It’s a case of Gerrard managing him properly and knowing when to play him and when to leave him out. Next season I think he will be class for us.

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

No it wasn’t. Even Gerrard called him out on it in a round about way after the Helsinki game last season. He’s playing out of his skin now but last season he was a total shitebag.

I remember him taking a kick and going down smacking the floor as if he'd snapped his leg then got up about a minute later and Gerrard in the post match was fuming with him 

No sign of such shitebag behaviour now. Flies into tackles, doesn't give a fuck. Love it

Today was the kinda game he would have previously struggled with. But to be fair to him he looked really assured  and was brave with and without the ball. 

Imo he is now looking like the accomplished international player that we all hoped he would be.  

Been playing to a really good level every week pretty much since the free kick winner at st mirren

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

I don’t buy that at all but you’re entitled to your opinion.  

“The biggest problem  was that I was getting injured all the time because it was not easy to adapt from Croatian football to Scottish football.

“It is more physical here than I expected and it took time.

“Now, when I compare the results of my tests when I arrived with those from this season, the difference is unbelievable. I’m a lot stronger.

“For example, some exercises took 100 per cent of my power when I first came to the club.

“Now it takes just 50 per cent of my strength to do the same – so it is a lot better. It was difficult last year because when you get injured a second, then a third time you cannot catch up because in this league you need a high level of physicality.

“It is not easy when you are listening to people talking, all these stories that they say about me.

“But I have a strong mindset and I don’t care what people say. I knew all the time that I have a lot of quality and that my problem was just one of physicality. - (Borna Barisic)

14 minutes ago, TMB said:

I don’t buy that at all but you’re entitled to your opinion.  

“The biggest problem  was that I was getting injured all the time because it was not easy to adapt from Croatian football to Scottish football.

“It is more physical here than I expected and it took time.

“Now, when I compare the results of my tests when I arrived with those from this season, the difference is unbelievable. I’m a lot stronger.

“For example, some exercises took 100 per cent of my power when I first came to the club.

“Now it takes just 50 per cent of my strength to do the same – so it is a lot better. It was difficult last year because when you get injured a second, then a third time you cannot catch up because in this league you need a high level of physicality.

“It is not easy when you are listening to people talking, all these stories that they say about me.

“But I have a strong mindset and I don’t care what people say. I knew all the time that I have a lot of quality and that my problem was just one of physicality. - (Borna Barisic)

You won’t buy anything negative that anybody says about him because you’ve always been a Barasic fanboy and when you are a fanboy of a player you won’t hear a bad word against them, even when the criticism is or was correct.

57 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

You won’t buy anything negative that anybody says about him because you’ve always been a Barasic fanboy and when you are a fanboy of a player you won’t hear a bad word against them, even when the criticism is or was correct.

Aye but that's not who we're discussing here - not even sure who that is:whistle:

Archived