*****The official Bet Fred cup final thread*****

wearethepeople1

When they went down to 10 we should have been moving them all and looking for overlaps to get behind. Instead we just relied on getting it wide and crosses into the box. They are boxed in so that will just help them more than anything. We actually got worse when they had 10 men.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

People need to stop calling our players losers. We lost today because of one player - their goalie

Sorry mate we lost and against shite. We are the losers.

Irrespective of some fantastic football, I also witnessed the same flaws from the same players and it will be them who cost us this title.

The tactics were spot on but between some poor ability and mentality it cost us the game, again.

Their keeper kept them in it, but we allowed a wank to score for them and offside I may add, but as Gerrard said it should have been defended better. That slimmest of chances makes the difference between winning and losing.

Don't get me wrong, every player gave his all today. we can't ask for more, but we simply need to be better and be more clinical or we win nothing.

Three out of four from our back line not good enough for me and that includes their mentality. They are the weakest link and it's the difference between winning and losing things.

Gerrard needs to get ruthless and address it.

Just now, George McLean said:

No, and neither do you. However the fact remains that Tav is our recognised penalty taker, has been for years, but yet in a game of this importance he passes the responsibilty to Morelos in order to break his duck v them, it should never have happened, imo.

Never said a did man haha! Ye still can’t say tav passed responsibility because you don’t know what/if anything was decided before hand. That’s just a mental comment mate

If you can't win against a team with 10 men

an 18 year old at right back

no neck not even in the game

johnny hayes😞

And no recognised striker( like them last season when dembele left)

we will never beat them with these players

6 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

We are shockingly bad when we get desperate . That is down to lack of composure and tbh  fight and leadership

That is the difference between us and them at the moment. If they need a goal quickly they often look more dangerous; we don’t look dangerous, we look desperate.

16 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Kamara canny start on Thursday, Frimpong genuinely gave him The runaround 

Davis is ruled out already so who would you play in his place Aribo ? Halliday ?  we have no other cunt to play there so Kamara will play

2 minutes ago, George McLean said:

No, and neither do you. However the fact remains that Tav is our recognised penalty taker, has been for years, but yet in a game of this importance he passes the responsibilty to Morelos in order to break his duck v them, it should never have happened, imo.

Gerrard has jst said it was Alfredo.

8 minutes ago, George McLean said:

Tavernier is the recognised penalty taker and the captain, it was his responsibilty to step forward and take the penalty, he passed that responsibilty up, which shows, imo that he is never a Rangers captain.

I would like to know IF the penalty decision was made before the game, because he has not been for not taking them even when he has missed a few recently.

It looked like Alfredo, who had a very poor game and was starting his shite from last season, had never taken one before. With that bloody giant in goals it really had to be down near the post, certainly not straight at him ffs.   

5 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Sorry mate we lost and against shite. We are the losers.

Irrespective of some fantastic football, I also witnessed the same flaws from the same players and it will be them who cost us this title.

The tactics were spot on but between some poor ability and mentality it cost us the game, again.

Their keeper kept them in it, but we allowed a wank to score for them and offside I may add, but as Gerrard said it should have been defended better. That slimmest of chances makes the difference between winning and losing.

Don't get me wrong, every player gave his all today. we can't ask for more, but we simply need to be better and be more clinical or we win nothing.

Three out of four from our back line not good enough for me and that includes their mentality. They are the weakest link and it's the difference between winning and losing things.

Gerrard needs to get ruthless and address it.

I'm really hurting. It feels like I got mugged and robbed so I can only imagine how the players feel. They were very close to being called winners today and to find fault is simply nit-picking especially when their goal was off-side. Let's see how much media attention is given to that. And I know people do not want VAR but I sure do. If so, we get a second penalty as well.

3 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

If you can't win against a team with 10 men

an 18 year old at right back

no neck not even in the game

johnny hayes😞

And no recognised striker( like them last season when dembele left)

we will never beat them with these players

Sums it up really, many overlooking that was a weakened, lightweight scum side today and we didn’t get over the line 

Has no bearing on our chances for the game at the end of the month which I wish wasn’t until next December after that 

2 minutes ago, pollok-bear said:

We go 2-0 up against Aberdeen and we bottle it with pressure. We turn up in a cup final and look yes we played well but bottled it when the big moments came.

The team we have simply dont have the bottle to see big games like this through.

Europa League campaign says otherwise, been plenty of big performances so far this season. It's been a shit day, but there is still plenty to play for. I'm sure we will all be buzzing on Thursday night.

4 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Agreed.

But at the same time in the here and now cunts need to see what's in front of them and not lose their fucking heads, which plenty seem to be doing.

The experienced heads in that dressing room need to be picking the group up and putting it to them they can go the rest of the domestic season unbeaten.

Absolutely fuck all to fear.

Played the off the Park and they got an offside goal which should never have counted, We score that Penalty we win simple as that, they have won a final with the help of a ref who has been threatened after he gave a penalty to us at their midden. We have a lot to be proud of today the referee is a cheat Plain and simple, we have now had decisions made by the referee's which have cost us badly in the last 2 games. Statement needs to come from the club as last season and now this dodgy decisions have cost us. 

2 minutes ago, aird said:

Zero obviously but to say we didn't batter them is silly. They had 1 shot on target which was offside.

If we batter them and lose your happy? 
I’d rather not batter them then an just fucking beat them, that’s the only thing that matters

you might not see it but even in a game when we “battered them” as you put it, I could see our weaknesses out there, MENTALITY!!!

Absolutely gutted, very harsh after the performance we put in to lose to an offside goal and their only effort of the game.

We were miles better, the gap today was massive and I’ve never in my life seen a more one sided performance end in defeat. Their keeper will probably look back on his career and pick that out as his best, unfortunately for us.

Gerrard and backroom team need to drum into them we are better, and build the belief.

Gloves off, next time the fixture comes around we need to go and take 3 points in their back yard - we are more than capable of scudding these cunts 👊

It's right that we're all sick today, but Gerrard and his backroom staff, every player, every man, woman and child with any sort of connection to the club should be taking the performance today as a sign we're heading towards a double.

This "if we can't beat them after dominating them we'll never beat them" attitude needs kicked to absolute fuck.

Archived