*****The official Bet Fred cup final thread*****

wearethepeople1

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Creampuff said:

I don’t think’s fair. He had a very slow start to the season but has been very good for the last six weeks or so.

He has moments where he dithers on the ball for too long but he has been key to our midfield for most the season by recycling the ball and creating space.

2 minutes ago, frenv said:

The fact that Ojo's even in contention upsets me - one of our most important matches in ages, potentially giving us our first meaningful silverware in some time, and we're looking at a loan player who doesn't seem willing to put in the effort on the pitch and apparently lacks the footballing brain to pass when he could unlock a defense at that point.

Even as a sub to kill time, the idea of him getting a winner's medal ahead of some of the others is pretty depressing (tempered only by the fact that him getting a winner's medal means that we've won...)

2 minutes ago, frenv said:

The fact that Ojo's even in contention upsets me - one of our most important matches in ages, potentially giving us our first meaningful silverware in some time, and we're looking at a loan player who doesn't seem willing to put in the effort on the pitch and apparently lacks the footballing brain to pass when he could unlock a defense at that point.

Even as a sub to kill time, the idea of him getting a winner's medal ahead of some of the others is pretty depressing (tempered only by the fact that him getting a winner's medal means that we've won...)

Bad enough from the Bench but if he’s in the starting 11 we may as well give up. As good as a man down 

Just now, bluenoz said:

If he was to have a curveball it would be Jones. No chance on Barker or Murphy and I can't see Ojo playing either. But I doubt he will have a curveball. It will be Arfield in front three and Kamara back in midfield.

Who’s beside Kamara and Jack in midfield then?

13 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Davis was one of our worst against Aberdeen and Feyenoord. 

Gives another player a chance to prove they should start ahead of him

Wasn't great in the defeat to them at Ibrox either. 

I'd rather have him in the team but don't thinks he's the sole difference between winning and losing.

21 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

Either them start and we are truly fucked before a baw is kicked. Even Kamara is lightweight despite being smart in possession, Kamara has not been half the player that finished the end of last season... no snarling into 50 50s or winning on the high press.

I think it’s more to do with the levels we have gone up since last season, when he signed he was one of the first names on the team sheet with the competition he has now it’s harder to get a run of games unless your putting in motm performances like jack an davo

27 minutes ago, frenv said:

If he plays I don’t think you’ll need to worry too much about who’s getting a winners medal 

7 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

Wasn't great in the defeat to them at Ibrox either. 

I'd rather have him in the team but don't thinks he's the sole difference between winning and losing.

Jack is far better when Davis doesn’t play and he gets to play central as well 

And you know you’ll get at least a 7/10 from Kamara

Either Arfield or Aribo who get the other place in midfield need to step up, get stuck in and offer a threat for us going forward 

7 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

If that is true then why the hell are they broadcasting it? 

It hasn't come from the 4lads account so it's not been posted under any 'official' banner. Its come from one of their personal accounts. However, anything posted from any of them would obviously raise a lot of additional conversation and speculation.

Fully understand yours and others concern. It's always a tough one. We live in a day and age now where the majority of fans want to know and need to know everything and anything, yesterday. There will always be rumours, sources, those in the know. When people don't hear anything they are unhappy. When people hear things they are unhappy. It's a tough balance and it's something that will always happen. I don't think there is any malice in it. I think if the speculation was Davis was fit, we'd all have been delighted.

With Davis out hopefully we go...

McGregor

Tav Goldson Helander Barasic 

Jack Arfield Kamara

Aribo Morelos Kent 

Think Kamara and Jack play their more natural game when Davis isn’t in the mix. Quite like Aribo at RF, would fancy him up against Hayes. 

Edit: or maybe he’s not out and it’s wee bit of mind games.

Archived