*****The official Bet Fred cup final thread*****

wearethepeople1

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

It was .I was in North enclosure that night .Even although I’ve been to loads of these .The atmosphere was absolutely incredible that night .I don’t think I could do it justice by describing it .Tension was absolutely unreal 

remember being at that game with my son it was like today pissing down  we should great heart and spirit that night we need more of the same today

28 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

The weather today 🤔

Two things stand out for me .It reminds me of the night of the Scottish cup semi 1992 final .Pissing of rain and windy as fuck .One of the best nights of my life 

the other thing .This kind of weather means there will be a high chance of a goal scored off a mistake in defence .With team breaking very quickly 

It is vital we don’t play careless passes in front of the 18 yard line 

Your not filling me with confidence mate after that summary. 

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Or watch them sober.

My guts are churning and i’m on my 4th pint.

See for me can't touch food or drink until afterwards. I have 24buds chilling for afterwards.

Nerves are fuckin through the roof but its how its always been.

54 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Gerrard really cant win here today...we played 2 midfielders out wide against them in the league and got destroyed

We need to start with 2 wingers and stretch the game, get them on the back foot early and dont let up on the pressure. Unfortunately the only 2 proper wingers with pace we have who are fit are Kent/Ojo so both have to start today

Whether or not Ojo is up for this kinda game is a different story

Ojo cannot play it just can’t happen 

If you put him in a 100m sprint he does have pace but on a football pitch he doesn’t use it so what’s the point?

Barker is a far better option than Ojo if you’re looking for pace and I’m not even slightly convinced by him 

Archived