Attitude

Bristol loyal

Still fuming last night about many things, the defence, the ref etc but the thing that’s made me more angry than anything is the attitude displayed by near enough our whole team yesterday. Heads down, whinging, moaning they looked like they had given up, they just wanted the game to be over after the sheep’s second. Far too often we don’t see any fight or urgency from these lot, compare to the scum last night who were level for all of 2 minutes before they got their winner and that’s the difference between winners and losers, sadly in terms of mentality we’re miles behind.

Ever watch boxers, they fight to their strengths.   Sluggers slug, boxers box.   

When we play OUR game we are miles ahead of most teams in Scotland BUT when we try to go toe to toe its not in our DNA.  Dont get dragged down to their level.

Ours is a high tempo passing game, its what we do and what we do well.  

Its our identity.

Oh by the way FUCK THE POPE AND THE IRA and fuck any virtue signalling cunt who disagrees.

54 minutes ago, Bristol loyal said:

Still fuming last night about many things, the defence, the ref etc but the thing that’s made me more angry than anything is the attitude displayed by near enough our whole team yesterday. Heads down, whinging, moaning they looked like they had given up, they just wanted the game to be over after the sheep’s second. Far too often we don’t see any fight or urgency from these lot, compare to the scum last night who were level for all of 2 minutes before they got their winner and that’s the difference between winners and losers, sadly in terms of mentality we’re miles behind.

We are most definitely behind on mentality and quality .No matter what any diehard bear thinks .Any team can win a one off game though .So here's hoping we can at least stop their run .If we don't .The rest of the season could be just like last years 

We go 2-0 up and think the game us won and stop doing the things that got us into that position.

we should of been 3/4 -0 in first half then game would of been over.

fuck knows even when it goes to 2-2 with most f first half to play we decide to play like fucking aberdeen.

MUST win on Sunday now 

50 minutes ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

We don't have a fighter, a real fighter, we don't have a captain to drive everyone on.

The fenians have brown.

No matter what we think of him .He gets every player up for a battle around him .He is focused .He stays away from set plays and lets the real dead ball experts do their thing .

2 hours ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

We don't have a fighter, a real fighter, we don't have a captain to drive everyone on.

The fenians have brown.

Aye right enough, the problem is we dont have a captain...

McGregor, Tav, Goldson, Helander, Davis, Jack, Arfield have all been captain of their clubs or country at some point throughout the careers, the team is full of fucking captain's!

1 hour ago, eejay the dj said:

We are most definitely behind on mentality and quality .No matter what any diehard bear thinks .Any team can win a one off game though .So here's hoping we can at least stop their run .If we don't .The rest of the season could be just like last years 

Mate, I think the only part of the team where we're behind on quality is defence. We've got skilled, creative midfielders and undeniable quality up front. And McGregor is the best in the country between the sticks.

Don't get me wrong, our weak defence is probably going to be enough of an Achilles heel to fuck our season, but that's all the more frustrating when the rest of the team is definitely title-winning material.

21 minutes ago, Del said:

Aye right enough, the problem is we dont have a captain...

McGregor, Tav, Goldson, Helander, Davis, Jack, Arfield have all been captain of their clubs or country at some point throughout the careers, the team is full of fucking captain's!

It’s a lack of winners that we have. 

I was never very happy with Davis as captain but he is probably the best choice out of those ones. Maybe Jack because although he has not won anything of note he seems to have the right mentality 

Tav Helander and Goldson are not winners. 

Just now, Bakbear said:

It’s a lack of winners that we have. 

I was never very happy with Davis as captain but he is probably the best choice out of those ones. Maybe Jack because although he has not won anything of note he seems to have the right mentality 

Tav Helander and Goldson are not winners. 

Surely you see how daft that is?

Do you think that if Davis was captain he would lead and drive the team on more than he does at the minute? That guys who have been captains for large parts of their careers just dont bother being a "captain" because they dont wear the arm band?

As for winners, theres no doubt there is a winning mentality throughout the team, they all know that they are expected to win every game, you dont need trophies to build that, but our team last night had 34 winners medals between them!

McGregor - 11 Trophies

Tavernier - 5 Trophies

Goldson - 0

Helander - 4 Trophies

Flannagan - 0

Jack - 1 Trophy

Davis - 8 Trophies

Aribo - 1 Trophy

Kent - 0

Arfield - 1 Trophy

Morelos - 3 Trophies

Attitude of Scottish referees and SPL teams toward us is the biggest problem. 

Number of times the decisions don't go our way, and the number of times diddy teams up their game and attitude solely when they play us is shocking.

The Hearts players on Sunday were still kicking us all over the place, even though they were 5 goals down, with nothing at stake. 

19 minutes ago, Del said:

Surely you see how daft that is?

Do you think that if Davis was captain he would lead and drive the team on more than he does at the minute? That guys who have been captains for large parts of their careers just dont bother being a "captain" because they dont wear the arm band?

As for winners, theres no doubt there is a winning mentality throughout the team, they all know that they are expected to win every game, you dont need trophies to build that, but our team last night had 34 winners medals between them!

McGregor - 11 Trophies

Tavernier - 5 Trophies

Goldson - 0

Helander - 4 Trophies

Flannagan - 0

Jack - 1 Trophy

Davis - 8 Trophies

Aribo - 1 Trophy

Kent - 0

Arfield - 1 Trophy

Morelos - 3 Trophies

No I don’t think it’s daft. I don’t believe that being a Captain makes you a winner. I don’t even believe having won a trophy makes you a winner. I believe that character and inner belief, desire, fortitude and resolve is what makes you a winner. 

some winners are never fortunate enough to be in a team that is good enough and some losers are lucky to be in a team full of winners.

Walters teams of old were stacked full of winners of varying abilities. 

Gerrard is an indisputable winner but never got the league trophy. Tav has 5 trophies but is weak willed. 

My contention, and I appreciate that it’s debatable as it is intangible, is that our current squad has too few winners to give the overall team a winning mentality and until we have a winner as our leader, surrounded by a majority of like minded winners..... we will struggle. 

4 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

No I don’t think it’s daft. I don’t believe that being a Captain makes you a winner. I don’t even believe having won a trophy makes you a winner. I believe that character and inner belief, desire, fortitude and resolve is what makes you a winner. 

some winners are never fortunate enough to be in a team that is good enough and some losers are lucky to be in a team full of winners.

Walters teams of old were stacked full of winners of varying abilities. 

Gerrard is an indisputable winner but never got the league trophy. Tav has 5 trophies but is weak willed. 

My contention, and I appreciate that it’s debatable as it is intangible, is that our current squad has too few winners to give the overall team a winning mentality and until we have a winner as our leader, surrounded by a majority of like minded winners..... we will struggle. 

"I don’t even believe having won a trophy makes you a winner" - It certainly doesnt make you a loser does it? 

As for being a captain making you a winner, there are captains of every team and some will win trophies some wont, but I would have thought that they are captains in the first place because they lead their teams? There will be different types of captains but at the very core of what they are, whether selected by a manager or by players, they will be setting the example for the other players.

What makes Tav weak willed? For all his critics, one of the things I love about Tav is that he never shy's away from the ball, no matter the result or who we are playing he is always willing to get on the ball and try and drive us forward. He is always talking and encouraging people in the team as well, although he maybe isnt as vocal as some others, weak willed isnt a term I would ever has associated with him!

Steven Gerrard is an indisputable winner, hes also recognised throughout football for being one of the best players and captains in the world when he was playing. For me that makes him far more qualified than me, you, or anyone else on here, to determine if someone is a leader/captain and he has said before that we have a number of leaders in the team, some of them I mentioned earlier. We have a team full of players that have won leagues and trophies, full of captains and ex-captains, and have a team that understands its not good enough to drop points. In my opinion, you couldnt say that about previous teams, Pedro/Warburton, but this current group of players get it for me.

Even Walter's team of old lost games and dropped points 😉

It seems that confidence is quite fragile in the team. To lose the head as we did after a sloppy mistake and failing to regroup properly after half time is pretty worrying.

I'm not sure we have the mentality to be champs. This weekend will tell us a lot.

17 minutes ago, Del said:

"I don’t even believe having won a trophy makes you a winner" - It certainly doesnt make you a loser does it? 

As for being a captain making you a winner, there are captains of every team and some will win trophies some wont, but I would have thought that they are captains in the first place because they lead their teams? There will be different types of captains but at the very core of what they are, whether selected by a manager or by players, they will be setting the example for the other players.

What makes Tav weak willed? For all his critics, one of the things I love about Tav is that he never shy's away from the ball, no matter the result or who we are playing he is always willing to get on the ball and try and drive us forward. He is always talking and encouraging people in the team as well, although he maybe isnt as vocal as some others, weak willed isnt a term I would ever has associated with him!

Steven Gerrard is an indisputable winner, hes also recognised throughout football for being one of the best players and captains in the world when he was playing. For me that makes him far more qualified than me, you, or anyone else on here, to determine if someone is a leader/captain and he has said before that we have a number of leaders in the team, some of them I mentioned earlier. We have a team full of players that have won leagues and trophies, full of captains and ex-captains, and have a team that understands its not good enough to drop points. In my opinion, you couldnt say that about previous teams, Pedro/Warburton, but this current group of players get it for me.

Even Walter's team of old lost games and dropped points 😉

Tav is weak willed because whenever there is a real pressure situation he bottles it more often than not. He makes more mistakes than you would expect from a player of his undoubted ability. Since being made captain his dead ball striking (free kicks and corners) has been poor. His penalty scoring  ratio is now falling like a stone. His decision making on getting forward versus holding back is poor. He is constantly being dug out of a hole by Jack or even Kamara recently and while I get it that that is our tactics he needs to be able to make those judgement calls

I happen to rate Tav ability wise and I think we are doing him a disservice by asking him to be captain. I firmly believe he would be happier without the burden and would be a better player without it. obviously I have no way of knowing that but it’s my perception. 

as for Walters team dropping points, as others have mentioned it’s the “way” points are dropped. Last night was weak. Gaffer said so himself. We stopped doing what got us 2-0 up. That’s down to nothing but mental fortitude. Game management was poor. 

2-0 up away from home to a piss poor Aberdeen side and we stopped playing. The whole team. How can the whole team of leaders and winners suddenly decide to put the slippers on? And having done so why couldn’t this team of winners and leaders find a route to goal with 40 minutes of game time ????

This is not isolated. Similar things have happened in other games. Hearts, Grasshoppers, Spartak etc. 

3 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

No matter what we think of him .He gets every player up for a battle around him .He is focused .He stays away from set plays and lets the real dead ball experts do their thing .

At the same time it’s all down to the demise in quality in the Scottish game , he’s roasted in Europe and they wanted shot of him when we had the likes of Mendes Ferguson in the middle of the park 

22 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

At the same time it’s all down to the demise in quality in the Scottish game , he’s roasted in Europe and they wanted shot of him when we had the likes of Mendes Ferguson in the middle of the park 

It's about Scottish football though mate 

We think he is this and that but he has the winners medals .A healthy stack of them 

Who would you want playing for you .A winner or perennial losers .I detest him but it's just churlish not to acknowledge how much value he is for them . It's someone like him we need .And badly .And that is something we ain't had for over 8 years tbh 

17 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

It's about Scottish football though mate 

We think he is this and that but he has the winners medals .A healthy stack of them 

Who would you want playing for you .A winner or perennial losers .I detest him but it's just churlish not to acknowledge how much value he is for them . It's someone like him we need .And badly .And that is something we ain't had for over 8 years tbh 

Agreed 👍🏻👌🏻

A sleep did not help. 

Cruising at 2-0 then we let it go. For sure an attitude problem.

I was sure it was a penalty at the time but that's crying over spilt milk. No doubt that Barisic was missed at the back as Flanagan was poor.

A terrible 2 points to have dropped.

5 hours ago, Bristol loyal said:

Until we replace our captain (a serial loser) we will never have the winning mentality of the unwashed.

Archived